• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has a game ever made you cry?

YourFriendlyNeighbor

Smash Rookie
  • Super Mario Galaxy's credits theme always makes me tear up because of how beautiful it is
  • The ending of TellTale's The Walking Dead Season 1 made me sort of cry even though I already knew what would happen
  • The "stay in Wellington" ending of Season 2 of TWD also made be tear up a bit
  • The final boss to Mother 3 which is pretty self-explanatory
The Walking Dead Seasons 1 and 2's endings were very predictable but they get me everytime. Love those games.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
There are only a couple off the top of my head:
When I thought that Selphi had died. I started crying because at that point I hadn't made any friends at that point.

Whenever Dusknoir betrays you and you realize Grovyle isnt the bad guy I started crying. A lot. I couldn't even beat the next dungeon because I was crying.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Here's a few right now:
  • Mother 3: No explaination needed
  • Smash 4: Cloud's reveal
  • Mario Kart 8: Seeing Rainbow Road 64 for the first time...

Last edited:

Nick DePaul

Smash Cadet
NNID
nickzaroo
3DS FC
3239-4036-3837
Minecraft Story Mode
Ruben dies

The last of us stirred really every emotion in my head the whole playthrough

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That was a big punch in the stomach and, IMO, one of the few moments Chrom is a likable main character. Before that happens, you can feel it in your skin, the absolute fear and terror in Chrom's voice, especially when he screams to his units to lower their weapons. Then after it happens, Chrom and Lissa's reactions... yeah, pretty sad.
And the look on Lissa's face...it was heartbreaking...

GuffMcGufferson

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3869-7120-5996
In playing a game with story, I haven't cried at one yet, but with people saying they cryed from Undertale, I'll probably cry.
As with games without story, particularly multiplayer games & difficult games, I've had my fair share of fits (mainly as a child) when I couldn't win anything.
So, after playing Undertale's Pacifist ending, my statement is now broken, as I actually did cry a bit (if you consider a few tears rolling down my face as crying)

LegendOfZeldaNut

Proud Bearer of the Triforce of Courage
Exactly one video game has ever made me cry. That game was Undertale
So, I had decided to do genocide first to "get it over with" (please note I was going in COMPLETLY blind to the whole "it remembers thing") I got though room after room, fight after fight. I killed Sans and made my way onwards. Then, I met Chara. I, well, I freaked out. The idea that it wasn't even ME this entire time threw me for a loop. I got to the point where she (he?) asks me to erase the world. I said no. After jumping 2 feet in the air and letting out a string of cuss words from the jumpscare, I relaunched the game. I got a choice to give her my soul and she would set the world back to normal. I instantly said yes. I was SO FREAKING HAPPY when I saw Goat Mom (Toriel). Then, Frisk sat up in bed and grinned with red eyes. I lost it. The full implications of what I had done, first killing everything, then selling my soul to Chara, hit me like a ton of bricks. I bawled my eyes out. I have not touched the game since, I don't know if I can again without breaking down. No matter what I do now, neutral or pacifist, it will end in genocide
Also, if you REALLY want to get the feels after playing Undertale, listen to "Chara" by MandoPony on YouTube
HOWEVER: This song does contain major story spoilers for the genocide route. If you have not played the genocide route DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS SONG UNTILL YOU HAVE!
EDIT: I would also recommend the Megaolavina Vocal Cover too. This song does have some spoilers for the genocide route too, but not nearly as many or as large. Also, not sure if I should say this but in the Vocal Cover H E double hockey sticks is said once, so if you don't like cuss words (Is that even a cuss word?) don't listen to it

Last edited:

Questriolu

Smash Cadet
There aren't a lot of games I played that made me cry in the end. So far, I can only remember 2 games that made me cry.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
The first game that made me cry, is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time. Also one of the first games I played on my DS, I wouldn't really finish the game for some time, because I have no idea how to beat the final boss. At 2013, I was able to beat the game, and the ending started to put me into tears. After defeating the Dialga, and saving him from some curse(at least I think that happened), the main character(you) start to fade away back to your world, as your partner sees you disappear right in front of him/her. As you faded away, your partner went back to the guide and told everyone what happened(I haven't played it for a long time, so what you see here, is just my closest things I can remember). After going to the same beach you are founded in the beginning of the game, and your partner wishes you to come back, you reappear in front of your partner.

Klonoa
The other game, which is one of the most recent games I picked up, Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (I don't have a PS3 or whatever, and the Wii is the only console I have at the moment. I'm glad it managed to get a remake on the Wii). Another game that put me into tears in the end, much like PMD, except this ending hits harder, for me personally. After defeating Ghadius and Natahomb, Klonoa is then told by Huepoe that to finish Natahomb off, Huepoe is needed to finish Natahomb off, by shooting him at Natahomb. Klonoa, being hesitant, agrees to do so. As the nightmarish entity is finished off and freeing the Songstress, Lephise, Klonoa crys for Huepoe that he would be with him forever. Huepoe, appears and calls Klonoa out, that he's still fine. Then, after finishing off Natahomb, the two sit beside together on the mountain, having a little chat, until Huepoe tells Klonoa, that the Phantomile he lived in now, isn't his Phantomile, and everything was all a dream, and once Lephise, the Songstress sings the 'Song of Rebirth', Klonoa would be forced back into his real Phantomile. Then, Lephise then sings the Song of Rebirth, and the portal opens and drags Klonoa into the portal and into his home. Huepoe, not ready to say goodbye to his closest friend, tries to hold on to Klonoa from getting sucked into the portal. Klonoa is sucked into the portal, and has to leave his best friend behind, to go back to his real Phantomile.

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I cried about smash bros when wolf wasn't announced.

Omega Flowy scaring the crap out if me and the pacifist ending also hit hard.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Games that brought me to tears:

-Reaching Kanto for the first time in Pokémon Silver Version as a child. I had just beat Team Rocket and I decided to go back to New Bark Town. I then realized "hey there's water here" and used surf. I then surfed across the way, arrived in a new area, and was told by an NPC I was in a new region: Kanto. I was in utter disarray. The new region was the region I had played in previously. I looked at the map to see where I had spent literally a thousand hours between Pokémon Blue, Red and Yellow versions and it still didn't sink in. Honestly it didn't feel all the way real until I beat Red atop Mount Silver. That moment overwhelmed me with joy. I couldn't believe a game was so full of areas to explore and so rich of content while being oh so nostalgic and new at the same time. Truly Gen 2 of Pokémon was something spectacular to behold, and is easily the best Gen IMO!

-Metal Gear Solid 3's ending. That sacrifice was wow. When that bomb saved for an already great ending was dropped, I was blown away. Boy did that whole ending set up some incredible things, and man, the feels and sympathy and empathy were real.

-Episode 43 in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, titled "Shining Lights, Even in Death." If you ever want to play a game that builds relationships with you only to rip your heart out, boy that mission is it. After a roller coaster of emotions in The Phantom Pain, Episode 43 comes around and takes your heart out and kills you inside. I cried pretty hard to all of it. Episode 45 almost brought me to tears on top of that.

-The end of The Walking Dead Season 1. Having to do what I had to do at the end... was painful. The ending, seeing how my decisions effected the game, and seeing I made the right decision morally but seeing all the loss was stunning. I consistently doubted my decisions on my first playthru, but the ending showed me I made the right calls, as awful as it was to see the results.

-The best ending of Fire Emblem: Awakening. Man... that whole sequence was pretty emotional. The build up and Lucina's decision not too long before almost had me in tears as well, as well as Emm's sacrifice.

Games that came close:

-The ending of Earth Bound. It made your game experience nostalgic is a very sad way, which was incredibly impressive. What impressed me the most was in a video game it didn't even make me just feel nostalgic about in game characters or places, but events that I could have experienced mere hours beforehand. It made me feel sad in a way that felt like I couldn't revisit them. It truly captured the moment.

-The Final Boss fight in Mother 3. It is straight up intense and depressing, and everything that unfold makes it worse. You go through a wild array of emotions.

-The ending of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. Everything and everyone you fought being put in that apocalyptic situation was rage-inducing and very somber. Hearing a supposed enemy dying for you and your allies was truly depressing, and also fills you with the rage of vengeance.

-The sniper battle in Metal Gear Solid 1 and Solid Snake's reminiscence. All of that was sad. The exchanges between Snake and Colonel Campbell are especially impacting.

-Metal Gear Solid 4's ending (seeing so many main characters die), the end of Chapter 3 (the way everything goes down is nuts), and the beginning of Chapter 4 (nostalgia super overload) were all incredibly sad and almost brought me to tears. They choke me up pretty consistently.

-The end of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. The whole conclusion is just drop dead incredible and engaging. Too bad it never got a true sequel worthy of following that epic up.

-Link returning to human form/Darmani's vision in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Those were pretty impressive and yet subtle stories that were told quite well.

\\

Can't think of anymore, but that was still quite a lot.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just recently, Final Fantasy VII.

The death of Aerith. I was in total shock when it happened and it was just very sad and tragic. And that cutscene in which Cloud was carrying her lifeless body into the lake and watching her sink to the bottom was just...well...heartbreaking. I remember tears were coming out of my eyes as I witnessed that moment...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't recall a game's story having ever made me cry. Don't get me wrong, I cry very easily. A game's story has just never done that for me for some reason, unless I'm forgetting something.

I have cried due to a game, though... Animal Crossing. My original Animal Crossing town corrupted, and it devastated my poor just turned-14 self. I remember my dad having to tell me "It's just a game...Calm down". He was right, I took that far too hard. I had my reasons, though. The game had connected my sister and I. After the town corrupted things changed, we stopped getting along with the game, as she wanted her own town altogether. That wasn't too long before she would get married (to someone bad, but that's another story) and move out... But it's not as if this was all known to me when the town corrupted. I was just being a drama queen. I didn't have a life, I didn't really have many friends... So the game really got to me. D:

I can feel sad that I don't get obsessed with games like I used to, but actually I'm very glad I don't... I got too obsessed.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
I cried once when I was playing Kingdom Hearts final mix the lingering will was just to hard It was cries of anger

Dutch Kirby

Smash Cadet
NNID
WhiscashQueen
3DS FC
3754-9493-1303
I actually cried nostalgic tears today when watching the Melee opening and seeing the screen go up from Sheik's harp towards Kirby flying in the dark sky on his Warpstar. Nostalgia, pure beauty...

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
I actually cried nostalgic tears today when watching the Melee opening and seeing the screen go up from Sheik's harp towards Kirby flying in the dark sky on his Warpstar. Nostalgia, pure beauty...
I feel U man Melee was my childhoodback in the day preach

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
Ah I finally get to share my opinion on this matter. ;D

A particular scene (I won't spoil it) in Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright literally had me dropping my mouth open in shock. Shortly after we hear Phoenix give a very emotional outburst to one of the other characters. It was such a convincing and powerful scene, I admit tears were shed.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
When I was younger I watched a Let's Play of Mother 3 and at the end of the game I cried. Honestly now it would pretty much be impossible for anything to make me cry unless it is something really bad that happens in real life to me or someone I care about.

LegendOfZeldaNut

Proud Bearer of the Triforce of Courage
Whelp, I'm back to add that after doing all the crazy stuff to make Undertale reset and forget my Genocide run, I did neutral. And I bawled. I just felt SO bad for Flowey. I mean he cannot feel emotion AT ALL. And it's not his fault either!
It's Chara's, she (I see him/her as a she) simply used Asriel to try to get the barrier open so she could murder everything. And it's not Alphys fault either. She had no clue about that flower, she simply did not want to harm anyone anymore, so she used a flower. It backfired. BADLY. So now Flowey, having no emotion, and knowing he is not truly Asriel ,begins to think that it's KILL or be KILLED. It's not his fault. And that whole "I can't understand why you're sparing me" thing and then bolting, sealed the deal. Flowey is now my favorite character in Undertale
As I did last time, I have some song recommendations
1. Floweytale by Groundbreaking
This song is just FLOWEY, I know no other way to describe it. It does have minor spoilers (like the no emotion thing)
2. I am Flowey by TryHardNinja
This song is just so goofy and funny and that last bit is just WOW! There are no spoilers in this one.
NOTE: I am Flowey does have some really flashing lights at the end so if you are prone to seizures DO NOT WATCH IT! (And that's my PSA for the day)

Last edited:

TK8305

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TK8305
I have to say Katawa Shoujo Hanako's Path almost got me a few times. ;-;

cornandbeans

Smash Cadet
such an awesome read that was! i was questioning whether i actually wanted to read it or not, but im glad i did, it was fantastic.

Though I haven't physically cried at the hands of a video game, i have had feels. I mean, anybody whose played the last of us or the walking dead (the good one) obviously know where im coming from. I also have gotten sad/really nostalgic listening to VG music, like the gamecube and wii menu music...ah, good times.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
A game has never made me cry that I can recall (Other than tears of rage maybe), but i just started Undertale not long ago so i don't know what the will do to me... It seems its affected most people in this thread

Fox who?

Smash Cadet
NNID
xanhil
3DS FC
4957-6199-7845
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days made me cry tears of sadness.

Metroid Fusion made me cry tears of joy.

Armored Core 3 made me cry tears of rage.

Metroid Prime 3 made me cry tears of disappointment.

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I just cry a lot. It's not really the game itself that gets me, most often it's the result of nostagia.

Although the end of Luigi's Mansion always does it for me.

primogenitor34

Smash Rookie
NNID
GrumpiestTurtle
3DS FC
1221-0293-7644
Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team... >__>

And this, except with Lily's route, as well as nearly every route in "If My Heart Had Wings". Jesus, I'm such a delicate pansy...

Blazinglight

Smash Rookie
I tend to keep myself seperate from fantasy, so I never cried over someone dying in a game because i have the set mentality that it is just a cluster of pixals. Although, i can't say I was completely emotionless when
My favorite character Ryoma kills himself for Corrin.

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
When you have to fight Rundas, one of Samus' only friend who saved her twice.

The fight against Mysterious Figure, especially when he was obliterating poor Ven with his clones.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I only remember a few games where a video game made me cry.

The first one was the End Credits to Pokemon Ruby. The melody really hits you in the feels, and the fact they have that montage of all the Pokemon you caught in your journey really hits you hard because it makes you think of your entire adventure overall, and having the final Pokemon shown being your starter Pokemon in its base form just makes you cry tears of remembering how it all began.

The next few times I cried from a video game contain spoilers.

That ending scene. Dear god, I cried so hard the first time I watched it. The music and the atmosphere made this scene so emotional, though Layton's tears was saddest part in all of this. Why? Professor Layton you'd never expect to see cry because of his true gentleman behavior. He always acts so calm, so to see him become this emotional really makes things sad, not to mention he has to see the woman he once loved "die" once again right before his very eyes (and seeing how Layton and Claire's relationship was like throughout the game only heightens the feels in the end).

Perhaps it's better that I show this rather than keep on explaining. If you care about spoilers, it's best not to watch this video. If you don't care about spoilers and want to understand why the ending is such a tear-jerker, fill free to watch this video first, then watch the video below.

The following scene is also pretty sad and made me cry. The post credits cutscene shows Luke saying goodbye to Layton at the port, and to see the two part ways was pretty emotional, especially seeing Luke cry.
Loosha's death was really sad. Loosha was the only source of love for Arianna and Tony since their father died, so her death really makes things sad. Not only that, but at the part when Luke tells Arianna that Loosha was telling them "thank you" before dying, they show flashbacks to all the times Loosha, Arianna, and Tony had fun together. Let's just say, whenever they show flashbacks during death, that's when I tend to get emotional, and this scene was no exception. Following the flashbacks, we then see Arianna break down in tears thinking about those memories, a perfect reaction to thinking back about the life of something that just died.
The ending once again has some very emotional moments. First is the part where Layton, Luke, Emmy, Descole, and Bronev sacrifice themselves by throwing themselves in front of the beams of light to stop the Azran Golems from their path of destruction. Seeing Layton die was pretty sad, and hearing Layton's scream right before death only heightens the feels. Granted, this game takes place one year before the events of Curious Village, so it was obvious Layton and the others were going to be revived, but to see Layton actually die is a sad sight to see.

But things got even sadder when Aurora's death happaned. Remember when I said how flashbacks right before death make things very emotional for me? Well, here they come yet again. Luke stands still as the others escape. As he watches Aurora fade away right before his very eyes, tears start coming down his eyes. We then see flashbacks to several Aurora moments during Layton's adventure. Once that's done, Luke tearfully says, "Goodbye, Aurora," and he escapes the collapsing Azran Sanctuary with Layton and the others.

But the saddest part didn't kick in until the end credits. Want to know what music was playing in the background?

This track called "Surely Someday"

At the time this game was released, Azran Legacy was believed to be Layton's last game. Imagine knowing that and hearing this music playing. What makes this even sadder is that during the end credits, there is a montage of various events from the game. The final moments reveal the events leading to Curious Village, and do you want to know what the post-game cutscene is? The very first cutscene from Curious Village. That will make you cry tears of nostalgia!

Well, it's a good thing we will be getting more Layton games now!

Honorable mention goes to Pokemon X/Y.

I almost cried at the part where AZ and his Floette are reunited. That scene is the reason why Floette is one of my favorite Kalos Pokemon.

Since Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, it's been a while since a video game made me cry. Then I played Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright a few years later...

While this isn't her route, Elise is actually fairly active in Birthright's story, allowing you to get to know her character. You see what a precious cinnamon roll she is as she decides to stay by your side in your quest to defeat King Garon...

Then came Chapter 26. It's the big battle against Xander. Xander has the upper hand, and just as he is about to land the killing blow on you, Elise jumps in front of you and takes the fatal slash. I gasped, fearing that Elise took the blow. You only see this jump very briefly, as the moment you hear the slash, the camera changes to show Xander's reaction slowly turning into shock. The very next scene confirms your deepest fears just came true: Elise DID take the slash. The music "As the Stars Fall", a somber track, starts playing as we see Elise falling to the ground. I screamed Elise's name at that moment. Xander drops his sword and runs toward Elise, then tries to get her to wake up as he is clearly in an emotional shock.

With little time remaining, Elise begs Xander to stop fighting. She then tells Xander, "Nohr needs more from you. Not just your strength... *grunts in pain*... but what we need... is caring... and a warm hand... and tears."

I got pretty emotional at the part where she says "and a warm hand" because she grabs Xander's hand and cradles it behind her head at the moment she says it. It also got emotional after the part she says "and tears", because immediately following that line, we now see Xander starting to cry.

Elise then tries to wipe away the tears in Xander's eyes as she "That's the way... Try to be... at peace..." At that moment, her arm disturbingly drops. She dies at that instant. The game over music starts playing as we see Xander's reaction. He is beyond sad at this point as we know see Elise's dead body. It was at this moment I was crying. While she may not be one of my favorite characters from Fates, I like Elise as a character, and to see a precious cinnamon roll like her die like that, it was quite the tear-jerker. Following this, Xander gently lays Elise's body on the ground and angrily stares at you. The cutscene ends.

We then see Corrin standing over Elise's body and weeping over her death. I was so emotional at this point, that I slowly proceeded through the dialogue. Xander then tells Corrin to get up and return fighting. I remember screaming, "Are you kidding me Xander? Have you forgotten why Elise sacrificed herself? Why do you want to keep fighting?" When I pressed A, Corrin's next words pretty much echoed exactly what I said. Corrin is eventually forced to pick up his blade after Xander continues to insist. I remember saying over and over "Why, Xander? Why?"

Following this scene, Xander's retainers, Laslow and Peri, barge into the room after hearing the commotion. When they see Elise's dead body, they call in reinforcements. Xander begs them to not get involved at this point, but Peri and Laslow insist on fighting in order to protect their superior. As the Hoshido army calls to send in reinforcements in response to what's going on, Xander states "This isn't how I wanted it to develop at all."

You really have to feel for Xander here. He's the kind of character who you wouldn't expect to see cry, so for him to break down like this is pretty heartbreaking to watch, especially when you know the reason he's becoming emotional at this point is because he feels very guilty about accidentally murdering his youngest sister. After all of this, it becomes clear that the reason why Xander wants you to fight him is because he wants YOU to end his life. Xander has lost his will to live because of what he just did, and feeling conflicted about his sense of honor and his emotions, he figures his best way to commit suicide is for you to finish him battle. When this came to my mind, I really didn't want to kill Xander because I know things would become even more emotional afterward.

The game over music continues to play as you select/arrange your units instead of the usual battle preparation. Having that music play and watching what just happened made it very difficult for me to pick which units to use. I also felt emotionally disappointed when I noticed Corrin was separated from the others in the battlefield room with Xander. I couldn't move Corrin out of it, and I got distressed about it because I didn't want to fight Xander right away.

The battle then starts. The mission is to kill Xander. I didn't want to kill him right away, so I decided to play out the chapter by having the rest of my units fight off the other enemy units, then kill Xander last. I also killed the General guarding the door so that I could get Corrin out of it because I didn't know that Xander will not attack you on the enemy turns, and I wanted to get Corrin out because I wanted to play through the entire battle first, not to mention I REALLY didn't want to kill Xander.

Oh yeah, did I mention the same music that plays during the battle in Chapter 6 plays for the Chapter 26 battle as well? Having that song play during the battle after watching such a sad scene only added the feels, to the point that I was proceeding through this battle very slowly because of how emotional I felt.

I ended up killing Laslow and Peri, and Laslow's death really hit me. His death quote: "Haha... *cough* *cough*... Sorry, my friends... I won't be... returning with you..." As someone who played Awakening prior where Inigo was one of my favorite characters, this quote made me feel really bad for killing him.

Then came the battle with Xander. I moved Corrin back to the room (and he didn't fight AT ALL; think of it as if Corrin needed some time to grieve). I finished off Xander, and the battle ended. We now see a scene where Corrin talks to a dying Xander, who is resting against the wall with his sword dropped to the side. This music is now playing. Xander commends Corrin for fighting well, but Corrin asks Xander why did he hold back even though he promised he wouldn't. Corrin breaks down in tears as he asks this, but then Xander says, "Dry those eyes, little prince."

He then utters the words, "Do you know what my favorite memory is?"

It was at this point I started to cry again, and this time, I was really crying. I knew a sad flashback was coming up, and how right I was. Xander says his favorite memory was when he shared a laugh with Corrin, Elise, Camilla, and Leo at the dinner table, and he also remembers that Leo wore his boots on the wrong feet that day. He then explains that sharing laughs like that were the happiest memories in his entire life. I don't know about you, but sharing such a bittersweet memory like that right before death really hits you hard, and for someone like me for who gets emotional when flashbacks are shown before death, this moment was no exception.

At this point, I was slowly pressing A due to grief as I couldn't hold back tears. Xander continues on about the reason why he couldn't join you was because he upheld duty over his feelings, and he also states that in another timeline, it's possible he could've aligned with Corrin. He then begs Corrin to defeat Garon. It is then that Xander utters his last words: "Now it's time for me to go, little prince. Please, don't cry..." Xander dies at that moment.

I was crying at this point yet again (and overall, I'd say I was crying harder during Xander's death than I did with Elise's death), once again slowly proceeding through the following dialogue. Corrin is so remorseful from Xander's death that, after he calms down and tells the Hoshido army to move around, he sobs when he utters Xander's name.

I was so emotional from this chapter that I decided to not finish my Birthright playthrough until the very next day when I felt better.

And let me tell you something: this is coming from someone who played Birthright first. Conquest had some sad moments too, but none of those made me cry like the events in Chapter 26 did.

TL;DR: Birthright Chapter 26 was the first time a video game made me cry in a very long time. From the moment Elise died until the very end of the chapter, Chapter 26 was very emotional throughout.

Last edited:

LoserPluzsik

Smash Rookie
NNID
PinkieKeen29
I've never cried at a video game, except
in Kirby's Block Ball when you get a bad ending, the music made me cry. I listened to a MIDI version of it and it made me tear up. Hey, I was 11!

D

Deleted member

There have been games that put me on the verge of tears, such as the beginning of Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, Aerith's story in FF7, and near the end of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All.
But the thing that made me cry, and honestly still gets me to this day...
Is the final battle of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
The dialogue is so heartwarming. After all hope is lost, the Crystal Stars "speak" to many characters in the game still cheer on Mario knowing that he will save the day from darkness. All the while... some of the music beautiful music is being played in the background.
Goddamn this song is so good. Even in hopeless times, there was still hope...

Top Bottom