• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anybody made the switch from GC to Pro Controller?

LapisLazuli

Smash Rookie
Yo!
So recently, I've been playing with a GC controller, played 2000 hours of Smash 4 with it but recently it broke, I don't know why, but it stopped working, since I'm getting tired of buying a new GC controller (especially since I don't like much its ergonomy), I've switched to Pro Controller since a few days, 10 hours in playing with it, but I actually wonder, has anybody else did that here? I'm having a lot of problems short hopping, especially turnaround SH nair, any advice?
Here's my control scheme:
ZL-Jump
ZR-Shield
L-special
R-Grab
X Jump
Y Jump
B Special
A Attack
Tap Jump On, Tilt Stick

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
I've been considering swapping to a pro controller, mostly because I don't like how bulky and how much effort it takes to use the ZL and ZR buttons. Sometimes during long play sessions my finger gets tired of pressing this button.

Other than this, do you like it so far

Last edited:

LapisLazuli

Smash Rookie
I've been considering swapping to a pro controller, mostly because I don't like how bulky and how much effort it takes to use the ZL and ZR buttons. Sometimes during long play sessions my finger gets tired of pressing this button.

Other than this, do you like it so far
It's pretty comfy yup, I just don't like sh and nair'ing on this butr I find this better than GC controller

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
It's pretty comfy yup, I just don't like sh and nair'ing on this butr I find this better than GC controller
I've had troubles with short hops on the GC controller. I use the two button macro because I find it hard to press the button and release it fast enough to perform a short hop with just one button. The asymmetry of ZL and ZR2 on the GCC is likely why I'm still finding it a bit difficult to consistently short hop with it, as I have to engage in a press at different times to make them both register at the same time, and I like shield on ZR1.

Some friends of mine have pro controllers. I may try it out one evening and see what it feels like before buying one.

Top Bottom