• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest Boss Move To Dodge?

Arcade

Smash Ace
A tie between Rayquaza's lightning and Tabuu's Xbox 360 impression. The lightning usually catches me off guard for some reason and I often mess up the timing for the red rings.

Porky's laser is really easy to dodge once you have a sense of how it homes in on you.

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
I think it's Rayquaza's explosion thing, where his eye shines for a brief moment and suddenly u explode. Dodging Taboo's 3 waves isn't so difficult. Just spot dodge 3 times.

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
I hate the thing where Tabuu goes to the middle and uses his wings and everything dies... Luckily I have Meta Knight to stop that... After many tries.... Also, what do you mean by the 3-wave? Sorry if I'm sounding dumb or anything.
The 3 wave is one of Taboo's attacks. The one u described as:" Tabuu goes to the middle and uses his wings and everything dies". In this attack he uses his wings and makes 3 ultrawaves.

G.R. Lemon

Smash Rookie
Tabuu's waves aren't fun. I should be thankful that most of my preferred characters are decent in recovery (the only reason I beat him), but still, they always die on the waves. Of course, considering that I use a Remote/Nunchuk configuration, I have a fun time trying to keep what I plan to do with my characters straight (e.g. Doing a side smash when I want a side special, or vice versa - I had Falco die once when I pressed the wrong button and Phantasm-ed offstage). I've tried to mid-air dodge the waves sometimes, but I've never considered a down dodge. Maybe I should try that if I challenge Tabuu again.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
I hate the thing where Tabuu goes to the middle and uses his wings and everything dies... Luckily I have Meta Knight to stop that... After many tries.... Also, what do you mean by the 3-wave? Sorry if I'm sounding dumb or anything.
Just sidestep dodge. Its actually pretty easy to dodge.

Ok don't know if this was already posted but one boss move that u can not dodge (i believe its impossible) is when master hand drills into the ground. all u can do is shield it. not only does he home in on u but if you dodge it pulls u right back into the attack.

and tabus waves r easy to dodge once u get the timing down right. (down dodge with just the right timing)

Actually, you can dodge it. One way and the way I find easiest, is to take a character and tether on the edge of the stage. Another way is to simply stay off the stage through jumps, gliding, recoveries and such. The way I find hardest can only be done with certain characters. Wolf, falco, fox, ike and maybe sonic. There may be more characters. You take their side b and at just the right time at the split second master hand appears on the stage, you quickly dash forward.

Tabuu's waves aren't fun. I should be thankful that most of my preferred characters are decent in recovery (the only reason I beat him), but still, they always die on the waves. Of course, considering that I use a Remote/Nunchuk configuration, I have a fun time trying to keep what I plan to do with my characters straight (e.g. Doing a side smash when I want a side special, or vice versa - I had Falco die once when I pressed the wrong button and Phantasm-ed offstage). I've tried to mid-air dodge the waves sometimes, but I've never considered a down dodge. Maybe I should try that if I challenge Tabuu again.
Just get you timing right and its easy.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Porky, i'm always hit by one thing but it's different almost every time -_-

Arcade

Smash Ace
This is truefax. If you can't dodge all three, then LEARN to sidestep.
Nice avatar there, 1412. ... is it just me or are there a ton of Detective Conan fans around here?

I don't know what it is about Tabuu's red rings. The way they kinda flicker is just ... well, to quote AVGN: "They play with your eyes and **** you all up." The guy just mindgaemz me.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Ok don't know if this was already posted but one boss move that u can not dodge (i believe its impossible) is when master hand drills into the ground. all u can do is shield it. not only does he home in on u but if you dodge it pulls u right back into the attack.
Jump off the stage right before he dives in for the attack; he never follows you off stage.

Tabuu's butterfly ring/3 shock-wave/whatever-you-wanna-call-it attack has a timing to dodge depending on the level you're playing. Easy makes it slow, and Intense makes it so fast that you better not DARE to air-dodge or roll dodge.

I only know the timing of Intense. You better side-dodge, wait for like a quarter or half a second, side-dodge, wait for another half a second, then side-dodge. DO NOT ROLL DODGE OR AIR-DODGE. Roll dodge takes too long, and air dodging has too much time taken before using the next dodge.

Funny thing is that, the speed of that attack in Intense mood is so fast that Zelda can avoid it by transforming into Sheik (depending on how long your game takes for her to transform). Not sure about the PokeMon Trainer.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
I personally get hit by Tabuu's rope thing the most. I can't predict the timing

Triple shockwave's easy

Porky's laser is not. All who say otherwise probably haven't ventured past "normal"

Meta_Ridley46

Smash Cadet
Tabuu's off waves i think are actually pretty easy, just press shield+down, and if you time it right you wil avoid them. Meta Ridley's one-hit-KO move is pretty hard to avoid (the one where he slams the falcon flyer to the ground) because he does it rather quick and doesn't give you enough time to jump. The only way to avoid this is to air dodge, but that is quite difficult considering that he does it extremely fast.

EDIT: I wasn't fighting Tabuu on intense. On intense i'm sure he's the hardest...

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Jump off the stage right before he dives in for the attack; he never follows you off stage.

Tabuu's butterfly ring/3 shock-wave/whatever-you-wanna-call-it attack has a timing to dodge depending on the level you're playing. Easy makes it slow, and Intense makes it so fast that you better not DARE to air-dodge or roll dodge.

I only know the timing of Intense. You better side-dodge, wait for like a quarter or half a second, side-dodge, wait for another half a second, then side-dodge. DO NOT ROLL DODGE OR AIR-DODGE. Roll dodge takes too long, and air dodging has too much time taken before using the next dodge.

Funny thing is that, the speed of that attack in Intense mood is so fast that Zelda can avoid it by transforming into Sheik (depending on how long your game takes for her to transform). Not sure about the PokeMon Trainer.
once you get used to the timing, its easy.

Agreed. Tabuu's triple shockwave was one of the toughest to figure out how to dodge in intense.
Just sidestep dodge 3 times at the right times.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Imo the only boss move that is actually hard to dodge is Rayquaza's vertical laser/lightningbolt where he loops around a bit beforehand. I should learn to powershield it some time.

I dont find Taboo's special attack hard at all to dodge, just use Z and down (wii remote) to dodge the attack and time it just right 3 times. No boss is really hard to dodge at all. well i cant really say that because i dont know how much experience you have in the game. no offence.

Taboo's grapple move.

:colorful::flame::demon::evil::grrr:SSBBMASTER :grrr::evil::demon::flame::colorful:
I think, after beating taboo on intense, the hardest attack he has, is when he turns into that square-like graple, that if you are grabbed by it on intense, you are sure to get ko'd... Its not that its hard to dodge, its that i always seem to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. either on the side of the stage or right where the thing spawns. Other than that attack, i cant be touched. ;)

:colorful::demon::grrr::evil::flame::skull::rotfl::eek::grrr::smiliegor:enforcer::sniper::teleportg :bigrocket:ouch::rocket::chainsaw::tnt::laser:

Exactly >_>, and it's spelled Tabuu.
I have dodged them on intense, they're a bit more difficult to dodge than the waves in the other difficulties...

:colorful::demon::flame::evil::grrr:SSBBMASTER :grrr::evil::flame::demon::colorful:

I agree, tabuu's "special move" gets harder with each difficulty, i found that on intense you had a smaller window of time to dodge each of his waves. Thank god there is only three of them, my heart jumps a beat every time i dodge one of his rings.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
:laugh::embarrass:):ohwell::p:chuckle::urg:;)

The obvious answer would be Tabuu's Red Ring of Death. The only thing that's managed to escape it so far is Squirtle... And my 360 :D

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I always hated Rayquaza. It may be easy, but he intimidates me. The game, the movie, he's always ruthless. Aside from that, the Duodon or whatever it's called always kicks my *** if I'm not really careful.

thisnameisirrelavant

Smash Rookie
I hate Tabuu's whip. I can never dodge that.

Although, I think the easiest is Tabuu's waves. Just sidestep three times each a quarter of a second apart.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
The one where meta ridly flies up and slams down on the falcon flyer (?), and tabuu's butterfly thing ugh -_-
the only time i can dodge it is with pokemon trainer and zelda/shieks down+b and i absolutley hate when im pk thundering him and he does it and i cant move cuz i have to control pk thunder :/

thisnameisirrelavant

Smash Rookie
The one where meta ridly flies up and slams down on the falcon flyer (?), and tabuu's butterfly thing ugh -_-
the only time i can dodge it is with pokemon trainer and zelda/shieks down+b and i absolutley hate when im pk thundering him and he does it and i cant move cuz i have to control pk thunder :/
Well the good thing is that there is a pattern to him, so that you know when to stop thundering.

I usually never use PK Thunder in the battle, unless I'm gonna hit myself into him.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Well tabuus 3 waves was the hardest for me when i first started doing boss battles but everything now is just so easy to dodge. I mean after you learn every bosses move and learn how to dodge them then boss battles is really easy lol.

But if i had to choose it would have to be tabuus 3 waves.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Oh yeah i forgot about master hands drill attack.

I change mine.. master hands drill is the hardest attack for me to dodge. Idk why but it is lol. Doesnt do much damage anyways but its still annoying when i get hit by it xD

HotWings

Smash Ace
Well bosses are easy with any character that can spam an attack lol. I normally do it with spamming pikachus thunder or spamming metaknights attack when you hold down A. It does a lot of damage really fast.

Top Bottom