• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has the patches updated any of the AI in the game?

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
I'm just wondering, what is up with the AI in this? Did any of the balance patches update the CPUs? I'm sure many have noticed that they now do a lot of things frame perfect, but was it always like that or just recently? I still have the tougher challenges to deal with, so how would you counter computers at this level then? It's impossible to predict them and they seem to have no set pattern...

While I'm at it, is it just me or does some characters seem to have really cheap AI? I'm mostly referring to :4drmario: and :4rob:. I've noticed these two tend to use much more defensive options WAY more effectively than others, even on lower difficulties.

TroperCase

Smash Cadet
Apparently in 1.0.5 the 3DS version had its AI patched to the WiiU version. As far as I can tell, the accurate shielding has always been there from day 1 on the 3DS version, but little refinements might have been made to other things in balance patches.

The perfect-shielding has gotten a bit old for me, and I set the AI to 7 or 8 in the Smash modes. On 9, it feels that they're just as likely to perfect shield against a quick attack as they are against a charged smash. Hopefully, if they improve the AI in other areas, they'll make them slightly worse with shields to balance it out.

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
The CPU's in Smash Wii U were always input reading and doing frame perfect shielding and airdodges, and they've been ganging up on you in Team battles since launch to my knowledge, especially in Classic on higher difficulties when the enemies are Lv.8-9 and your ally is a Lv.1 CPU that dies in a matter of seconds.
You kinda have to play defensively against high Lv. CPU's wait for them to throw out a move and punish one hit at a time because of said input reading and you can't follow up anything on them

Top Bottom