• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Handyman Build Help

Lucky13the2nd

Smash Cadet
NNID
josiahs13
I was able to get a hold of a complete handyman pack before it got mercilessly torn off of the internet forever. However, I have tried to boot it several times from various SD cards, but it always soft locks on the "charizard approves" screen. Anyone know what's wrong?

Szion

Smash Journeyman
i think because its a mod of legacy XP you need to be using legacy XP installs for it to work on dolphin

my legacy build with added things like cloud/knux and whatever required a user to be using a legacy XP wbfs

Last edited:

Lucky13the2nd

Smash Cadet
NNID
josiahs13
Thanks for the idea, I'll give it a try. I am however using a console as opposed to dolphin, so I'll see if my new idea works.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
It's not a mod of Legacy XP, I based my build off of Project M EX. It should work fine if you are using the homebrew method though, as the build was designed for it. The build was taken down because it included Knuckles and Lyn, plus I got various complaints from the Legacy team and PMDT members. With that said, I have been quietly working on fixing the issues regarding my build, and I plan to relaunch it without Knuckles and Lyn and a fixed credits very soon.

Lucky13the2nd

Smash Cadet
NNID
josiahs13
It's not a mod of Legacy XP, I based my build off of Project M EX. It should work fine if you are using the homebrew method though, as the build was designed for it. The build was taken down because it included Knuckles and Lyn, plus I got various complaints from the Legacy team and PMDT members. With that said, I have been quietly working on fixing the issues regarding my build, and I plan to relaunch it without Knuckles and Lyn and a fixed credits very soon.
Cool stuff. So the version I have should work through homebrew, but doesn't. Any idea why it would freeze right after the first title screen?

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Cool stuff. So the version I have should work through homebrew, but doesn't. Any idea why it would freeze right after the first title screen?
I'm not entirely sure. That usually happens because the info.pac is too big, but the download you have shouldn't have that issue. How is your SD card set up?

Last edited:

Lucky13the2nd

Smash Cadet
NNID
josiahs13
I don't know about the formatting, but I took the files and copied them directly from the .zip (unzipped, of course) and put them on the SD.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I don't know about the formatting, but I took the files and copied them directly from the .zip (unzipped, of course) and put them on the SD.
I would try formatting it. Other than that, make sure that the root of the SD card contains the folders "projectm", "apps", "codes", and the file "gameconfig.txt". Not sure what else to say, but I recommend formatting your SD card and try copying the files to it again.

Lucky13the2nd

Smash Cadet
NNID
josiahs13
I would try formatting it. Other than that, make sure that the root of the SD card contains the folders "projectm", "apps", "codes", and the file "gameconfig.txt". Not sure what else to say, but I recommend formatting your SD card and try copying the files to it again.
Thanks. I'll give it a try. One other thing, since I'm a noob at this, any particular way the sd needs to be formatted?

Last edited:

Death44

Smash Rookie
Have you done any work on your build since this thread? I recently discovered it (and all the backlash it got) and I'd really love to play it. I love Knux, as my favorite Sonic character ever, and all builds I have played, he feels okay but really clunky. I've looked and looked, and cannot seem to find a good build with him included.

Top Bottom