• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hanzo Academy's Star Student: Asuka for Super Smash Bros Switch (Mai Is Down, What Does That Mean For Asuka?)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
How would you all feel if Homura is an alt for Asuka despite her playstyle being far too different than her?

Along with possible hotbox issues with her blades.

As cool as it would be to see Homura there, it just won't work. Her blades were always a multihit attack in the games and I see no reason to make them single slashes in Smash when the two always had drastically different gameplay.

Even then, her attire is far different these days thanks to being a renegade. I can see Ayame being a Katsuragi clone, but Homura as a Asuka alt just won't work.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Agreed. The Homura alt would be a bad idea and wouldn't look right. Even making her wield two swords for the alt to work would be major disservice to her character. What about Ultimate Asuka. assuming we don't get a Final Smash based on that?

By the way, Happy Birthday to Kafuru the Dolphin Princess. Lord-Zero Lord-Zero

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Homura is too different from Asuka to work as an alt. The closest thing to it would be Asuka with Homura's palette.

Happy Birthday, Kafuru.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yet another SK pachinko game was confirmed. Takaki is trying too hard to milk this IP.

By the way, should Asuka have alts based on other characters in the series?

I can see Miyabi, Yumi, and Homura as good candidates. Or maybe her fellow Hanzo classmates like Kat and Hibari.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yet another SK pachinko game was confirmed. Takaki is trying too hard to milk this IP.

By the way, should Asuka have alts based on other characters in the series?

I can see Miyabi, Yumi, and Homura as good candidates. Or maybe her fellow Hanzo classmates like Kat and Hibari.
The pachinko game is harmless at best. They got to earn that extra money for video game development. No way a Konami situation at all.

Aimed alts based on other characters would be great as long as they stand out. Katsuragi (white outfit with blond hair and blue ribbon), Homura (dark skin, gray outfit), Hibari (pink hair, pink outfit, blue eyes), Yumi (ice blue outfit, gray hair, blue eyes), Hikage (orange scaly shirt, navy blue skirt, yellow eyes, green hair), and Yomi (green blue outfit, ash blonde hair), Miyabi (white hair, black costume, yellow eyes) would be excellent choices for her.

I actually might be able to play Estival Versus this Sunday at my local. My friend should be bringing it.
Great news.

Please do tell us your thoughts on it. But chances are we won't read it by Monday because of graduation.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Not only did I play Estival Versus today but my friend is letting me borrow it. So might actually use the elgato I bought recently and make vids on that game.

My thoughts a bit later, I'm playing through it some more.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Not only did I play Estival Versus today but my friend is letting me borrow it. So might actually use the elgato I bought recently and make vids on that game.

My thoughts a bit later, I'm playing through it some more.
Nice. At least that gives you more time to play through the missions with enough characters. The roster is quite huge on its own.

I might be interested in watching your videos. Twitch or YouTube?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I will be posting them on Youtube. Laptop not strong enough to properly stream yet.
Ok. Feel free to PM me a link since I'm not sure if linking it here is a good idea.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Ok. Feel free to PM me a link since I'm not sure if linking it here is a good idea.
Sure thing, I'll PM a link when I finish uploading vid . I agree, it's not a good idea to post gameplay vids of the game here. Played it for quite a bit now and definitively nsfw unless I turn a few things off. What I can do is just mention I have a new gameplay vid up whenever I have it and you just go to my channel for it instead of linking directly to vid.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sure thing, I'll PM a link when I finish uploading vid . I agree, it's not a good idea to post gameplay vids of the game here. Played it for quite a bit now and definitively nsfw unless I turn a few things off. What I can do is just mention I have a new gameplay vid up whenever I have it and you just go to my channel for it instead of linking directly to vid.
Sounds like a good plan to me. Better safe than exposed.

I'll be ready when are finished with the Estival Versus videos. Makes me wish I still gotten my PS4 back from repairs.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Well I keep my word :3. Although it's a test for my capture card I have a vid of me playing Estival Versus. Because of how the game is however I will not be posting a link to the video on the thread. Instead head to my channel and you should find it there (Basically the only Estival Versus vid there for now).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx3iFhZkjSJIzE-wnvppt4w

If you still want a direct link, request it to me and I will PM it to you. Let me know if you guys like to see more Estival Versus vids from me.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Add me to the supporter list, please! I really enjoyed the Senran Kagura games on the 3DS, plus Shinovi Vs. and Bon Appetit (I still have to buy Estival vs...shame on me), but I always felt that the series was a little too excessive for Nintendo...until they included that game with HD rumble in their japanese Direct...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
To nobody's surprise at all, the Ikki Tousen girls as back as DLC in Peach Beach Splash. Although, Shimei Ryomou is an all new addition of the four. Given the legal loopholes they had to go through for localizing the Estival Versus DLC, they will probably have to name the girls after the warlord's they are based on the second time.

Add me to the supporter list, please! I really enjoyed the Senran Kagura games on the 3DS, plus Shinovi Vs. and Bon Appetit (I still have to buy Estival vs...shame on me), but I always felt that the series was a little too excessive for Nintendo...until they included that game with HD rumble in their japanese Direct...
Added. My apologies for not seeing this earlier.

Welcome aboard.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To nobody's surprise at all, the Ikki Tousen girls as back as DLC in Peach Beach Splash. Although, Shimei Ryomou is an all new addition of the four. Given the legal loopholes they had to go through for localizing the Estival Versus DLC, they will probably have to name the girls after the warlord's they are based on the second time.

She's likely going to be called Lu Meng to keep up with the "let's name them after their inspirations to avoid paying the anime copyright holder)" shtick.

I knew they were coming back. They were too popular if addditioms in Estival Versus. In fact, most of the third party guests were too predictable.

The only surprise being Super Sonica because we all know that she can't fight in a non-PBS Senran Kagura title. Just a normal human being, which the crossovers use creative liberties to make her a fighter.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

She's likely going to be called Lu Meng to keep up with the "let's name them after their inspirations to avoid paying the anime copyright holder)" shtick.

I knew they were coming back. They were too popular if addditioms in Estival Versus. In fact, most of the third party guests were too predictable.

The only surprise being Super Sonica because we all know that she can't fight in a non-PBS Senran Kagura title. Just a normal human being, which the crossovers use creative liberties to make her a fighter.
Pretty much. There's no way they would put Sonico is a real Senran Kagura game unless they explain that she's a shinobi from another academy (which would contract her own "canon"). Still having her by any means in Peach Beach Splash is likely going to a one time thing.

Lu Meng it is. Better legally safe than sorry.

Now let's discuss stages. What would be the most appropriate stage to go with Asuka? Should it be Hanzo Academy itself? Or Hebijo Academy?

Whether or not the building was already sacrificed to become Orochi

Or they would go for the Kagura Festival beach despite Estival being more of PlayStation title. But Midgar and Shadow Moses Island exists.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Pretty much. There's no way they would put Sonico is a real Senran Kagura game unless they explain that she's a shinobi from another academy (which would contract her own "canon"). Still having her by any means in Peach Beach Splash is likely going to a one time thing.

Lu Meng it is. Better legally safe than sorry.

Now let's discuss stages. What would be the most appropriate stage to go with Asuka? Should it be Hanzo Academy itself? Or Hebijo Academy?

Whether or not the building was already sacrificed to become Orochi

Or they would go for the Kagura Festival beach despite Estival being more of PlayStation title. But Midgar and Shadow Moses Island exists.
The two best options for stages are Hebijo Academy and the Endless Summer Beach. Both would be a perfect way of represenauknh the main series and spinoffs respectively.

What are your thoughts on Peach Beach Splash's special edition box art for North America? Fans are decrying it for being censorship because the wet T-shirts for the captains seem out of place compared to the bikinis of the original. XSeed's staff should have something to say about that.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The two best options for stages are Hebijo Academy and the Endless Summer Beach. Both would be a perfect way of represenauknh the main series and spinoffs respectively.

What are your thoughts on Peach Beach Splash's special edition box art for North America? Fans are decrying it for being censorship because the wet T-shirts for the captains seem out of place compared to the bikinis of the original. XSeed's staff should have something to say about that.
Clearly those blokes are bloody overreacting. Don't the West always get their own special illustrations and deals compared to Japan. They need to chill out.

Also, a wet shirt and short shorts is no different from a bikini. Even you can tell at first glance that it's a anime video game about girls soaking each other in the summer. The only real censorship that happens to Senran Kagura are the ages because it's a good loophole for a series like this.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I actually like the American PBS boxart much better, the t-shirts & smiles are cute and you see some bonding between Yumi and Homura.
Plus the boxart just having Asuka vs Yumi over a white background is getting old. That's the 4th game to do it if you kinda count Bon Appetite.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I actually like the American PBS boxart much better, the t-shirts & smiles are cute and you see some bonding between Yumi and Homura.
Plus the boxart just having Asuka vs Yumi over a white background is getting old. That's the 4th game to do it if you kinda count Bon Appetite.
Which is pissing off the Homura x Asuka fanboys. :troll:

True, at least this one is completely unique compared to the same two shinobi over a random colored background can get rather tiresome. It's fresh and new, plus the shorts are cute.

lol at those that think it's censorship.

Last edited:

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
So I just beat Estival Versus a day or two ago. The game is lots of fun, I'm still playing even after I beaten it (Will have to get a copy soon, borrowing it from a friend). The only major complaint I have with the game would be the camera, thing can screw you over hard if you arent careful or get stuck on a wall. Surprised to see a good beat em up under all this fanservice, a rarity indeed.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So I just beat Estival Versus a day or two ago. The game is lots of fun, I'm still playing even after I beaten it (Will have to get a copy soon, borrowing it from a friend). The only major complaint I have with the game would be the camera, thing can screw you over hard if you arent careful or get stuck on a wall. Surprised to see a good beat em up under all this fanservice, a rarity indeed.
That's great. And I agree that the camera is one big flaw that honestly should have been fixed since Shinobi Versus (while everything was in a fixed scrolling for the the 3DS games).

Most of the fun comes from the gameplay and character interactions for Senran Kagura, which I can see you enjoyed. Glad you had fun with it during your borrowing. Who would be your favorite characters?

Last edited:

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
That's great. And I agree that the camera is one big flaw that honestly should have been fixed since Shinobi Versus (while everything was in a fixed scrolling for the the 3DS games).

Most of the fun comes from the gameplay and character interactions for Senran Kagura, which I can see you enjoyed. Glad you had fun with it during your borrowing. Who would be your favorite characters?
Hmm. If I were to pick I'd say my favorites would be Yumi, Asuka, Renka, Ryobi, Hikage and Homura.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Xseed Games will be at E3 this year will a questionnaire and more news on Peach Beach Splash's localization this summer. This will be great.

I also have some minor hope we'll get some closure on Shinobi Refle, but we'll probably get news from Xseed next year after it's out in Japan first.

Hmm. If I were to pick I'd say my favorites would be Yumi, Asuka, Renka, Ryobi, Hikage and Homura.
Good choices. Some of them also happen to my favorites, especially Ryobi and Hikage.

Makes me miss my PS4 alot. If I can get it back.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know, I'm still a little salty that Yomi was nowhere on Operation Rainfall's Top Ten Senrans List. Especially when they are implying that Hibari and Mirai are better characters than her. Oh well, an opinion is an opinion.

I'm curious as to what Seed plans on saying about PBS at E3. There's also going to be a store there for fans to buy their games. Good luck to those who are crazy enough to pay for them in the event.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So many things happened. Not only the whole franchise sold up to 1.6 million copies, but Peach Beach Splash was a success. On top of that, we finally get some gameplay on Shinobi Refle and the confirmation of another spinoff (Peach Pinball) for the Switch, but this one is actually a retail game. Congrats.

http://www.dualshockers.com/senran-...-sales/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Unfortunately, there's a bit of controversy lately. While Takaki is clearly testing the waters with the Switch, fas are accusing him of being biased to Sony platforms because Burst, a former Nintendo exclusive, is getting remade to the PS4 in addition the 7th mainline game coming only to the PlayStation 4. The Switch is selling well, but it's not big enough just yet. That's why Takaki is taking advantage of the platform with the bigger installbase fist. Just maybe, we can get a Nintendo exclusive action title in the near future.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So many things happened. Not only the whole franchise sold up to 1.6 million copies, but Peach Beach Splash was a success. On top of that, we finally get some gameplay on Shinobi Refle and the confirmation of another spinoff (Peach Pinball) for the Switch, but this one is actually a retail game. Congrats.

http://www.dualshockers.com/senran-...-sales/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Unfortunately, there's a bit of controversy lately. While Takaki is clearly testing the waters with the Switch, fas are accusing him of being biased to Sony platforms because Burst, a former Nintendo exclusive, is getting remade to the PS4 in addition the 7th mainline game coming only to the PlayStation 4. The Switch is selling well, but it's not big enough just yet. That's why Takaki is taking advantage of the platform with the bigger installbase fist. Just maybe, we can get a Nintendo exclusive action title in the near future.
The Switch is barely one years old and it's getting enough good support. They better be patent and hope the spinoffs actually sell well. Then Takaki would know that it's worth investing in a actual action title.

Sure it sucks that Burst is no longer a Nintendo exclusive, but they already have the assets and technology for a remake from the PS4 titles. Doing so on the Switch would have taken years. At least they have something to work with for Shinobi Refle's new Asuka model and that game will be supported with new girls in the future (Hopefully Yomi)

Yeah, there is no such thing as Sony bias. The PlayStation 4 already had a five year headstart and a far bigger install base compared to the Switch. Senran Kagura fans will have to give it time.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I'm sorry, but I don't really understand why they don't bring the Burst remake and 7 to the Switch alongside the PS4. Marvelous has already published Fate/Extella on the platform, so they know how to make games on the console even if it isn't even a year old yet. Especially considering that when 7 is out the Switch will be almost 2 years old.

I mean, Nintendo fans (those who first supported the series) haven't received a new game since SK2 back in 2014, not even a spin off like Bon Appetit or PBS. Shinobi Reflet is a small game in comparison, and of the Pinball one we haven't seen anything at all, while we also don't have a relase date.

I don't think this is bias towards Sony, but surely they could (and should) have done a lot better with the Switch...even just a port of Shinovi/Estival Versus would have been enough for keeping us waiting on a new entry.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm sorry, but I don't really understand why they don't bring the Burst remake and 7 to the Switch alongside the PS4. Marvelous has already published Fate/Extella on the platform, so they know how to make games on the console even if it isn't even a year old yet. Especially considering that when 7 is out the Switch will be almost 2 years old.

I mean, Nintendo fans (those who first supported the series) haven't received a new game since SK2 back in 2014, not even a spin off like Bon Appetit or PBS. Shinobi Reflet is a small game in comparison, and of the Pinball one we haven't seen anything at all, while we also don't have a relase date.

I don't think this is bias towards Sony, but surely they could (and should) have done a lot better with the Switch...even just a port of Shinovi/Estival Versus would have been enough for keeping us waiting on a new entry.
I can understand the concern. Takaki wanted to be a big supporter for the Switch and he's taking baby steps with the two spinoffs on the new console. That is playing safe, but a bit too safe when I doubt many would be interested in these games or be THAT loyal to buy them. Asuka is used as selling point for Refle, though she's far from the Top 5 most popular Senran (though the plans to include more girls could satisfy those fans). I still need more gameplay for the pinball to judge if it's worth retail. It better be cheap as Puyp Puyo Tetris too.

A few ports wouldn't hurt if they really wanted to show the support, just slightly downgrade the models a little (since Estival is mostly an upscaled Vita game on a console). And you do have a point, they can port Fate/Excella which was a game that was made with most modern consoles in mind. Surely they are just banking on whatever relevancy the PS4 has first before going all out on the Switch.

I would be persoanlly fine with a Switch port of ReBurst, assuming it's a timed exclusive, or even just give us Estival Versus again with new features.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I can understand the concern. Takaki wanted to be a big supporter for the Switch and he's taking baby steps with the two spinoffs on the new console. That is playing safe, but a bit too safe when I doubt many would be interested in these games or be THAT loyal to buy them. Asuka is used as selling point for Refle, though she's far from the Top 5 most popular Senran (though the plans to include more girls could satisfy those fans). I still need more gameplay for the pinball to judge if it's worth retail. It better be cheap as Puyp Puyo Tetris too.

A few ports wouldn't hurt if they really wanted to show the support, just slightly downgrade the models a little (since Estival is mostly an upscaled Vita game on a console). And you do have a point, they can port Fate/Excella which was a game that was made with most modern consoles in mind. Surely they are just banking on whatever relevancy the PS4 has first before going all out on the Switch.

I would be persoanlly fine with a Switch port of ReBurst, assuming it's a timed exclusive, or even just give us Estival Versus again with new features.
Absolutely. Especially the ReBusrt would have been a great game to start on the platform. Shinobi Reflet and the Pinball might be good or interesting, but they might non even be localized for what we know.

Don't get me wrong, I own a PS4 and a Vita, but I always preferred playing SK on a portable screen, since I can barely use the TV for this king of game. With the Switch I wouldn't have this problem anymore.

I'm also worried that these spin-off, considering how far are from the core series, on a platform on which there hasn't been yet a core entry, might sell pourly and make Marvelous say "Nope, no more SK on the Switch", just like EVERYONE did with the Wii U back in the day.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Absolutely. Especially the ReBusrt would have been a great game to start on the platform. Shinobi Reflet and the Pinball might be good or interesting, but they might non even be localized for what we know.

Don't get me wrong, I own a PS4 and a Vita, but I always preferred playing SK on a portable screen, since I can barely use the TV for this king of game. With the Switch I wouldn't have this problem anymore.

I'm also worried that these spin-off, considering how far are from the core series, on a platform on which there hasn't been yet a core entry, might sell pourly and make Marvelous say "Nope, no more SK on the Switch", just like EVERYONE did with the Wii U back in the day.
Yeah. It would suck if they were to play that game.

"Sorry. Shinobi Refle and Peach Pinball flopped. Therefore Senran will stay away from the Switch for a while."

I hope Takaki doesn't go this route like many third parties did in the past.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I want to see a kart racer with the Senran girls.

Senran Kartgura.
Oh ****, why didn't I think of that?

I actually wouldn't mind that as the next biggest spinoff.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I imagine they'd be in chibi forms for that one.
That makes sense.

It would help make the game stand out from other cart racers easily. Few are chibi and I can see various Ninpo scrolls and summonings working as items. They can make a solid roster with all four major academies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I hope you all are having fun playing Peach Beach Splash and looking forward to the Switch spinoffs coming later this year. Nothing new really came up except for Takaki wanting to release the Senran Kagura series on the Xbox One, which may or may not be an attempt to appeal to Western games since we all know how badly anything Microsoft sells in Japan. Also, he's liked the Switch but feels that it is too big and clunky to be a real handheld.

But now for the real reason that this topic should be revived, Takaki wants to make a female oriented Senran Kagura game in the future. Why? Because he's been surprised about the amount of female gamers that came to play Peach beach Splash at E3 and I've heard the female development team members had been asking him to make a game like that since the April Fool's joke of a gender-swapped Hanzo Academy.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/09/...d-like-to-make-a-title-for-a-female-audience/

So his main concern is that he feels he doesn't understand a female audience. Which is strange since he did look at men's magazines to help come up with interesting poses for Murasame, the only male playable character in the series and Ikaruga's inferior foster brother. He can look up some female oriented anime for ideas or even talk with his wife. It's not all to difficult and I feel a brother series with male characters has some potential in it. Hell, Murasame was my Deep Crimson main. So I would be all for him to make this game if he's ready for it.

Also, fun fact. The main marketing staff for the entire Senran series is female. I bet this shocked most of you because I never knew that as a fan.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I can tell you right now I am not even slightly interested in a genderswapped Senran Kagura.

Maybe it can take place in the same universe, but it wouldn't be SK. Creating a game to pander to women and have it be good at the same time requires a vision and direction that Takaki obviously doesn't possess. It would require an entirely different director.

I have to wonder what he thinks a female-pandering SK game would entail. As someone working on an all-female fighter of my own I know I certainly wouldn't even think to make a genderswapped version in a million years. The reason I started to look into game development was to make games for me. If Takaki doesn't feel what women feel towards his games then I doubt very much he'd be able to make a game that sells well to that demographic. How can he make something that women will like if he's not a woman and doesn't know what they like?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Honestly, he should just bring back Murasame and call it a day. Even if he's DLC.

But yeah, it would be a big risky move if he attempts making a game for his existing female audience and it winds up failing. Why not just let someone else develop such game that works him him. Or even collaborate with a developer that knows more about the demographic of women than him. He should stick with what works the most than taking a big risk.

As for the Xbox One, I see no harm in it. It would flop in the East, but sell decently in the West. That means more money and should add more sales as long as it's not an exclusive (making an exclusive Xbone game wouldn't bode well due to so little Japanese oriented games in that market).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
PlayStation VR is now confirmed for those that care. On top of the main couple from Valkyrie Drive (the game, not the anime) confirmed as DLC with the bikinis as bonus clothing. It was bound to happen since it was another one of Takaki's side projects and anyone who thought otherwise must be the type that thinks the game was a failure.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/10/0...dds-ps-vr-support-rinka-ranka-valkyrie-drive/

So e good news to make up for how ****ty my day was last night.

Top Bottom