• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardware Hurdles

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Hey friends. So I held out for quite a while but I’m seriously considering getting the Switch now, mainly for this game (and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe).

One of the factors holding me back, though, is that I’ve been hearing a lot about hardware troubles with the system itself, moreso than Nintendo’s earlier, sturdier offerings. It makes me wonder if I should stick with just my tried and true N64 instead. Some of the issues are mentioned in this article: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/07/poll_is_your_nintendo_switch_cracking_under_the_pressure

So I’d like to hear some input from y’all. Is this a launch system issue primarily? Have you been having any troubles with your system? Could this be an issue at long running tournaments? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
I've had my Switch since launch day, and it's still in mint condition. Although I almost exclusively use it while it's docked, so I'm not sure about how good the Switch's durability is when frequently used while undocked.

Arthur97

Smash Master
My Switch (launch I think) is still in good shape. I've taken it to college a few times (with case and screen protector. Other than a scratch on the dock, it seems to be fine. The left Joy Con issues should also be fixed with newer models hopefully.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Day one Switch adopter here, and I've never had any issue with my system. I am very careful with it and use a carrying case when I bring it places, though. Even if you do run into issues with it, I believe Nintendo offers a free warranty.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
never had a problem with mine and it's almost exclusively used as a handheld

Top Bottom