• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harder rest combos?

Baconater

Smash Cadet
i saw a jiggs gameplay video today, her jump height and speed is ridiculous compared to melee. Not having played brawl i obviously can't have any opinions. But the slower speed should make rests easier, and wop is easier with longer jumps

Duha

Smash Journeyman
rest is nurfed rest will only be used at higher percentages and at higher percentages comboing is out of the question

DrunkenSphere

Smash Cadet
Hmm....
I have to say that i don't think rest will change that much as far as usablility goes, BUT i did see that rest now shoots debuffs like flowerhead and fire(flowerhead saps damage and fire decreases air speed for easy combos)

Jadin Xquire

Smash Cadet
I played the game. It's awesome. Let me confirm that rest is easier to do in Brawl. Let's compare melee to brawl. In any of the smash games every character has a certain amount of frames to recover when getting hit. In brawl the frames of a character, when the character is stun, is more than melee. I dont exactly what are the frame count for brawl I just played it for the first time Thurs. Morning from 1 am to 5am. In melee the stun frames are a lower count for most characters except for a few. Jiggs has not been nerfed . She actually has improved. In melee her frames for rest is about 5 to 6 sec. of hell. In brawl it is about 4 seconds of hell. Her up b, singing, in melee is about 3 seconds give or take. In brawl its about 1 and half to 2 seconds. Nairs to rest are easier to do. In brawl her u-air has no knock back. U-air to rest is beautiful in brawl. Well the rest and b-airs has been nerfed but not nerfed to much. In melee a rest can be made when the opponent is about min. %20 - 30 and higher. In brawl.......about.......50% - 80%. Everything else is about the same. Jiggs fair is the new wall of pain. Any opponent at 80% - 100% min. will die from a fair. it would take 150% to 200% min to kill with a bair.

Waka_Waka_do_do_yea

Smash Journeyman
I guess up throw and up tilts are out of the question. From my point of view wop off-stage will be less effective due to general floatyness. But I don't know :)

Jadin Xquire

Smash Cadet
I guess up throw and up tilts are out of the question. From my point of view wop off-stage will be less effective due to general floatyness. But I don't know :)

No necessarily. Edge guarding with jiggs is possible. Fair is the new wall of pain. This is a new techniques in the game. Any characters can move after an air dodge. Jiggs can Jump, Pound upward, dodge upward, Jump or pound upward. Actually Jumps dont have to be used. Dodge upwards and pound right after will get jiggs up in the air. If jiggs loses her jumps than she can dodge and pound to recover. Infinite Pounds + Infinite Air Dodges = Ultimate Recovery

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
actually rest combos are no longer for KOs, they are to get alot of damage very early in a match so you can finish them off with Fairs(which can carry the foe off of the stage if you combo with it).

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
I main jigs in Melee and I had trouble using a rest combo, so i just short hopped into one...

The fact that rest sends the enemy upwards is nice, it gives you more time to "wake up"

Top Bottom