• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
i already did a while back. i was fine paying for both the game and the map packs that werent currently free
So, you're fine with paying for content which you already own? :/

The very existence of Halo 3: ODST is an insult to the large and not very intelligent fan base of the game.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So, how is everyone enjoying the game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_3_odst

"The game's length increased from original estimates of 3-to-5 hours to 8-to-10."

"Reviewers have also noted it's short campaign with IGN completing it in "under 5 hours"and Good Game finishing it in 4 hours and 20 minutes, both on Heroic difficulty."

:/

"ODST garnered positive reviews. It currently has an 87% and 85% average on critic aggregate sites Game Rankings and Metacritic, respectively."

LOL it only got 85% on Metacritic. Halo 1/CE got rated 83% for the PC and 97% for the original Xbox, Halo 2 95% and Halo 3 94%.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
F8AL:The game is good. If you don't like it, or don't wanna play it, just don't buy it.

I however, really liked the campaign. Firefight is amazing. It's the most fun I've had in Halo in a long time. Even on Heroic it was a challenge, and those achievements are gonna be a pain to get (actually, :GASP: an ACHIEVEMENT!!).

Am I trying to be a jerk, no. I can understand your frustrations and respect your opinion on the game. I just don't think it's cool to 'knock everyone down a peg' for wanting to get a game they like/have an interest in. :( I mean, we all like Halo, right? So this is the odd ball of the series. You'll either like it or you won't.

: peace?:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
so tell me, how did i already own the legendary and mythic map packs when they werent available for free or came with the halo 3 disc? -.-
You bought them with microsoft points off the xbox live marketplace. When you buy ODST the 2nd disk contains all of the DLC so you're paying for the maps which you previously bought. Enjoy.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Don't bother responding, F8AL will give you other reasons as to why you're wrong :)

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
I feel sorry for those of you who bought ODST. With any brains on normal, probably 4 hours play time.

If you paid $60 for this horrible game, I feel sorry for you. You could've rented it and beaten it and saved yourself $50.

inb4 "FIREFIGHT FOR REPLAY VALUE OLOLZ"

GreenFox

Smash Ace
There is no reason to buy this game Im a hardcore Halo fan, I read the books played the game and I cant even buy this game when I could just rent it and beat it theres no multiplayer for replay value.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
ODST has no multiplayer?
It does, it's Halo 3's MP on a separate disk with all of the DLC which you probably already own if you have Halo 3 (how else would you play all of the playlists?) and it contains 3 "new" MP maps. (Oh wait, it's 2 because Heretic is a remake of Midship in Halo 2)

GreenFox

Smash Ace
ODST = 60$ Length is 5 Hours on Heroic singleplayer
GTA IV: TLAD (Another expansion) =$20 and the length is 5-6 hours as well.

That being said people were saying TLAD was overpriced but I bet some of those same people bought odst.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
F8AL, as much as I agree with you, we really shouldn't be arguing in this thread. Let everyone SUFFER enjoy their Halo 3 expansion. I could see myself getting this after the price drops by a good amount.

We don't like responding to haters in the Modern Warfare 2 thread, so I'm sure these guys (or gals) don't want us ruining the game for them.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm really enjoying the hell out of Firefight. You can easily describe it like Horde mode from Gears, but once you play it, you know it isn't. Getting a squad of 4 players together to try and tough it out get hectic. My buddies and I just beat our previous record of 35 minutes to 92 minutes. Bloody crazy. I feel that Firefight was worth it, in my opinion. As I've said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I know there's a lot of haters towards ODST. But Firefight has me hooked.

So, with ODST here, and the rumor of Halo: Reach footage appearing at Tokyo Game Show this Thursday, maybe we should start steering the discussion towards Reach? What's everyone looking forward to? What are you hoping for/why?

:)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Does firefight mode go on forever until everyone dies/runs out of lives or is there a set amount of rounds? (i.e. Wave 50 in Gears of War 2's horde mode)

Player-1

Smash Legend
Meh, the campaign was iffy for me. There was some really good parts in it, but I agree with it being too short, and what I hated most about it were the 'inter' levels when you were the rookie looking for your squad members around the city, it just got repetitive and annoying walking around on foot the entire time to find some items with barely any combat going on. Sometimes you'd fight some guys and sometimes not, and you didn't get a ghost until like the 2nd to last one of them to actually ride back and forth. I did like all of the other levels though. 7.5/10 IMO

Firefight is what I was most hyped for, and it was really good, I thought. Props to that 10/10 IMO

The new maps I haven't played on them yet, although I went in forge and got the skulls, so what I've SEEN so far I'd give it a 6/10, just because I personally never liked midship that much and citadel doesn't look that great either, longshore looks pretty cool, I'll admit, but I'll have to see after actually playing the maps.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Does firefight mode go on forever until everyone dies/runs out of lives or is there a set amount of rounds? (i.e. Wave 50 in Gears of War 2's horde mode)
If there's an end, I haven't seen it. O_o the Vidmaster achievement wants you to get past Set 4. It goes Set, round, wave. 5 waves in a round, 3 rounds in a set.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
/Facepalm to you...

From what they said, It doesn't have it's own special multiplayer anyway.

I already have Halo 3

You asked if ODST had multiplayer or not which has been said 100 times over for at least the past 4 months and a lot in this thread you deserve more then a facepalm.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You asked if ODST had multiplayer or not which has been said 100 times over for at least the past 4 months and a lot in this thread you deserve more then a facepalm.
I haven't been in those threads for the past 4 months,

I just misread a comment that said it didn't have multiplayer

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Well, my brother is currently in a state of unrest, due to the fact that his particular copy of ODST hasn't arrived in three days, while his friends' have. looool. :chuckle: He busies himself playing Section 8 all the time. And even then he screams with rage whenever someone manages to blow up his Heavy Armour.

Personally, I wouldn't really care so much about the campaign's length so long as the way you could play it was different every time. This open-world style with Covenant patrolling around sounds cool; it's different from the other Halo campaign's with a really linear storyline. You could practically recite exactly what enemies would do there if you'd been playing long enough.

As for Firefight, it looks and sounds like an awesome thing. I still think it bears one too many similarities to Horde mode, though...

Oh, for the ODST owners, is it possible to shoot down a Phantom there before it drops off its troops?

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
LOL I love doing that in Halo 3. It takes several scorpion tank shots tho but it's nice to see it blow up into a million pieces. :D
But you can't blow them up before the troops disembark? It even funnier seeing a bunch of grunts get buried under several tonnes of wreckage. The Phantoms in general sound a helluva lot tougher than they were in H3.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I'm really hating the comments about how people wasted their money buying ODST. I see what you are getting at, how it may be a bit short, but maybe others still enjoy it.

If yout think it's a waste of money, then don't buy it. No one is making you buy it, so stop complaining for other people.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
2.5 million is a lot of people. Firefight alone is worth it in my opinion (I've said it once, and I'll keep saying it). That doesn't mean it is for everyone. But 2.5 million (Hell, even a million for errors sake) clearly liked/were willing enough to try and enjoy the game. Am I saying everyone enjoyed the game? No. Lord knows the internet is for complaining about such trifles. What you rarely see on the internet are people saying what they liked about a game, or why they liked the game, rather than the norm of 'This game sucks cause you die too quickly, and I can't own like I can in this game'.

I'm half asleep here.

Point being; I know there's a lot of people out there who didn't like/want anything to do with said game. But there's a group who also enjoyed it too. That's all I'm sayin here.

Now, who want's a cookie?

(: .)

Top Bottom