• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half-Life 2 (Including the Orange Box) Mystery Portal Update!

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
TF2 update:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/

So now I take back what I said earlier about the sandvich sucking. It heals 100% HP now with the taunt method and you can now throw it to get 50% or something :S

Also, blut and ubersaw were balanced out with their downgrades :D

EDIT: Oh they didn't balance out ubersaw yet... Still, I'm sure we can expect it next update

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Fixed Spies speaking their response rules lines after killing a player as the class they were disguised as
Aw man I loved that, it made dominations that much cooler.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
How can you possibly hate Granary? I feel all jealous of you guys who play on pc. I really need to buy it on steam now that I have my laptop, but until I can afford it I guess I'm stuck on the 360.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
pc is seriously the way(only) to go. I love badlands,granary and really starting to dig yukon. I remember playtesting that map on the {TF2F}servers with the mapmaker. The map has really progressed since then.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Anyone have an IP to a 24 man vanilla server? Preferably CP maps?

It's so hard to find vanilla servers....
Put "do not include" on increased_maxplayers, norespawntimes, and respawntimes. Sort by IP [lowest to most], check the maps. First one with a decent map is a Vanilla server usually.

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
How can you possibly hate Granary? I feel all jealous of you guys who play on pc. I really need to buy it on steam now that I have my laptop, but until I can afford it I guess I'm stuck on the 360.
I think it's $20 :S

Also, don't buy it if you are gonna play on a laptop. Most laptops have integrated graphics and let's just say, TF2 doesn't agree with an integrated graphics card lol...

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
Meh. It always seems to me as a worse Well. Maybe I'm not playing it properly, but I never enjoy it with any of my main classes. (Spy, Heavy)

Although I did have a great time on it on Sudden Death once. The server turned the entire team into Heavies and only let us use our fists. Good times.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I think it's $20 :S

Also, don't buy it if you are gonna play on a laptop. Most laptops have integrated graphics and let's just say, TF2 doesn't agree with an integrated graphics card lol...
I play TF2 on my 13.3'' Macbook Pro running Windows XP in bootcamp which has integrated graphics lol. It was lagging really bad so I had to turn all of the settings/effects to low/off to make the game run more smoothly. It only really lags when there is a lot of players/action on the screen at once.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
I play TF2 on my 13.3'' Macbook Pro running Windows XP in bootcamp which has integrated graphics lol. It was lagging really bad so I had to turn all of the settings/effects to low/off to make the game run more smoothly. It only really lags when there is a lot of players/action on the screen at once.
Phew! I was getting worried that I shouldn't buy it now. I really like small-er-ish servers better anyways. 7 v 7 is my favorite on 360, and I doubt I'd really like anything bigger unless I turn into a beast and start blowing everything to crap.

Also, I know it's only $20, but I'm a cash strapped college student :chuckle:

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Or is it? ......................................................................

Yes it probably is. But remember the Jarate 'Aprils Fools' joke? They can do anything really.

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
Or is it? ......................................................................

Yes it probably is. But remember the Jarate 'Aprils Fools' joke? They can do anything really.
I wouldn't play TF2 if it had dogs. The game is already really balanced as it is. Besides, it was a joke.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I guessed from your username...

Besides my problem is that this dog doesn't seem to have a role to play. Engy, defense, Pyro , ambush ect.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Granary fails in large servers [> 24 player, but sometimes even > 16], and faster respawn. It's an excellent comp map, but pubs? Depends on the settings.

Dog looks dumb.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Granary fails in large servers [> 24 player, but sometimes even > 16], and faster respawn. It's an excellent comp map, but pubs? Depends on the settings.

Dog looks dumb.
Agreed on the pubs theory. It's amazing when you have two competent teams going(and I'm playing Scout).

Day 2 of update is out with two new maps.

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
Day two of the fake dog update has two new maps and some dog hats.

Agreeing with most everyone else and saying the dog would be really game-breaking if it was real.
Oh. I thought they were going to drop the dog thing awhile ago. It's a horrible idea anyway, it's just the update page makes it look better than it is.

I liked the zebra mounts idea better :p

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
I don't know, the dog concept would be pretty good if

a. It wasn't gamebreaking
and;
b. It looked a LOT better.

Although zebra mounts is the best idea I've heard in a while. I love it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
TF2 is now $2.49 at the moment!

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/29/team-fortress-2-knocked-to-2-49-for-the-next-two-hours/
http://kotaku.com/5392858/a-very-team-fortress-2-halloween

"If you grab it now (or if you already have it), you can enjoy the first annual Team Fortress Haunted Halloween Special, which will bring new haunted maps, exploding pumpkins and update-specific Steam Achievements."

"The spirit of Halloween has infected Valve's Team Fortress 2 Team, spawning a Haunted Hallowe'en Special update, complete with new achievements, a ghost-infested new map, exploding pumpkins, and scary hats!

Today through November 2nd, Valve invites the spirits of the dead into Team Fortress 2 in the form of terrifying paper bag hats. The masks are unlocked via five new update-specific achievements, with names like "Candy Coroner" and "Attack O' Lantern," the latter of which might have something to do with the exploding pumpkins added in the update.

The update also brings a new KOTH map called Harvest, through which wanders the restless spirit of Zepheniah Mann. Crossing his path will cause you to freeze with terror, leaving you open to all sorts of deadly Halloween mischief. On top of that, "the mangled corpses of the recently deceased will plague the living… with candy!" I have no idea what that means, and I'm a little scared to find out."

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Argh, I just missed the last few hats they were giving away.
I logged in, and it said "You're in luck! We still have ghastly accoutrements left!"
And by the time I clicked it, they were out. Man people are fast.

Top Bottom