• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anybody here ever experienced Focal Dystonia after playing?

SyaoranLi

Smash Rookie
READ NOTE AT BOTTOM BEFORE PROCEEDING.

I went a couple of casual rounds with a friend when I was spectating in the Manila cup yesterday. I brought my laptop with 20XX and after playing, I noticed my thumb started to involuntarily curl inwards. I don't know if it was a cramp or something. It didn't hurt or ache after that match but I decided to give it a rest for a while, and I did some stretches as well. Today I decided to practice a bit and noticed a bit of pain on my thumb nothing too serious, but I definitely noticed it started to ache more. Has anybody else experienced this? If so how do you guys go about treating this? Or what are some ways I can better take care of my hand?

Note: I am not certain it is focal dystonia, but symptoms appear similar to it.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Most hand problems can be avoided by taking frequent breaks while playing. every 15 minutes or so you should put the controller down and stretch

Top Bottom