• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has the 1.1.4 update completely invalidated Shulk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
I feel like this patch was awful for Shulk because of all the buffs to the other swordsmen in the game. Plus, the introduction of Cloud and Corrin.

Range appeared to be Shulk's niche, but now Ike's F-Air outranges his.

Corrin's F-Smash outranges Shulk's B-Air and F-Smash as well as being faster than both and having better recovery and active frames than Shulk's F-Smash.

Marth and Lucina's range buffs also bring them that much closer to Shulk's, their and Ike's damage buffs make Shulk's lower than average damage and kill power more apparent, and while Shulk's counter still lasts long, Corrin's will often kill earlier.

If this is truly the last patch I'm a bit upset at the balance team.

They're still clinging onto this unnecessarily sluggish design while giving minimal buffs to important areas, yet they've buffed and introduced other fighters with tools so good they outclass Shulk's in almost every way.

With several top players like Trela and 9B leaving him behind, is it really worth investing time into Shulk?
When there are now other characters who can play his game better?

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
While this is kind of a hot topic (since I saw that reddit post & already replied to the user), you could have posted this in the Q&A thread since your thread is titled as a question.:p

Still, I'm a Shulk player, even after Cloud & Corrin in the game. The only reason I truly enjoyed this game & came to love as I do today is because of Monado Shield, & Shulk helped me realize that. But I do agree with you in that if this is the last balance patch, then I'm disappointed.

Also, Trela & 9B are old news (like a year ago). Tremendo Dude, DarkWolf, & many other notable Shulk players still make the character shine.

this doesn't really deserve its own thread

although for the sake of having an opinion, i am definitely disappointed. that's all i gotta say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom