• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hao to fazfall thru platz fasta like shia/chawps

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm tired of this question being asked, so I'm making it's own thread!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMxgGtMLEfw

This video shows the stuff and also has a link to this thread which explains platform dropping techniques:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=106622

Isai Dropping is relevant to Falco's laser game, as his lasers cause the same landing animation as doing nothing, so landing on a platform after lasering, the fastest way to drop down is to either shield drop or isai drop (isai drop is easier).

The brief explanation of how to do it is:

As you land on a platform after lasering, hit forward gently enough that you will start walking, then immediately tap down to drop.

The walk will cancel your landing lag, and you are free to drop whenever you please from a walk.

So no moar asking about this or I'll infract you :mad:! Not really, but please no more asking.

Pi

Smash Hero
huh
i been using this for samus's missile cancels on platforms for some time now ;o
i never was sure what isai drop was lol
but super useful and easy to do

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
thank you! Isai dorpping is soo hard for some reason.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
I hope this thread wasnt because of me O_o" I was just wondering about L-cancelling haha...

if it was... my bad

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
thank you! Isai dorpping is soo hard for some reason.
it takes a little while to get used to it if you're not already holding a direction while landing, but if you're already fading a direction when you land, you pretty much automatically Isai drop.

I hope this thread wasnt because of me O_o" I was just wondering about L-cancelling haha...

if it was... my bad
na, lots of people were asking.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
shockingly enough, the video I posted is exactly what I was trying to explain and you seem to have missed it. :p nice try trying to one up me though ;)

Shai Drop isn't the same thing as Isai Drop

Shai Drop is when you are running on a platform, cancel the run by shielding, then fall through the platform in shield. It solves the problem of "I am running on a platform and would like to drop through without having to stop"

Isai Drop is when you are landing on a platform with a b move that autocancels (like lasers, missiles, etc) or with no move at all, cancel the landing animation by walking, then fall through the platform from the walk. It solves the problem of "I have just landed on a platform and don't want to wait through my landing animation to drop through"

Of course, since you can also run out of that landing animation, you can also shai drop lasers, but this is slower than shield dropping and isai dropping by at least 1 frame and is also more difficult. Essentially, Shai drop lasers are useless because Shai dropping is just running into a shield drop, so you're better off just doing a shield drop without wasting at least 1 frame on run startup.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Wes, change your first post into showing the differences for platform stuff/make it inform people more. What you said in your last post, I didn't know there was a difference. I just seriously started Falco like 3 months ago lol. I'm not going to know all the little tricks and neither is anyone else who started a short time ago... unless they are constantly on the boards...

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
isai drop lasering is insanely effective, dsw and chops present it really well.

But also, I find it easier to barely tilt forward immediately after the laser while still in the air, rather than starting to hold it after you land. then of course just hit down and immediately hit B without just doing a standing laser lol. just is easier and quicker imo.

Isai dropping itself isn't hard, but i find full hopping from the ground and doing a double laser while fast falling, land on a platform while holding forward for the isai, then down then laser hard. it's kinda complicated.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
isai drop lasering is insanely effective, dsw and chops present it really well.

But also, I find it easier to barely tilt forward immediately after the laser while still in the air, rather than starting to hold it after you land. then of course just hit down and immediately hit B without just doing a standing laser lol. just is easier and quicker imo.

Isai dropping itself isn't hard, but i find full hopping from the ground and doing a double laser while fast falling, land on a platform while holding forward for the isai, then down then laser hard. it's kinda complicated.
I'm glad you know what you're talking about. The last thing you said I've actually had to practice in order to get it down lol.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
So Isai Dropping is only used for B moves? Because I never really knew what Isai drop was. Like I can Dair onto a platform and drop through with another Dair. I thought that was Isai drop but I guess not since I don't do the walking part.

I was actually trying to practice my lasers after watching Shiz but I could never get the drop through platform to work after landing with a laser. I just thought I had the timing wrong but now I know I need to walk forward to cancel the lag. Thanks for explaining that. I'll practice when I get home.

Edit: Wait, so Isai Dropping is to cancel normal landing lag? but the reason it works for Falcos lasers and samus' missle is because they have normal landing lag right?

X1-12

Smash Champion
when i do this I often accidentally turn around before i laser (after isai dropping). Presumable because when i roll from side to down, i press too far and it registers as an opposite side and thus i do a reverse laser.

Is there an easy way to remedy this, other than pressing back the original direction before firing?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I don't get what you're saying... at all.

If it's because you "press too far" then stop that and just "press far enough" :p. I mean, there are no tricks to controlling laser direction, it just takes your last horizontal input and shoots that way...

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
when i do this I often accidentally turn around before i laser (after isai dropping). Presumable because when i roll from side to down, i press too far and it registers as an opposite side and thus i do a reverse laser.

Is there an easy way to remedy this, other than pressing back the original direction before firing?
Yes, the easy way is tilting forward right after you hit B for laser as your still landing. Then as your landing the pretilt starts the walk and then you immediately hit down to drop through.

Also mogwai, you should just change the title of the thread to something more newbie friendly. ISAI drop leaves alot of people clueless i'd say, lol.

do something like..HAO TO FAZFALL THRU PLATZ FASTA LIKE SHIA/CHAWPS

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
if you want to be good at isai dropping, you have to have a worn out controller. Its easier to tile and get better angles with a control stick/ bit around the stick thats been worn out.

the way i do isai dropping is aiming the control stick 45 degrees down the drop through. like just tap it at the angle and you drop. Same with shield dropping but you have to press shield after (I use L to shield drop so its kinda like wavedashing with the left hand.)

Michael_BluFalco

Smash Journeyman
when u land on the platform hit ur stick at a 45 degree angle if u get used to the timing & become faster u can start doing smaller platforms on FoD & start doin turnaround laser drop through dawg

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
So Isai Dropping is only used for B moves?
Incorrect. Isai dropping can be used any time when you land on a platform that allows you to fall through during normal landing lag.

IE, if you jump onto a platform and don't do anything you still need to do this to drop faster.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
No idea, i've never heard that reference, don't you just full-speed walk towards the ledge then turn around pivot drop at the right timing?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
No that is the Isai drop...

For the PC drop they talk about midairing at the perfect frame or two... its weird but mad fast
okay can you tell us what you mean when you say PC drop? then maybe we could decipher the other unorthodox lingo.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
No that is the Isai drop...

For the PC drop they talk about midairing at the perfect frame or two... its weird but mad fast
no..isai drop is tilting forward while landing an aerial/laser to cancel the landing then just push down and you fall through instanty. PC drop is just turning around while walking towards the ledge instantly to grab the ledge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMxgGtMLEfw

that video shows my idea of isai dropping (he tilts forward everytime he lands) but idk about the pc drop on that vid i dunno what he's doing.

X1-12

Smash Champion
  • PC Jump Drop - Essentially, if you midair below a platform at a point where you can land on it, you'll either go high enough to impact land on the platform (seen in the Normal Platform Drop), or go low enough that you'll just wind up on the platform without impacting (seen in the No-Impact Drop). If you happen to midair on the one frame that divides these two, you'll just pop up the platform immediately, and have no lag at all. Nifty, but mostly it's a flash mindgame - essentially an advanced version of the No-Impact Drop
not to be confused with the PC edgehog, PC jump drop is just jumping at exactly the right spacing below the platform so you land with no lag at all, not even 4 frames normal landing lag, and thus can drop through instantly

Top Bottom