• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hard to beat my brother's Charizard

Echo Voice

Smash Rookie
I recently got a copy of Smash 4 for my birthday, and have picked up Greninja as he looks like a fun technical character to learn. My brother has picked up Charizard as he likes Flamethrower and Flare Blitz a lot. This seems like quite an easy matchup to win, but I often lose at about a 50/50 rate. This is mainly due to his weight and my bad kill options, and also the fact he can kill me at 90% with Flare Blitz. Looking for a reliable way to beat him consistently, and reliable kill options overall.

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
Try to grab him a lot more and figure out some follow ups.

Mr_towel_Man

Smash Apprentice
I would opt to hit him up in the air and follow up. From the sounds of it, he may fall for some Side-B tricks (with Greninja). I would use downsmash towards the sides of the stage but dont overuse it. I think your up-b should push him away with the water when he uses flare blitz. This could get you some early kills. Sheild his fire breath and you can spotdodge flare blitz. Up smash is a good kill option but you should just keep him offstage and edge gaurd him more often than not. Im no expert but this is how I basically deal with charizard

Top Bottom