• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hanzo Academy's Star Student: Asuka for Super Smash Bros Switch (Mai Is Down, What Does That Mean For Asuka?)

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Oh damn, Jon played an SK game, sad I missed that

Hopefully he gets around to the actual games at some point and not just peach ball, I think he'd get a kick out of Burst Re:Newal
Honestly, I'm amazed he's played it now, considering the whole Rosajon thing that's been going on throughout the year. Considering it's possibly the most envelope-pushing game he's ever played, I'd consider it a fitting thing to do near the end of the year. Here's hoping he does give the core entries a shot someday.
Anyway I have a legit question for y'all

Why does Homura have the best music
Honestly, it's that durn electric organ that gets me the most with her music. Just shows how violent she can really be when she puts her mind to it.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Honestly, I'm amazed he's played it now, considering the whole Rosajon thing that's been going on throughout the year. Considering it's possibly the most envelope-pushing game he's ever played, I'd consider it a fitting thing to do near the end of the year. Here's hoping he does give the core entries a shot someday.
You say that, but there's also the infamous DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball stream from like 2013

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Just FYI, SIA is putting together an Estival Versus PS4 tournament for New Years'. If you'd like to enter, give this tweet a look!

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
On that note, happy new year fellow degenerates, here's to another year of waiting for SK 7even news

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Alright nobody's ****in done it so I guess I'll do it

IT'S THE CRAB'S BIRTHDAY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRAB

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Late, but happy birthday to both Yumi and Homura. Sorry if I been gone lately, the bushfires had gotten many people in my family involved and we were thinking of ways to get everyone together.

On a related note, what would you all expect this year? Not expecting 7EVEN since Takaki is working on an original IP for now. So if we are lucky, maybe Asuka could join as a post pass fighter.

What would you all think?

D

Deleted member

On a related note, what would you all expect this year? Not expecting 7EVEN since Takaki is working on an original IP for now. So if we are lucky, maybe Asuka could join as a post pass fighter.

Pretty blurry but not impossible.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Late, but happy birthday to both Yumi and Homura. Sorry if I been gone lately, the bushfires had gotten many people in my family involved and we were thinking of ways to get everyone together.

Dude, hope you're alright! Fire's a big deal, so you should stay low and seek out some form of shelter, make sure you and your folks are safe.

As for my expectations, I'm not entirely sure. I guess, considering Nintendo's skirting the line of allowing straight up ecchi on the Switch, Marvelous might bring the mainline games over. It's wishful thinking, but it'd be a great thing for killing time, even if I'd have to download the Parental Controls app due to my niece being extremely hooked on Stardew Valley.

bestgirl.png

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I think the possibility of Asuka actually being in is a lot more likely than people give credit for. Since Travis isn't a Marvelous IP, the title of Marvelous rep goes to either her or a Story of Seasons Farmer. While Senran Kagura is a lot newer than the latter, it wasn't exactly Marvelous' first foray into that genre either, since Tamsoft did make an Ikki Tousen game of that genre.
Dude, hope you're alright! Fire's a big deal, so you should stay low and seek out some form of shelter, make sure you and your folks are safe.

As for my expectations, I'm not entirely sure. I guess, considering Nintendo's skirting the line of allowing straight up ecchi on the Switch, Marvelous might bring the mainline games over. It's wishful thinking, but it'd be a great thing for killing time, even if I'd have to download the Parental Controls app due to my niece being extremely hooked on Stardew Valley.
They haven't really been skirting the line though? They have plenty of actual ecchi games that are just uncensored, plus SK as a series started on the 3DS as well. Nintendo doesn't impose censorship onto other companies really anymore, they only regulate their own IP.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
They haven't really been skirting the line though? They have plenty of actual ecchi games that are just uncensored, plus SK as a series started on the 3DS as well. Nintendo doesn't impose censorship onto other companies really anymore, they only regulate their own IP.
I guess I was being a bit cowardly. I wanted to say the H word, but I think it would have broken Smashboards' ToS. That is true, though, Nintendo is being lean on their own IPs (and even then, they're peppering in a small bit of lewdness into their own games you'd NEVER expect them to in the Wii U days and before, especially in the west).

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I will admit I can't think of a lot of H-games on the switch if there even are any. That doesn't really weigh on mainline Senran Kagura getting on switch or not, since we have Reflexions and Peach Ball.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Oh goodness! Hopefully you and your family are doing okay. Stay safe!!!

I think the possibility of Asuka actually being in is a lot more likely than people give credit for. Since Travis isn't a Marvelous IP, the title of Marvelous rep goes to either her or a Story of Seasons Farmer. While Senran Kagura is a lot newer than the latter, it wasn't exactly Marvelous' first foray into that genre either, since Tamsoft did make an Ikki Tousen game of that genre.
Agreed. Additionally, if we take Sabi's tweet about how Verge was wrong as literally as possible, then Marvelous is one of the bigger third parties out of those that were deconfirmed then de-deconfirmed by Verge... People just tend to overlook them as an option, as Suda51 talking about Travis is seen as a sign that the entire company isn't happening.

D

Deleted member

Guys! Asuka will be able to join the Second Fighter Pass! Byleth is the 5th fighter on the First Pass, and 6 more are coming! Let's hope Asuka is there!

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Yeah, I'm really hoping I get at least one character I'd like in this pass

amageish

Smash Master
Honestly, as far as future third parties go, Marvelous getting in seems like one of the more likely ones to me... Marvelous having spirits without a character is and remains weird to me.... Asuka would be pretty hype.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Guys! Asuka will be able to join the Second Fighter Pass! Byleth is the 5th fighter on the First Pass, and 6 more are coming! Let's hope Asuka is there!
Yeah, I'm really hoping I get at least one character I'd like in this pass
Honestly, as far as future third parties go, Marvelous getting in seems like one of the more likely ones to me... Marvelous having spirits without a character is and remains weird to me.... Asuka would be pretty hype.
Hold fast, mates, we’ll get our chance in due time.
God, I hope so, I need to take my mind off of today’s drama somehow.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yeah, Asuka is still in the running. The Daemon x Machina spirits are a stepping stone for now.

All we do is sit and wait.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I decided to make a moveset for her. I endured a lot of raciness, but I got the job done.

Unique Mechanic #1: Aerial Rave: When Asuka launches an opponent with some certain attacks, the player can press the Jump button to perform an Aerial Rave, which allows Asuka to bound upwards towards the launched opponent and extend a combo. Asuka will travel only a set distance of 3 Bowsers before dropping to the ground, as Aerial Rave doesn’t always reach the opponent in question.

Unique Mechanic #2: Hanzo Shinobi: Asuka can walk and move along walls if she jumps into them, performing tilt attacks like normal. This is good vertical walls, but it only lasts for so long before Asuka will have to be airborne again.

Jab: Asuka performs a roundhouse kick before swiping with one of her swords and performing an x-slash in front of her. For her rapid jab, she can perform a flurry of sword strikes with both her swords before the x-slash. This can be canceled into either F-tilt or U-tilt.

F-tilt: Asuka performs a double-lunging stab in front of her.

U-tilt: Asuka jumps upwards with a rising backhanded slash. This can jump over many low-hitting attacks and is good for punishing.

D-tilt: Asuka sweep-kicks in front of herself. This doesn’t have much range but has immense potential as a combo starter.

Dash Attack: Asuka slides forwards before performing a low-angled x-slash in front of her. This can lead to an Aerial Rave.

Grab: Asuka grabs the opponent from behind, similarly to Snake. She knees the opponent in the back for her pummel.

F-throw: Asuka whirls on top of the opponent’s head before tossing them in front of herself.

D-throw: Asuka jumps backward and throws a barrage of 5 shurikens in front of her, causing the opponent to be launched forwards.

B-throw: Asuka performs a Frankensteiner behind her that isn’t that good in terms of knockback but can extend her combo potential regardless.

U-throw: Asuka stabs the ground beneath her and creates a stone spike that launches the opponent upwards. This can lead to an Aerial Rave.

N-air: Asuka slashes twice before performing an x-slash that launches the opponent. Very similar to Bayonetta’s F-tilt. This can lead to an Aerial Rave.

F-air: Asuka dashes forwards with a barrage of slashes that hits 4 times. Good for recovery, as it propels her forwards.

D-air: Asuka plummets downwards with a spinning slash, hitting multiple times as she hurtles downwards and creating an impact crater that can damage surrounding opponents. This can be used to end an Aerial Rave combo but risks SD.

B-air: Asuka performs a spinning roundhouse kick behind her, hitting anyone behind her.

U-air: Asuka stretches her swords out and spins like a top, damaging all opponents around her. This is positioned higher up than normal.

Side Smash: Asuka reels back for a moment before performing three rising diagonal slashes in front of herself. This can lead to an Aerial Rave.

Up Smash: Asuka crouches downwards before jumping with a rising x-slash that hits opponents above her. This hits in front of her, similarly to Palutena’s Up Smash.

Down Smash: Asuka poises her swords downwards and holds them above herself before jumping upwards and stabbing them in the ground, creating stone spikes around her that can deal immense damage. This can lead to an Aerial Rave.

Neutral B: Dual Slash: Asuka poises for a moment, then launches forward with a mighty x-slash that damages anyone in her path. This is good in terms of knockback, but a little too good to perform a successful Aerial Rave at later percentages.

Side B: Hanzo-Style Full Bloom: Asuka releases a large barrage of sword strike before performing a final downward stab that can either meteor smash before it hit the earth, or create large stone spikes that knock opponent upwards. This can lead to an Aerial Rave.

Up B: Toad Summon: Asuka summons a giant toad beneath her, which she rides as it leaps upwards. The toad itself has an A.I. that allows it to rampage across the battlefield, damaging everyone in range, including Asuka herself. The toad's various attacks include jumping on top of opponents for meteor smashing, lashing its tongue out in front of itself, or even shooting its tongue out to grab opponents and devour them. The toad, however, can be defeated, similarly to Luma.

Down B: Hanzo-Style Storm Kick: Asuka crouches downwards before jumping upwards and performing a whirlwind kick that hits multiple times. She can suck in opponents as she hits 8 times before falling to the ground in a helpless state. She can use this in midair, minus the jump.

Final Smash: Hanzo-Style Gale of Petals: Asuka breaks her limits and a pillar of energy erupts around her, catching any opponent inside while transforming into Ultimate Asuka. Any opponents caught will be subject to a no-holds-barred beatdown composing of many of Asuka’s signature ninpo before performing a final attack that ends the Final Smash.

In short, Asuka is a high-mobility, combo-oriented character with an exceptional ability to rack up damage per second. Her Aerial Raves make for good extension of her combos as well as mobility, and her movement is befitting of her status as a shinobi. However, Asuka is very frail, having very little defensive options and her Up Special puts her at risk of taking damage.

And yes, the Final Smash is mainly inspired by Terry's Triple Wolf. But overall, I feel it fits the spirit of Senran Kagura pretty well.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I will admit I can't think of a lot of H-games on the switch if there even are any. That doesn't really weigh on mainline Senran Kagura getting on switch or not, since we have Reflexions and Peach Ball.
Nekopara and Gal <3 Gun are on the eShop, and the Switch has the director's cut version of DoAX3 in Japan, so there is a bunch of Ecchi stuff. Actual legit eroge will never appear on the system because AO rated titles are heavily frowned upon by console owners.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Nekopara and Gal <3 Gun are on the eShop, and the Switch has the director's cut version of DoAX3 in Japan, so there is a bunch of Ecchi stuff. Actual legit eroge will never appear on the system because AO rated titles are heavily frowned upon by console owners.
That may be true, but you have to admit, what we’ve got on there at the moment is definitely pushing the envelop, if only a wee bit.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So I decided to make a moveset for her. I endured a lot of raciness, but I got the job done.

Unique Mechanic #1: Aerial Rave: When Asuka launches an opponent with some certain attacks, the player can press the Jump button to perform an Aerial Rave, which allows Asuka to bound upwards towards the launched opponent and extend a combo. Asuka will travel only a set distance of 3 Bowsers before dropping to the ground, as Aerial Rave doesn’t always reach the opponent in question.

Unique Mechanic #2: Hanzo Shinobi: Asuka can walk and move along walls if she jumps into them, performing tilt attacks like normal. This is good vertical walls, but it only lasts for so long before Asuka will have to be airborne again.

Jab: Asuka performs a roundhouse kick before swiping with one of her swords and performing an x-slash in front of her. For her rapid jab, she can perform a flurry of sword strikes with both her swords before the x-slash. This can be canceled into either F-tilt or U-tilt.

F-tilt: Asuka performs a double-lunging stab in front of her.

U-tilt: Asuka jumps upwards with a rising backhanded slash. This can jump over many low-hitting attacks and is good for punishing.

D-tilt: Asuka sweep-kicks in front of herself. This doesn’t have much range but has immense potential as a combo starter.

Dash Attack: Asuka slides forwards before performing a low-angled x-slash in front of her. This can lead to an Aerial Rave.

Grab: Asuka grabs the opponent from behind, similarly to Snake. She knees the opponent in the back for her pummel.

F-throw: Asuka whirls on top of the opponent’s head before tossing them in front of herself.

D-throw: Asuka jumps backward and throws a barrage of 5 shurikens in front of her, causing the opponent to be launched forwards.

B-throw: Asuka performs a Frankensteiner behind her that isn’t that good in terms of knockback but can extend her combo potential regardless.

U-throw: Asuka stabs the ground beneath her and creates a stone spike that launches the opponent upwards. This can lead to an Aerial Rave.

N-air: Asuka slashes twice before performing an x-slash that launches the opponent. Very similar to Bayonetta’s F-tilt. This can lead to an Aerial Rave.

F-air: Asuka dashes forwards with a barrage of slashes that hits 4 times. Good for recovery, as it propels her forwards.

D-air: Asuka plummets downwards with a spinning slash, hitting multiple times as she hurtles downwards and creating an impact crater that can damage surrounding opponents. This can be used to end an Aerial Rave combo but risks SD.

B-air: Asuka performs a spinning roundhouse kick behind her, hitting anyone behind her.

U-air: Asuka stretches her swords out and spins like a top, damaging all opponents around her. This is positioned higher up than normal.

Side Smash: Asuka reels back for a moment before performing three rising diagonal slashes in front of herself. This can lead to an Aerial Rave.

Up Smash: Asuka crouches downwards before jumping with a rising x-slash that hits opponents above her. This hits in front of her, similarly to Palutena’s Up Smash.

Down Smash: Asuka poises her swords downwards and holds them above herself before jumping upwards and stabbing them in the ground, creating stone spikes around her that can deal immense damage. This can lead to an Aerial Rave.

Neutral B: Dual Slash: Asuka poises for a moment, then launches forward with a mighty x-slash that damages anyone in her path. This is good in terms of knockback, but a little too good to perform a successful Aerial Rave at later percentages.

Side B: Hanzo-Style Full Bloom: Asuka releases a large barrage of sword strike before performing a final downward stab that can either meteor smash before it hit the earth, or create large stone spikes that knock opponent upwards. This can lead to an Aerial Rave.

Up B: Toad Summon: Asuka summons a giant toad beneath her, which she rides as it leaps upwards. The toad itself has an A.I. that allows it to rampage across the battlefield, damaging everyone in range, including Asuka herself. The toad's various attacks include jumping on top of opponents for meteor smashing, lashing its tongue out in front of itself, or even shooting its tongue out to grab opponents and devour them. The toad, however, can be defeated, similarly to Luma.

Down B: Hanzo-Style Storm Kick: Asuka crouches downwards before jumping upwards and performing a whirlwind kick that hits multiple times. She can suck in opponents as she hits 8 times before falling to the ground in a helpless state. She can use this in midair, minus the jump.

Final Smash: Hanzo-Style Gale of Petals: Asuka breaks her limits and a pillar of energy erupts around her, catching any opponent inside while transforming into Ultimate Asuka. Any opponents caught will be subject to a no-holds-barred beatdown composing of many of Asuka’s signature ninpo before performing a final attack that ends the Final Smash.

In short, Asuka is a high-mobility, combo-oriented character with an exceptional ability to rack up damage per second. Her Aerial Raves make for good extension of her combos as well as mobility, and her movement is befitting of her status as a shinobi. However, Asuka is very frail, having very little defensive options and her Up Special puts her at risk of taking damage.

And yes, the Final Smash is mainly inspired by Terry's Triple Wolf. But overall, I feel it fits the spirit of Senran Kagura pretty well.
This is an amazing moveset honestly. Great concept for specials and the Final Smash.

I never thought of the wall scaling ability since balancing would be the biggest concern, but you got it just about right.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As of now, things look good for Asuka. The "Main character first" rule absolutely refuses to budge after all this time. The only thing that can stop her at this point is a spirit event.

That may be true, but you have to admit, what we’ve got on there at the moment is definitely pushing the envelop, if only a wee bit.
We also got a remake of Yu-No, if that factors into anything.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I decided to write down a potential trailer for Asuka. Enjoy!

*Cross intro*

The trailer starts in a full-on anime style, a single school-girl walking down a street at night. Suddenly, she stops, hearing sudden sounds, and sees two shadows jumping around the rooftops. The camera pans upwards and reveals Sheik jumping from rooftop to rooftop. She jumps upwards, turns around, and fires a barrage of needles behind her. The needles whiz past her pursuer, which is revealed to be Meta Knight, who avoids it with a Dimensional Cape. Meta Knight then appears, closer to Sheik, who knocks him away with a Bouncing Fish kick. The chase continues for a moment before the girl decides, she's going to join, too. She jumps upwards, and a bright flash of green light enshrouds the camera before she lands on the roof in a completely different outfit. She then takes out two wakizashi swords, and stabs the roof in front of her, causing stone spikes to stop Sheik in her tracks and jump away towards Meta Knight, who notices this sudden attack. The two stare at this new girl, who removes her swords from the ground and enters a stance. With a determined smile, she says in Japanese, "I'll show you a dance cloaked in shadows!"

ASUKA Is Ready To Bounce!

The trailer then cuts to gameplay, where Asuka's moveset is shown. At one point, she launches Palutena with a Side Smash, then with a green flash of light, bounds towards the goddess before releasing a relentless barrage of strikes. She is then shown on Suzaku Castle with Terry fighting against Hero (Eight) with Takamaru summoned. Her stage, Hanzo Academy Grounds, is shown, with many Hanzo Academy students in the background. Asuka then shows her Final Smash, which has her catch opponents in a pillar of raw energy before relentlessly barraging Bayonetta and Female Corrin with many attacks and Ninpo before dealing a final strike that sends them soaring to the blast lines. Asuka then lands on the ground and bows to the camera.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Senran Kagura Estival Versus

Asuka is then shown walking a bit on Hanzo Academy Grounds before a white-clad Zero Suit Samus lands behind her. Asuka turns around, performs a flinched animation, then runs off with Zero Suit Samus on her tail. The camera then fades out.

@ 2018 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Marvelous Inc.

Bonus points for figuring out the easter eggs.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I decided to write down a potential trailer for Asuka. Enjoy!

*Cross intro*

The trailer starts in a full-on anime style, a single school-girl walking down a street at night. Suddenly, she stops, hearing sudden sounds, and sees two shadows jumping around the rooftops. The camera pans upwards and reveals Sheik jumping from rooftop to rooftop. She jumps upwards, turns around, and fires a barrage of needles behind her. The needles whiz past her pursuer, which is revealed to be Meta Knight, who avoids it with a Dimensional Cape. Meta Knight then appears, closer to Sheik, who knocks him away with a Bouncing Fish kick. The chase continues for a moment before the girl decides, she's going to join, too. She jumps upwards, and a bright flash of green light enshrouds the camera before she lands on the roof in a completely different outfit. She then takes out two wakizashi swords, and stabs the roof in front of her, causing stone spikes to stop Sheik in her tracks and jump away towards Meta Knight, who notices this sudden attack. The two stare at this new girl, who removes her swords from the ground and enters a stance. With a determined smile, she says in Japanese, "I'll show you a dance cloaked in shadows!"

ASUKA Is Ready To Bounce!

The trailer then cuts to gameplay, where Asuka's moveset is shown. At one point, she launches Palutena with a Side Smash, then with a green flash of light, bounds towards the goddess before releasing a relentless barrage of strikes. She is then shown on Suzaku Castle with Terry fighting against Hero (Eight) with Takamaru summoned. Her stage, Hanzo Academy Grounds, is shown, with many Hanzo Academy students in the background. Asuka then shows her Final Smash, which has her catch opponents in a pillar of raw energy before relentlessly barraging Bayonetta and Female Corrin with many attacks and Ninpo before dealing a final strike that sends them soaring to the blast lines. Asuka then lands on the ground and bows to the camera.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Senran Kagura Estival Versus

Asuka is then shown walking a bit on Hanzo Academy Grounds before a white-clad Zero Suit Samus lands behind her. Asuka turns around, performs a flinched animation, then runs off with Zero Suit Samus on her tail. The camera then fades out.

@ 2018 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / Hal Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM USA., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Marvelous Inc.

Bonus points for figuring out the easter eggs.
Not bad at all! You've got quite a nice flair for this sort of stuff. Makes me want to share a couple of Spirit Battle concepts I've been brainstorming in the event that SK winds up making it.
Class: Advanced ★★
Main Fighter: :ultike: White outfit
Reinforcements: :ultrichter: White outfit
Stage: Tomadachi Life (Ω)
Items: Dragoon Parts
Conditions
Defeat the main fighter to win
Reinforcements will appear after a little while
The enemy's sword attacks have increased damage
Track: Hien Awakens
Frankly, I'm still not too entirely acquainted with the series yet, but I've still formulated a couple of basic battle frameworks. I'll be sure to share them later, but for now, I'll just leave this here and ask you guys how I did.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While I'm certainly hyped about Senran Kagura in Smash (as Spirits or playable), I decided to test my new creativity with creating a definitive Spirit Board for the franchise (PS readd me to the support list)
Shinobi Students
Fighters: white :ultsheik: x 8
Stage: Unnamed SK stage (if any) OR Fourside (Omega)
Rules/Conditions:
- Defeat an army of fighters
- Enemy has increased movement speed
Spirit Ability: Speed ^ (Support)

Greater Shinobi
Fighters: black :ultsonic: x 8
Stage: Suzaku Castle (Battlefield)
Rules/Conditions:
- All enemies start battle with Killing Edge
Spirit Ability: None (Primary)

Puppet Walker
Fighters: yellow :ultrob: x 7, followed by grey :ultrob:
Stage: Mushroom Kingdom U (the part with the rotating platform)
Rules:
- The enemy's melee attacks have increased attack power
- The last ROB's Neutral B has increased power and is much larger
Spirit Ability: Weight ^ (Primary)

Hanzo National Academy
Fighters: Asuka, white:ultzss:, regular :ultcorrinf:, gold:ultpeach:, female:ultvillagerf: (Katsuragi, Ikaruga, Yagyu, Hibari)
Stage: Unnamed SK stage
Rules:
- Reinforcements will appear after an enemy has been KO'd
- ZSS kick attacks have increased power
- ZSS favors grabs =)
- Corrin sword attacks have increased power
- Peach favors Up B
- Villager starts with Bunny Hood
Spirit Ability: Speed ^ (Primary)

Crimson Squad
Fighters: black :ultlucina:,green:ultcloud:,pink:ultdoc:,green:ultsheik:,black :ultdaisy: (Homura, Yomi, Haruka, Hikage, Mirai)
Stage: Bridge of Eldin (no hazards)
Rules:
- Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd
- Lucina and Cloud's sword attack has increased power
- Dr. Mario favors Neutral B and Side B
- Sheik favors Dash attack
- Daisy favors Up B
- Daisy starts with Super Scope
Spirit Ability: ^ Stats after Eating (Primary)

Gessen Girls' Academy
Fighters: light blue:ulticeclimbers:, Galacta Knight:ultmetaknight:, blue:ultlittlemac:,red:ultrobinf:,orange:ultisabelle: (Yumi, Murakumo, Yozakura, Shiki, Minori)
Stage: Summit (Battlefield)
Rules:
- Reinforcements will appear after enemy is KO'd
- Floor is ice
- Meta Knight starts with Beam Sword
- Little Mac's fist attack has increased power
- Robin starts with Death Scythe
- Isabelle starts with an Item Tidal Wave
-Isabelle is easily distracted by items
Spirit Ability: Water Attack ^ (Primary)

Hebijo Clandestine Girls' Academy
Fighters:Jeanne:ultbayonetta:,purple:ultgreninja:,Green:ultpikachu:,Maroon:ultdarkpit:,Blonde:ultpit: (Miyabi, Murasaki, Imu, Ryobi, Ryona)
Stage: Dracula's Castle (Normal)
Rules:
-Reinforcements will appear after enemy is KO'd
-Enemy has increased movement speed
-Bayonetta starts with Killing Edge
-Greninja favors Neutral B
-Greninja tends to avoid combat
-Pikachu starts with Beam Sword
-Dark Pit has increased attack power
-Dark Pit starts with Staff
-Pit starts with Ray Gun
-Pit has the Flower Effect =)
Spirit Ability: Trade-Off Attacks (Primary)

Mikagura Sisters
Fighters: maroon:ultdk:,green:ultkingdedede:,light blue:ultsquirtle: (Renka, Hanabi, Kafuru)
Rules:
-DK favors Down B
Spirit Ability: Physical Attack (Primary)

Rin and Daidoji
Fighters: black:ultgreninja:, black:ult_terry:
Stage: Unnamed SK stage (Battlefield)
Rules:
-Stamina Battle
-Enemy has increased attack power
-Enemy's Smash attacks have increased power
Spirit Ability: Undamaged Attack and Speed ^ (Support)

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Not sure if any of you heard of this, but someone’s made a petition to try finishing development of Senren Kagura 7EVEN for Steam and the Switch. It’s gotten over 500 signatures.

https://twitter.com/senraninteracad/status/1223078651035602944?s=21

Not expecting much, but it’s something we can do.

While I'm certainly hyped about Senran Kagura in Smash (as Spirits or playable), I decided to test my new creativity with creating a definitive Spirit Board for the franchise (PS readd me to the support list)
Shinobi Students
Fighters: white :ultsheik: x 8
Stage: Unnamed SK stage (if any) OR Fourside (Omega)
Rules/Conditions:
Spirit Ability: Speed ^ (Support)

Greater Shinobi
Fighters: black :ultsonic: x 8
Rules/Conditions:
- All enemies start battle with Killing Edge
Spirit Ability: None (Primary)

Puppet Walker
Fighters: yellow :ultrob: x 7, followed by grey :ultrob:
Stage: Mushroom Kingdom U (the part with the rotating platform)
Rules:
- The enemy's melee attacks have increased attack power
- The last ROB's Neutral B has increased power and is much larger
Spirit Ability: Weight ^ (Primary)

Hanzo National Academy
Fighters: Asuka, white:ultzss:, regular :ultcorrinf:, gold:ultpeach:, female:ultvillagerf: (Katsuragi, Ikaruga, Yagyu, Hibari)
Stage: Unnamed SK stage
Rules:
- Reinforcements will appear after an enemy has been KO'd
- ZSS kick attacks have increased power
- ZSS favors grabs =)
- Corrin sword attacks have increased power
- Peach favors Up B
- Villager starts with Bunny Hood
Spirit Ability: Speed ^ (Primary)

Crimson Squad
Fighters: black :ultlucina:,green:ultcloud:,pink:ultdoc:,green:ultsheik:,black :ultdaisy: (Homura, Yomi, Haruka, Hikage, Mirai)
Stage: Bridge of Eldin (no hazards)
Rules:
- Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd
- Lucina and Cloud's sword attack has increased power
- Dr. Mario favors Neutral B and Side B
- Sheik favors Dash attack
- Daisy favors Up B
- Daisy starts with Super Scope
Spirit Ability: ^ Stats after Eating (Primary)

Gessen Girls' Academy
Fighters: light blue:ulticeclimbers:, Galacta Knight:ultmetaknight:, blue:ultlittlemac:,red:ultrobinf:,orange:ultisabelle: (Yumi, Murakumo, Yozakura, Shiki, Minori)
Stage: Summit (Battlefield)
Rules:
- Reinforcements will appear after enemy is KO'd
- Floor is ice
- Meta Knight starts with Beam Sword
- Little Mac's fist attack has increased power
- Robin starts with Death Scythe
- Isabelle starts with an Item Tidal Wave
-Isabelle is easily distracted by items
Spirit Ability: Water Attack ^ (Primary)

Hebijo Clandestine Girls' Academy
Fighters:Jeanne:ultbayonetta:,purple:ultgreninja:,Green:ultpikachu:,Maroon:ultdarkpit:,Blonde:ultpit: (Miyabi, Murasaki, Imu, Ryobi, Ryona)
Stage: Dracula's Castle (Normal)
Rules:
-Bayonetta starts with Killing Edge
-Greninja favors Neutral B
-Greninja tends to avoid combat
-Pikachu starts with Beam Sword
-Dark Pit has increased attack power
-Dark Pit starts with Staff
-Pit starts with Ray Gun
-Pit has the Flower Effect =)
Spirit Ability: Trade-Off Attacks (Primary)

Mikagura Sisters
Fighters: maroon:ultdk:,green:ultkingdedede:,light blue:ultsquirtle: (Renka, Hanabi, Kafuru)
Rules:
-DK favors Down B
Spirit Ability: Physical Attack (Primary)

Rin and Daidoji
Fighters: black:ultgreninja:, black:ult_terry:
Stage: Unnamed SK stage (Battlefield)
Rules:
-Stamina Battle
-Enemy has increased attack power
-Enemy's Smash attacks have increased power
Spirit Ability: Undamaged Attack and Speed ^ (Support)
Great job, the work that went into these are pretty amazing.

Having spirits of all students for their schools that just standalone ones make aboaolute sense. That way no one is really left out.

The Rin & Daidouji one has to be my favorite.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not sure if any of you heard of this, but someone’s made a petition to try finishing development of Senren Kagura 7EVEN for Steam and the Switch. It’s gotten over 500 signatures.

https://twitter.com/senraninteracad/status/1223078651035602944?s=21

Not expecting much, but it’s something we can
Signed that one for ya! In fact, I've been trying my best to keep up momentum. But hey, 500 signatures MEANS something. And I really don't want this series to stay unresolved.

Or they can just do crossovers with other games ghat ain't Smash. I'm thinkin' BBTAG, but I dunno if they will be releasing future DLC packs or anything.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Signed that one for ya! In fact, I've been trying my best to keep up momentum. But hey, 500 signatures MEANS something. And I really don't want this series to stay unresolved.

Or they can just do crossovers with other games ghat ain't Smash. I'm thinkin' BBTAG, but I dunno if they will be releasing future DLC packs or anything.
Think bigger than that, you could have SK characters show up in Dead Or Alive, or even Warriors Orochi.

So, assuming that an Operation Rainfall has to be pulled here, what would be sent to help encourage the game to happen, clean pairs of panties?

D

Deleted member

Think bigger than that, you could have SK characters show up in Dead Or Alive, or even Warriors Orochi.

So, assuming that an Operation Rainfall has to be pulled here, what would be sent to help encourage the game to happen, clean pairs of panties?
I think the best way to do this is to encourage more uncensored games for the Switch and PC.

Or yeah, do more crossovers like what SNK is doing right now.

amageish

Smash Master
Hello all! Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe~!

I posted this in SoS Farmer's thread, but may as well repeat it here: Image Frame Investment, a subsidiary of Tencent, is now the majority owner of Marvelous. This is apparently due to Marvelous realizing they need more funds to function in the modern games industry, especially due to the ongoing pandemic.

I... don't know how this will affect Senran Kagura, if it will at all. Hopefully it just results in quicker localizations though, given the apparent focus on global expansion!

As for Smash, I doubt this will matter, especially given how the deal has apparently only been brokered now. I know some people use Tencent's role as Nintendo's distributor in China to argue that other partially-Tencent-owned companies, such as Epic Games or Riot Games, have increased odds of Smash representation, but that doesn't seem likely to apply here.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Hello all! Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe~!

I posted this in SoS Farmer's thread, but may as well repeat it here: Image Frame Investment, a subsidiary of Tencent, is now the majority owner of Marvelous. This is apparently due to Marvelous realizing they need more funds to function in the modern games industry, especially due to the ongoing pandemic.

I... don't know how this will affect Senran Kagura, if it will at all. Hopefully it just results in quicker localizations though, given the apparent focus on global expansion!

As for Smash, I doubt this will matter, especially given how the deal has apparently only been brokered now. I know some people use Tencent's role as Nintendo's distributor in China to argue that other partially-Tencent-owned companies, such as Epic Games or Riot Games, have increased odds of Smash representation, but that doesn't seem likely to apply here.
I figure it'll most likely have no negative effect on Marvelous, so long as they get their proper funding. The least we can do is play whatever we've got while we wait and see what happens.
Speaking of which...
20200509230751_1.jpg

WumboCumbo

Smash Rookie
Any of you aware of Super Smash Bros Crusade CMC+? It's a modpack of the fangame and it contains Asuka. My lord, if her moveset in Ultimate was exactly like that, she'd probably be high tier. She's super fun in the mod.

D

Deleted member

Any of you aware of Super Smash Bros Crusade CMC+? It's a modpack of the fangame and it contains Asuka. My lord, if her moveset in Ultimate was exactly like that, she'd probably be high tier. She's super fun in the mod.
Sauce?

WumboCumbo

Smash Rookie
I forget that No More Heroes is in via Travis Mii costume and Marvelous is still involved.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I know next to nothing about this series, so I'll ask a question here
With the characters here, it seems like characters with 'actual' chances are Asuka and Yumi, since former is the main protagonist and latter is ridiculously popular.
Did I get it right?

Top Bottom