• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Did anybody see the MLG top ten #2 for Halo 3? That cone splatter on the Pit is freaking epic.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Okay, so after playing some Hardcore last night between SWAT and after it disappeared at midnight, I'll give the MLG playlist a shot. No radar changes how Construct plays SO much, it's crazy. Still not a big fan of the map, but no radar makes it much better than Epitaph and Snowbound.

pikamon

Smash Ace
If Lockout's returning, that's pretty amazing. Lockout was quite possibly my favorite map in Halo 2, so maybe now I'll have a reason to start playing this game again.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Omg, I'm so close to my 40! Skill 39.

You and your friends were really good, Goofy. We gotta do that again. Sorry I had to go, company came over for Easter dinner.

Later!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
*double post bump for great justice*

Anyone gonna be on tonight? I can play after dinner time. Gotta get my 40! But if Team SWAT is still around, I'll do that too. Whatever, really.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
My tag is just "AltF4Warrior".

Well, Team SWAT was supposed to up up for Sunday, but there was a problem on Bungie's end and they said they'd "make it up" to us. So I thought it might be possible that they're extending it for a while extra. But they might have something else in mind. I'm only guessing.

They really should make a regular team SWAT playlist. That was really fun to play.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I thought Bungie would've just relaunched the SWAT playlist when they got back to work today, I guess I was wrong. It's still gone and there hasn't been anything said about it on their site since midnight on Sunday.

Also, I got to a level 31 in a day with my friend in Team Doubles. I really feel like I could easily get a 45 in that playlist.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Great, my cousin burnt the ****ing 360. Time to NOT play for a month or so.-_-...****ed repairs.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
My internet should be back up tomorrow. Been almost 2 weeks, starting to have withdrawal...So pissed i missed the SWAT playlist.

Still don't think Im ever going to get my 50 in TS, maybe I should just work on Doubles with one of yall (im only a 13)

Need to get a big team battle going again sometime soon.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Team doubles can be fun, but you need a good team mate who understands how to ***** weapons, and their spawn times. A lot of times it comes down to which team has better sniper, and who can keep full snipe (depending upon level obviously). It can also be extremely gay when people get a kill lead, and simply hide out for the remaining time...

Speaking of weapon spawns, someone should make a list of spawn times of power-ups/weapons on all levels. For example Camo is up at 9:45 on The Pit on TS, and Rockets at about 9:30. Im always surprised that there are not more people rushing these spawns at these times, b/c with the match timer you always know how much time has passed (and who doesn't love whoring weapons). It would go a lot faster if we could get 3-4 people on a level, so that way someone can watch each power up/weapon, instead of one person running around.

Just thought of this, can you look at forge and determine what the set spawn times of weapons are on each level...

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=13413

Legendary Map: Blackout

"Last week we revealed the second map from the Legendary Map pack (due April 15th), Avalanche. That map is a reimagination of Halo: Combat Evolved map Sidewinder. This week, we're showing the final map from the Legendary Map Pack, Blackout. As its name suggests, Blackout is a remake of the Halo 2 classic Lockout, a cold series of interconnected platforms and walkways. Where Avalanche was retuned, reworked and massaged into something both familiar and unfamiliar, Blackout is a remake in a pretty strict sense of the word."

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Legendary Pack looks SOOOOOO much better than the Heroic Maps.

I gotta be honest, I don't like the look of Blackout, but it's sweet to see all the familiar buildings and structures of lockout.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
For the lazy:

Blackout

First off: Yay, Lockout.

Secondly: Oh my god that's some ugly art direction. Hopefully it looks nicer from a first person perspective on the map, though you could argue that weather stations, oil stations, etc. are pretty ugly.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
It looks ugly... but in a "run down industrial plant" sort of way, which is what they're going for. Perhaps the background doesn't have enough in it, but it will probably look different in 1st person like you said.

Anywho, I'm really curious to see how it plays. I wonder if the darkness will make it hard to spot people at distance? Or if the lighting that is around will e significant. (IE: if standing in a lighted area makes you significantly more visible than in a dark area)

Really excited.

EDIT: I wonder if all the Halo 2 players will still use the old call out names for places? Like "Green room" even if it's not green anymore. Probably, lol.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
If you read the release Bungie put out today, it says they kept the weapon spawns as close as they could to Lockout. You can see the Sniper in its rightful spot on the third picture in my previous post. I never called the shotgun area "green hallway", I called it "Shotgun hallway", amazingly enough, which is what I'll call it in Halo 3. Sniper tower, BR tower, Shotgun hall, lift, middle, bottom middle, sword area, elbow... the only thing I really don't have a name for is the area where the magnum and plasma rifle spawn (the room above the sword). Looks like I might call it brown building from the screens, heh.

I'm wondering why they took screens with Oddball spawns/VIP checkpoints in them. Screens should just be default slayer screens.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I just looked at the hi-res screens of Blackout and noticed there are names on all of the buildings except for Sniper Tower. The BR tower is called the Laboratory, the building above the sword is the Barracks and the lift is Maintenance. Bungie, you're finally building call signs into the maps besides weapon spawns. :p

smashman90

Smash Lord
I just looked at the hi-res screens of Blackout and noticed there are names on all of the buildings except for Sniper Tower. The BR tower is called the Laboratory, the building above the sword is the Barracks and the lift is Maintenance. Bungie, you're finally building call signs into the maps besides weapon spawns. :p

Although Bungie may have given those rooms names, I bet people will still call them sword room and BR room, etc. lol. Btw, had fun when we were playing last night although we lost a couple of times.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Wow, we can finally has Lockout. They sure know how to earn money:-p. Looks beautiful.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Wow, we can finally has Lockout. They sure know how to earn money:-p. Looks beautiful.
Yes they do, considering 2/3 of the maps are basically remakes. (sidewinder is now avalanche and lockout is now blackout) Ghost Town is basically the only original map in the legendary map pack. The heroic map pack was all new, original maps through so im not complaining.

I'm going to wait till the legendary map pack becomes free since i already downloaded the free heroic map pack yesterday. :p

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Operation: Get rid of Alt's Noob Bar

Okay, so Team Smashboards has had some good success lately on Live, but we need to step up our game. The problem is not our individual skill at this point, but our team strategy... or frankly our lack-thereof.

We pretty much just run around trying to get kills, and only teamshoot if some coincidentally is in vision of more than one of us. But this will change! Yes!

I've given some thought to some real team strategies that we can use, and I think with some input we can make them real effective.

1) Initially I'd like to start a kind of pairing. We'll fight as two groups of two, each group will stick close to each other, but more than one grenade's blast radius away if you know what I mean.

This will increase the amount of team shooting we will do, each group should concentrate on two main things:
---- i) Shooting one opponent and finishing him off before moving to the next one.
---- ii) Preventing your teammate from dieing by stepping in front of them or otherwise creating a distraction when they are at low shields.

2) Weapon timing!

Omg, that one game on foundry we won 50-25. It was amazing. We won that game because we timed the spawn of the Rockets and controlled the map. We really need to do a better job of timing power weapon spawns so we can get map control.

3) Callouts

I think we've been doing pretty well with this, but we could still improve. You should be able to have a mental image of where the enemy is by the callouts. Remember to ask for help well before you die! If you die and then call out the position, it will be too late by the time someone gets near.

(I'm guilty of this, so I assume others are too)

4) Individual Game Strats:

-To come?

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
lol im down

me and alt work well together

tonight? lets do it.

hopefully my friend kyle ( D prodigy 3) will be on tonight. hes mad good, better than me. and like a 39 i think.

Top Bottom