• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halp with YL double bair

Pesi

Smash Rookie
NNID
CurseOfThe18th
What's the timing on this? I've read a few guides and watched Axe do it a thousand times, but for the life of me I can't seem to get it. I jumped off the stage with my initial short hop to see how far I still needed to fall to get my 2nd jump and it's just below the edge, so I would have landed before I finished the move had I done it on stage. Is there something I'm missing?

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
Use tap jump for the DJ. Im pretty sure there are like 5 threads with this same question.

TriNewton

Smash Cadet
Actually, even though I can pull this off consistently with tap jump, do you really get as much control over your aerial drift as you do if you use Y/X and leave the control stick free?

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
You can still tap jump diagonally and I don't think the aerial drift is affected much. The X axis for aerial movement doesn't change if you move from diagonal left/right to full left/right.

Tap jump also buffers 3 frames which is very useful considering you only have 2-3 frames between the move being canceled with a double jump and landing.

If you are really concerned with momentum, just pickup moonwalking. The Links are the easiest characters to moonwalk with.

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
lol "HALP"

To be able to do this well and easy it is most important to begin doing bair almost INSTANTLY after you jump- this gives you more time to move whilst bairing, and lets the second jump bair start high as possible. If you do it right, you should be able to jump>bair>jump>bair>nair

Top Bottom