• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone else noticed that the spirit board is by far the worst part of this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Anything good that comes up is very rare and the game just screws you out at the last second with bs like pitch black vision when the thing you have been ****ting on all game that lasts for 60 seconds where the enemy can still see you apparently and just grabs you and carries you off the edge at full hp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The game "just Jews you"? Aside from your anti-Semitic statement, you sound very disgruntled. It's just a game.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
The worst part? Whaaaat I have a fun time with this mode. It gives me a reason to play for a couple minutes undocked every now and then. I also use this whenever I just want to lay back and mindlessly beat up a bunch of spirits. If anything the worst part of the game is honestly all star.

You just sound aggregated so I would suggest to just get better spirits and use items like weak minions or 50% damage to help combat whatever you felt "Jewed" out of. Make sure you have those rematches too which spirits can find from caves, bought from shops, earned from battles, ect... cause we all gotta get that salty runback occasionally.

Tokyo Cloud

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1692-5700-5908
I enjoy the Spirit Board for getting spirits than I do for WoL actually, especially since I find the latter mode to be a drag, and I'm only going after certain ones anyway. I also save the Rematches I have/get if I fail in a spirit battle, so I'm not worried about that much.

Maybe just take a bit of a break from that mode and try again when you aren't as frustrated, or go after the more easier spirits first before trying the harder ones.

TeamChevy86

Smash Rookie
Spirit board is good to pick up spirits you don't have, stock up to dismiss, or simply challenge yourself against a legendary. I appreciate the challenge of trying to pick the right counters for the stage but still powering myself up enough to stand a chance.
The first legendary class I won against was Dark Matter. I was literally on the edge of my seat trying to beat Meta Knight in the dark with 40 stamina remaining from beating D3. So much fun

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
Anything good that comes up is very rare and the game just screws you out at the last second with bs like pitch black vision when the thing you have been ****ting on all game that lasts for 60 seconds where the enemy can still see you apparently and just grabs you and carries you off the edge at full hp.
You can get Items. 50% Damage (with 1 or 2 enemies) and Weaken Minions (3+ enemies) are by far the best.

D

Deleted member

I just find it purely frustrating, the fights boil down to being 80% luck, 20% doing it right. I guess you have to use those items or whatever that make the fights not completely broken/not play tested.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
It's called choosing the right spirits and creating the right team for the battle. If you do that, your chances of winning will increase. Otherwise, git gud.

Spirit Board is one of my favorite modes, because I was addicted to collecting trophies in Smash 4, and unlocking them is actually fun compared to simply buying them in Smash 4. My first legendary was almost Azura, but I shot the shield, and didn't have enough gold. My first actual legendary was Sukapon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's called choosing the right spirits and creating the right team for the battle. If you do that, your chances of winning will increase. Otherwise, git gud.

Spirit Board is one of my favorite modes, because I was addicted to collecting trophies in Smash 4, and unlocking them is actually fun compared to simply buying them in Smash 4. My first legendary was almost Azura, but I shot the shield, and didn't have enough gold. My first actual legendary was Sukapon.
Its called a bad idea

Tokyo Cloud

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1692-5700-5908
Its called a bad idea
How? It does tell you to use a spirit team that has an advantage over the one you're about to challenge. Spirits give you an elemental/item/support advantage anyway, I mean you can still win matches even with a disadvantage but it'll most likely be harder especially if you're going after an Ace or Legendary spirit.

D

Deleted member

I think it is pretty good and i don't even use spirits outside of world of light

Last edited by a moderator:

Astroking112

Smash Cadet
Pre 2.0, I would've agreed. It feels like just more of World of Light, which we already had plenty of, without the progression.

Upping the player count to 4 makes the mode significantly more entertaining, though, and I actually plan on stopping in on it every now and then now. I was surprised at just how much more fun it is, even with just two players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom