• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hanzo Academy's Star Student: Asuka for Super Smash Bros Switch (Mai Is Down, What Does That Mean For Asuka?)

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Welp, Pyra and Mythra has actual jiggle physics so I don't think that's a problem anymore.
The concerning part is that Rex got thrown away despite being the protagonist. Do you think it might happen to Asuka too?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Welp, Pyra and Mythra has actual jiggle physics so I don't think that's a problem anymore.
The concerning part is that Rex got thrown away despite being the protagonist. Do you think it might happen to Asuka too?
I'm gonna be honest; I'm down for anybody from SenKag to show up, simply because there's just so many options to choose from.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Pyra and Mythra are still deuteragonists (and among the most important entities of XB2 lore), so I don't think it broke the "protagonists first" rule. Besides, Mythra's been around for Torna's events, too.

Asuka would only be skipped over if she got the DLC Mii costume treatment, and even then it would just disqualify the rest of the series at the same time. To date, Sakurai has not skipped over a single third-party protagonist, even when he was given the opportunity to do so. :ulthero::ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4:

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Okay, so first off, I don't think I've noticed that on Pyra and Mythra. I've seen it brought up quite a bit around the web, but I just haven't noticed that. Can you tell me where in the trailer?

Second off, I don't exactly think Asuka would be shafted even though there are more popular choices like Yumi. Like KirbyWorshipper said, Sakurai hasn't passed on any protagonist from a third party thus far, and I think he would understand that Asuka was and is the main protagonist of the series.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Okay, so first off, I don't think I've noticed that on Pyra and Mythra. I've seen it brought up quite a bit around the web, but I just haven't noticed that. Can you tell me where in the trailer?

Second off, I don't exactly think Asuka would be shafted even though there are more popular choices like Yumi. Like KirbyWorshipper said, Sakurai hasn't passed on any protagonist from a third party thus far, and I think he would understand that Asuka was and is the main protagonist of the series.
20210220_171111.gif

This. At least I think it's a jiggle.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I've lurked here for a while, and just wanted to finally throw down my support for Asuka. I've really enjoyed every entry I've played so far and would really love to see some content get into smash.

WumboCumbo

Smash Rookie
Another Marvelous owned game is now being repped in Smash via spirits: Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin

And we are down to the last fighter and a certain series turns 10 in a couple of months(Though anniversaries aren't exactly much evidence.)

We started Smash Ultimate DLC with an M rated character, perhaps it can also end on one?

Top Bottom