• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

hand excersises for tech skill?

ghornas

Smash Rookie
i suck at tech skill, is there some hand excerises or **** i can do to improve my shorthoping, l canceling, wavedashing and **** while not playing melee?

i did a hand excercise recently and found out my hands are week, thats why i ask
inb4fap

Last edited:

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
you should just play more. this game is hard lol.
when you start it feels like impossible to do anything, like doing a 2 hit combo that involves SHFFLs.

But once you play more you wont even think about doing things like getting short hops and hitting your fundamental movement techs. best advice I can give is that EVERYONE started off where you are.

m2k used to say all the time that when he started playing he couldn't short hop as fox at all. like completely horrible at it. so we all just have to grind it out and learn to navigate the difficulties of this game. movement definitely gets easier though. focus on the basic (don't try to imitate people's tech skill in between stocks).

It's like riding a bike. it's daunting and frustrating when you first learn but once you do it's something you don't ever think about. It's like breathing (melee movement is harder than breathing but still lol)

ghornas

Smash Rookie
i've been trying for like a month and i still cant short hop and do an arial at the same time, its like 20%. i think its my thumb muscles or some **** cuz i got into a position where i do it with a high sucess rate but it hurt my thumb

also i've been playing melee for a year but was really lazy and never learned tech, now i gotta learn everything and its overwhelming...

Last edited by a moderator:

xGat0x

Immaculate Maverick
i've been trying for like a month and i still cant short hop and do an arial at the same time, its like 20%. i think its my thumb muscles or some **** cuz i got into a position where i do it with a high sucess rate but it hurt my thumb

also i've been playing melee for a year but was really lazy and never learned tech, now i gotta learn everything and its overwhelming...
I am not a pro by any means, but muscle memory is the bulk of this game focus on playing as much with some breaks in between and do some hand stretches and do not get discouraged it comes naturally. I have been playing for only two months and I can already attest to this.

i've been trying for like a month and i still cant short hop and do an arial at the same time, its like 20%. i think its my thumb muscles or some **** cuz i got into a position where i do it with a high sucess rate
Do you use Z for aerials? This divides the tasks of pressing X/Y to the thumb and the aerial for the index finger. I recommend flicking your thumbnail on the bottom edge of the X button to more reliably short hop

Also, I used to do finger excersizes by by pressing buttons and moving control sticks slowly on a Gamecube controller during my 1 miles walks to and from high school. After about a week, my finger muscles gained too much strength for my muscle memory, so I had to relearn it

I have also tried using finger excersizes devices and I'm not sure if it brought me any results. These days, I do calisthenics finger excersizes out of habit. It could be a placebo or it could be that my hands are as fit as they need to be to play as Peach in tournaments. They never feel tired

SprayPaint

Smash Rookie

Short hop aerials are easier if you use the c-stick or the x/y buttons.

Top Bottom