• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hall of Gaming 6 results - 7/2 - Wallingford, CT 36 entrants!

SummerSpeedyMix

Smash Apprentice
No johns had about 36 people at the venue, but only like 27 entered. Somehow we need to find a place half way between tristate and CT so we can combine these turnouts and make some awesome monthly regional or something with 60 + people. That is what melee needs. :)
I'm sure a lot of people would be down for that, but most of the people that came to the tournament were either from Mass or a bit farther up north, so the most logical thing would be to somehow find a halfway point between Tristate and New England, if anything, since even CT is far for someone that lives in Maine or so. Looking at a map, the halfway point looks around Western Mass/CT

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
Glad i got to play most of you.
Special shout outs to;

Qpac - Thanks for the compliment when i was playing SwiftBass, made my day. Haha
Andy - GOOD ****!! Close games! Both of them. I'll get you next time.
Ryuucloud - We got to play more friendlies!! Never played you in tournament. Talk about some more KH with you again!
Blanky - GOOOOOD SHIIIIIT!! PROUD OF YOU!! WE BOTH GOT OUT OF POOLS WITH LOW TIERS!! UNEXPOSED TIERS* HAHA!
Kradi - Love your Yoshi. Even though we didn't get to until near the end....it was nice playing another non top/high tier character!
Yong - Barely played! I forgive you for ditching me son!!
CRUSH - Beast!! How'd you like my Zero to death on your marth with my Young Link <3 HAHA! BTW I WORK AT CHUCK E CHEESE!! NO LIE!
Mafia - ALMOST!!! Both matches got you down to one stock and high percentage! I'm getting there!!
Bailey - Link <3
Solar - Close games!! But i do feel bad about that first match.
SwiftBass - OMFG i love your Marth! Nice playing you in pools!
Zao - Don't friggin give up dude. You got this.
SLOX - Close games! I'll beat you next time!!
Jpeg - LAS VEGAS!!! Good ****!! GREASY FOOD!!

AND THANK YOU SUBWAYS FOR THE MEATBALL AND PEPPERONI SUB! <3

crush

Smash Master
Sora - that 0-death (which I have valid johning rights for because I was coughing and had only one hand on the controller for most of it) was on my fox not my marth iguess my uber insane mindgames wiped your memory and you thought it was against my marth. And what chuck e cheese do you work at maybe I could get free pizza and skee-ball?

Subway staff member: the guy- tryna sell me a kids meal and "accidentally" forget to give me my apple slices? Unacceptable. I paid 4 dollars and 37 cents for that meal I expect to get my 50 cents worth of apple slices! And like 99% of the apple slices were macintoshes! Wtf?! I want my granny smith apple son!! And don't get me going on that chocolate milk!! That thing took like 4 minutes to open!!! I thought this was a kids meal how is a little kid supposed to open a chocolate milk bottle like that?

Subway staff: the girl- you ask me to pay you 50 cent's, I hand you a dollar, you hand me a quarter, a dime, and 3 nickels?!? I don't want those stupid dimes and nickels!!! You even forgot the sales tax noob!!

:phone:

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
Sora - that 0-death (which I have valid johning rights for because I was coughing and had only one hand on the controller for most of it) was on my fox not my marth iguess my uber insane mindgames wiped your memory and you thought it was against my marth. And what chuck e cheese do you work at maybe I could get free pizza and skee-ball?

Subway staff member: the guy- tryna sell me a kids meal and "accidentally" forget to give me my apple slices? Unacceptable. I paid 4 dollars and 37 cents for that meal I expect to get my 50 cents worth of apple slices! And like 99% of the apple slices were macintoshes! Wtf?! I want my granny smith apple son!! And don't get me going on that chocolate milk!! That thing took like 4 minutes to open!!! I thought this was a kids meal how is a little kid supposed to open a chocolate milk bottle like that?

Subway staff: the girl- you ask me to pay you 50 cent's, I hand you a dollar, you hand me a quarter, a dime, and 3 nickels?!? I don't want those stupid dimes and nickels!!! You even forgot the sales tax noob!!

:D No Johns

The one in lowell!!

crush

Smash Master
My johns are valid, your argument is invalid. And idk about the one in Lowell I usually go to the one at the loop by the movie theater

crush

Smash Master
I know you're old but sometimes johns are valid (seizures,asthma attacks,other sickness in forms of coughing or headache,heart attacks,lost family members and/or pets, etc)

ballplayer22k

Smash Cadet
Great tournament everyone. We should definitely do monthlies or weeklies in Wallingford if we aren't already. I go to Quinnipiac which is 15 minutes away! Anyway, some shout outs to the pool that ***** me and more

Pool 5
1. Banks 5-0 (10-0) - enjoyed playing your fox and marth, they made quick work of my luigi
2. Ryu Cloud 4-1 - great meeting you, we definitely need to play more sometime
3. Crush 3-2 - nice three-set match i believe, how are you so young?
4. JDog 2-3 - great falco, nice comeback. i banned FD against every falco i faced later that day
5. Len 1-4 -
6. Kenny 0-5 - one of us had to go without a win! sorry it was you, but you def have potential

Friendlies
WeaponX - NICE peach. We played so many friendlies it would've been interesting to face you in the bracket
Qpac - whenever you want to get wavedash chaingrabbed by my luigi at school, just hit me up on FB. good times
AwsmSean - unfortunate we only got to play Marth-Luigi battles. Did you whip out Luigi at all this tourney?
Bailey - YOU won that last match, it's about time you made your mark in the smash community. love ya buddy

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
gg's to everyone. i got spanked by a couple of nubs in bracket

jk, they're pretty good
:( wheres that Darc training?You play fox dont ye?

i 3 stocked Andy twice last tournament with fox

bailey4862

Smash Rookie
Bailey was at this?

The name is Brendan Bailey. A Smasher from New Hampshire. Not the Bailey everyone knows on the boards.

BTW - Crush, you are way too amazing for how old you are. But you have a lot to learn about. Once women become a big part of your life, I wish you plenty of luck and MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah that's true CT is kinda the midway point between NE and Tristate. I guess we'll just have to come to CT and make sure the tourney there is scheduled when a tristate tournament isn't going on.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
alright, so I guess I gotta get to these shoutout things SOMETIME before 2012. . .
. . . that would be nice. . .
MattDotZeb: Thanks a bunch for running the tournament, dude. . . Sometimes it's not said enough. See ya in Cali, brohan!
1: th0rn: Waaah! Sick games, brah! I felt like I couldve given you better games, and I apologize for that! =D. Why I didnt try playing in more friendlies w/ you afterwards, I do not know. . .
2: Swiftbass: Good job crushing my soul in LFs, could tell you really wanted another shot @ bill and werent about to **** around with me. . . Ill try to time my downBs better next time and not do them retardedly at 12% or something. . .
3: JPeG: blahblahblah, fishsticks in your mouth. you gay, bro? (. . . I dont know why ppl dont just skip themselves. . . lol)
4: Skillznasty: sweet job beating that mafia kid and getting 4th! Too bad you lost to that one lame oos kid. . . . heard he prolly doesnt even know about kadouba's! wtf!?!?!
5: Mafia: Good games, kid! Cant wait to see ya again at genesis. . . you'll get a chance to play my region, see how we all measure up, our falcos NAWT BAD!!!
5: Qpac: Fun games! Had me a bit nervous @ the end of that pools match =D. I dont know what happened the bracket match. . . had some th0rn fox practice or w/e cause something clicked. . . and great job mindgaming the **** outta me in pools with those strikes, I didnt see that **** coming for miles!
7: WeaponX: didnt get to play you too much, unfortunately =/. I got really ready for Irish's peach a bit, but he didnt want to use her today, i guess. So thanks for beign the only person playing peach that day (or at least the only one I played)
7: s l o x: . . .yeah, crossin the fingers for that 2nd game not ever repeatin again =p. . . watch out, I got that th0rn/swift practice now, though. . . . even though... I didnt play either of them on YS . . . =(
Good ****, btw! And good **** beating alex, too ( <3s Alex)
9: Banks: holy ****in elephant balls, nice sheik. guess I should be thankin james. cause Im not sure if I coulda made LFs lol
9: AwsmSean: only played me in like 1 match, d00d. . . . not so awsm . . . =(
good stuff in doubs, though. Hope we can play again. . . in like a year when I make it there again. . . lol
9: Ryu Cloud: I feel bad, cause I didnt remember youre screen name. . . but if you were te falco I played in friendlies and teams, nice job! You couldve defintely made it another spot or two. You played a lil like skillz. I didnt watch your matches though, so it mightve been the jitterz. . . ive been there a too many times. . . (i could give you several replays of them, too =p)
9: Andy: ANDAAAAY!! That puff is DEFINITELY getting that vegas shoutout next tournament. GreatJob with your bracket performance. Deserves a borat "Very Nice!!"
13: Bailey: Holy red baloons inflated in a hippo's colon! Thanks a bunch for the sweat, bud! Falcon deserves just as much glory and sometimes I dont pay enough of my respects to him with an ample amount of knees each match. You definitely deserve the falcon hype award for this tourney.
13: Diesel: Ahhhhh DIESEL!!! Sorry most of my matches almost put you to sleep there! =D Once i get more comfortable ill throw in a few more of those reverse fair/bair combos.
And holy ****! As Ive been typin in these shoutouts, I completly forgot to ask you at the tourney about this "Kadoubah's" that you mentioned in one of your commentaries . . . . kinda sounds like maybe sort of a neat place to eat. . . . possibly. . . .
we dont have this place in vegas . . . should I try it before I leave???
13: Crush: lol, im not sure what the "speechless" means, exactly. . . . I hope it's good, lol.
congratz on doing well. I heard you were surprising a lot of ppl. Wish we coulda played. . . =/
13: Sora: Needed more flaming arrows
17: Pyn: Shoutouts for being the second player in probracket that I didnt get a match/friendly with. . . . and by 'shoutouts', I mean not so much . . . . Lamesauce, costco-sized =(
17: Blanky: Hey stranger. . . NIce mario. . . coulda used more soul reads. . . =D

SOLAR: We didnt get our match. . . . mai bad =(, you were too busy being a boss in bracket
Aber: Nice job on second! I would try removing fsmash out of your game completely for a bit while you get more comfortable with your grab/aerial game, you can always put the smash back in once you find better spots to put them in (end of combos instead of using as approaches). . . just my opinion, though. . . so take with a grain of salt (maybe a couple grains, even?)
Tyz: didnt play you. . . but I watched some of the hella hype marth ditto LFs. . . pretty fun!
Derrit: Barret!! I wont ever forget your name now!! =D
Lemon: . . . . not Limes? . . . WTF?!?! Have you not had Coronas before?!?!? ERRRRAH!!
JDog: Really enjoyed the teams games the night before, real nice tech skill in the face of pressure.
Mars: you should laser dair/nair approach more, and then throw in a laser-> grab when you think theyre ready for your dair w/ a sheild, you def had the tech for it. . . . I hear it goes well w/ your char. Give it a shot a bunch of times, see how it works. ;D

And to Yong, DarkDragoon, Zebra, Ricardo, Len, Egg$, Kenny, Zao, and ****: I didnt play anyof you guys (or I did, but it was in teams with skillz or ryu, and those are a blur) , bleh. . . =S
I shouldve just started butting my way into as many rotations as I could that day (like an *******) and play everyone at least once. I'll do better next time when I come down here in the ec again (and I will be here again) either in the winter or summer next year. Hope the tourneys are still there =P

QTip: Wish I had a qtip right now, actually. . . .

MoolahMike: Woulda been a fun ditto. . . .
Thanks for Payday

O yeah, almost forgot (thanks for reminding me, TRUHH!!! I see you lurkin!)
Shoutouts to Vegas (702! whuddup!), for the practice gettign up to that point! thanks for the spacie training n support. . . basically the only chars I played again that day (with the occasional sheik and falcon. . . ganon. . .
. . . . dezzle! =D . . .
)

Have a hella good one, everyone! Til next time!
Latez!

zebra

Smash Cadet
Too lazy to do shoutouts, no one knows who I am, no one cares.

Sorry everyone who was there at the end for making you guys look for slox, that was just...

Anway:

$Slox: good ****
Swift: good ****
Strawhats: lol at not coming
QPAC: Yeah, we need to play, how about this friday-saturday?
Aber: Good **** winning amateur, also see above^
Qtip: All of our matches were soo close and I feel like that set could have gone either way. Good marth lookin sexy keep it up
Diesel: Good ****ing commentary as always
MDZ: Like I said, I'm honored you went your main and showed me your true face.
Maffia: It's like when there's an innocent little 10 year old kid who loves nothing in the world but Smash like Crush and then that kid starts going on /b/ and then becomes something dark and unwanted.
Solar: You're no amateur...
Bolt: good **** missing this tournament
Crazycloud: texted you to see if you were coming, no respose, disappeared, we need to have another smashfest at the very least...
Tyz: I know you hate your tag lol, lemme know if you're around this Friday-Sat too thinking of having a smashfest at my house if ppl are down
No Johns: Good **** for hating ppl from ct
HOG owner: Good **** trolling everyone and being chill as always. You were cool about me telling you that slox was missing too, pretty collected.
Taco bell server: You're no Sabrina...
Taco bell food: Delicious as always
Th0rn: good work winning, you obviously ***** me in that one falco ditto we did + that one stock I took off as Flacon =/
Blanky: Next time my Luigi WILL prevail.. muwahaha
Other Luigi players: You only wish you could rising tornado like me...
People who only know how to play top tier characters and have never toughed low(er) tiered ones: The most fun you can have playing this game imo is low tiers...
Sonic drive-thru line: Why so long?
Missing Persons report: good **** not having to file you
UV: Good work at your first tournament, even though after you told me you don't really care about this game, that broke my heart.

"Yes. I always tech in place, I'm always Mewtwo, and I always teleport."

WeaponBD

Smash Cadet
I don't really know everyone's tag, so if I met you but don't mention you don't take offense.

Singles
Pro
1: th0rn ($149)-Didn't play, but glad you keep coming to these tourneys.
2: Swiftbass ($67) Fun set and friendlies. Real chill dude (with a FAST fox.) Thanks for co-hosting.
3: JPeG ($42) Nothin like watching a nasty falcon. Love the combos.
4: Skillznasty ($24) I see you've started using fox against peach. Good call.
5: Mafia ($12) Thanks for the tips. Looking forward to training with your crew this summer. All peach next time, bc if you don't, who will?
5: Qpac ($12) Hadn't met you before, glad I did this time. Didn't realize how good you were because I played you so early in the day. Nice job getting 5th!
7: WeaponX-
7: s l o x-Nice fox. Was good to warm up against a good player.
9: Banks-love that sheik. Gotta get some help from you with that matchup.
9: AwsmSean-owned us in teams. Nice switch to Luigi in our match, lucky game for me.
9: Ryu Cloud-Hadn't played you before, I was impressed.
9: Andy-embrace the peach jiggly matchup. Bairing is fun!
13: Bailey-hope you keep coming to tourneys. One of my favorite people in the smash community. Leave that Luigi in NH next time (bc it owned me).
13: Diesel-Hilarious commentary. We had a BRUTAL draw in brackets. We did alright.
13: Crush-Gonna be real good.
13: Sora-I'm starting to learn that young link matchup thanks to you. Still...stay away from me in bracket/pools. Scary opponent
17: Pyn-good stuff getting out of pools.
17: Blanky-that was a fun pool we had. Lot of Mario/Luigi action. Nice job achieving your goal and avenging your mass madness performance.

Amateur
1: SOLAR ($32)-second amateur bracket in a row won by a peach. While you usually make pro bracket, not bad to pick up some cash!
2: Aber ($16) Nice job, and now you get to watch vids of yourself.
3: Tyz ($5) Awesome pools match. I knew you'd make it far in bracket.
4: Derrit So excited to see the NH crew come to this. Lot of fun playing friendlies with you. That Falco is looking good, and I'm sure will be even better next time.
5: Lemon-can't put the name to the face, but I've played you at mass madness. Nice job.
5: JDog-intense friendlies at the end there. You got that peach matchup down. Looking forward to playing you again.
7: Yong-as I've said before, don't understand how you lose ever. Best samus I've ever played. Your peach isn't too shabby either.
7: DarkDragoon-I like that you play so many characters. Nice sheik.
9: Zebra-hope to see you at a mass madness. Fun pools match. Keep showing up and playing good people and you'll do well.
9: Mars-
9: Ricardo
9: Len-Nice Luigi. I needed that Luigi practice. I played THREE Luigi's in tournament. Hope you and the NH crew show up again.
13: QTip
13: Egg$
13: Kenny
13: Zao
17: MattDotZeb (Acted as a Bye)-thanks for hosting another great tournament. I probably wouldn't be playing the game anymore if you weren't keeping Mass going. Much appreciated.
17: ****

Ryucloud

Smash Journeyman
A Place Where *****s Are Real=Rhode Island BABY!!!
9: Ryu Cloud: I feel bad, cause I didnt remember youre screen name. . . but if you were te falco I played in friendlies and teams, nice job! You couldve defintely made it another spot or two. You played a lil like skillz. I didnt watch your matches though, so it mightve been the jitterz. . . ive been there a too many times. . . (i could give you several replays of them, too =p)
!
Yeah that was me we played on teams too when skillz went to sign up for doubles :p

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Zebra: I actually rofl'd upon reading that.
Jpeg: I think you mean "Qdoba". The finest eatery on the eastern seaboard. Either way, I need to play you. If I put a bag on your face and a bit more flash in your combos I could pretend you're $mike.
Weaponx: True. Thing is, that captain falcon guy can be a bit of a jerk to her, and that fox with a gun kicks her in the face a lot. Who gave that fox a gun? That's just a bad idea. Anyway, yeah, you're very correct. My peach will always need work and not playing her isn't doing her any favours.

Dirt Nasty crew, Attendants of this tournament, and all of New England: You guys are awesome and half the fun of the tournament is being able to see so many different people. The other half is playing you :D I can't wait to play you all again, and I'll try my hardest to do you all proud at Genesis.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
Zebra: I actually rofl'd upon reading that.
Jpeg: I think you mean "Qdoba". The finest eatery on the eastern seaboard. Either way, I need to play you. If I put a bag on your face and a bit more flash in your combos I could pretend you're $mike.
Weaponx: True. Thing is, that captain falcon guy can be a bit of a jerk to her, and that fox with a gun kicks her in the face a lot. Who gave that fox a gun? That's just a bad idea. Anyway, yeah, you're very correct. My peach will always need work and not playing her isn't doing her any favours.

Dirt Nasty crew, Attendants of this tournament, and all of New England: You guys are awesome and half the fun of the tournament is being able to see so many different people. The other half is playing you :D I can't wait to play you all again, and I'll try my hardest to do you all proud at Genesis.
We should meet up and play so that you can be in tip top shape for Genesis

You'll do awesome :)

Egg$

Smash Cadet
Had a great time at this event. Good matches and another Yoshi? Good god what is this world coming too haha. Kardi kicks my *** everytime but its cool. Cant wait for next tourney always have fun at em. Mafia, hope we can do another yoshi MM ill stop rolling so much haha.

Max?

Smash Champion
lol holy ****, greg bailey still plays melee.
You're CashMooney right? The Bailey at this tournament was from NH and I'm 99% sure it's not the same guy, altho the Bailey from Rockland who used to host tournies at the Nanuet venue where No Johns are held now STILL plays and came out to the No Johns two or three weeks ago.

I 4 stocked him twice first round of brackets.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
hey guys so this tournament was tons of fun! it was great playing you all again, or in some cases playing you for the first time. i have short shoutouts maybe i'll add more later.

Qpac: you're hilarious. i love your laugh it makes me giggle and your fox is all tech-y and flashy.

Tyz: ......... you. Grr.

WepX: Your peach gives me the hardest time in the world but I still love playing it, you have singlehandedly gotten me better at the peach matchup and I thank you for it. Hopefully next time dudutsai comes!

Sora: We never did play our money match but props for young link you did some pretty smexy stuff. between me and you we screwed up our pool pretty well good for us i think. speaking of which...

SOLAR: it was great to see you again, I really like playing against you. You put things in a neat perspective and I still remember the tips you gave me at mass madness 2 years ago.

Zao: How's that ginger ale?

Yoshi: What since when are you in SSBM? I'm pretty sure this is the only time anyone has ever played two yoshis in a row in bracket. ever.

There are more but I waited too long and forgot who was who :/

To everyone who complimented my falco or said 'that guy's legit' while I was playing: You are the reason I keep playing and trying to get better, if I lived closer I'd be at these events all the time leveling up with you all. Love to everyone

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Next up: Mass Madness
followed by: Hall of Gaming
followed by: Possible RHODE ISLAND tournament?!

Dates and whatnot coming after Genesis :)

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
You're CashMooney right? The Bailey at this tournament was from NH and I'm 99% sure it's not the same guy, altho the Bailey from Rockland who used to host tournies at the Nanuet venue where No Johns are held now STILL plays and came out to the No Johns two or three weeks ago.

I 4 stocked him twice first round of brackets.
haha, way to ninja respond to my post :p

cash mooney was my alias, yes. that's definitely not the same guy.

but damn. oh well. he was an old friend of mine, and i was sure he had quit. thanks for the confirmation!

bailey4862

Smash Rookie
Sorry to disappoint. If I could talk to this other Bailey I could convince him to play again because we have the same last name.

Top Bottom