• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has Lucario ever teleported?

D

Deleted member

In Brawl and Smash 4, Lucario teleports when he uses Double Team (I know Double Team isn't a counter to begin with), has Lucario ever teleported to begin with?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not a teleport. It just looks similar.

Double Team creates multiple images of yourself to confuse the opponent(something like holograms). In this case, Lucario makes an extra image, which allows it to dodge the attack since it fails to hit the image or the Pokemon, then does an immediate move due to being programmed as a Counter-like attack.

D

Deleted member

It's not a teleport. It just looks similar.

Double Team creates multiple images of yourself to confuse the opponent(something like holograms). In this case, Lucario makes an extra image, which allows it to dodge the attack since it fails to hit the image or the Pokemon, then does an immediate move due to being programmed as a Counter-like attack.
I paused the game while I did Double Team. He disappears after you hit the copy of him. Then he appears out of nowhere. after the image disappears. I don't know, but that looks like he teleported after you fail to hit him and the illusion he created.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I paused the game while I did Double Team. He disappears after you hit the copy of him. Then he appears out of nowhere. after the image disappears. I don't know, but that looks like he teleported after you fail to hit him and the illusion he created.
That's how Double Team works in the anime. You hit a hologram, then they appear out of nowhere to hit you. Albeit, they use a different attack after Double Team there, but it's all one move in this game.

It simply looks like Teleport Spam.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's essentially afterimage attack from dbz

Top Bottom