• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ha Ha Ha! The Wario Social

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
One word: GO!
lmao

In all seriousness tho, is there any kind of guide or even like smashboards thread I can sift through here that can explain some of warios moves and stuff like that?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
lmao

In all seriousness tho, is there any kind of guide or even like smashboards thread I can sift through here that can explain some of warios moves and stuff like that?
Use Down Air and Down Smash...

But seriously I looked at the frame data thread for Wario its pretty good.
Pro Tip btw: Wario's down smash's hit-boxes are freaking huge, so huge that they extend over the sides of the stage. Use this to **** with other players, especially the Jigglypuff ones

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
How useful is Wario's crawl?
If you can vibrate your control stick between down and down+left/right, Wario twerks better than any girl could. Do she got a booty? She do.

The speed and hurtbox size of the crawl is nothing special, so unless you're too close to the ledge for a wavedash+edgehog, you can crawl there instead. That's the only practical use I can come up with.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Is it me, or do I find Wario's weird psuedo crouch cancelled wavedash faster than his actual wavedash.

Last edited:

0RLY

Mc.Rad Mc.Rad crouching during a wave dash does not increase it's speed or distance traveled.

A mind game I just discovered is that you can crawl backwards at the ledge to trick your opponent into thinking you're planning on edge hogging. You can get spacies to side-b into you instead of into the ledge by doing this. If Fox, you'll cc the illusion and can punish or waft. If Falco, you get knocked down if you continue crouching, but you can just preemptively attack.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Mc.Rad Mc.Rad crouching during a wave dash does not increase it's speed or distance traveled.

A mind game I just discovered is that you can crawl backwards at the ledge to trick your opponent into thinking you're planning on edge hogging. You can get spacies to side-b into you instead of into the ledge by doing this. If Fox, you'll cc the illusion and can punish or waft. If Falco, you get knocked down if you continue crouching, but you can just preemptively attack.
No I wasn't talking about a wave dash, I was talking about a regular dash.

Also very interesting, I'll have to incorporate that sometime soon...

after I try to stop playing wonderful 101

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
My training mode shenanigans are amazing.
I just pushed DK to the edge and K.O.'d him with my down smash while he was grabbing the ledge
I also crouch cancelled my Down B so it didn't do full hight but the hitbox was still active and did a forward smash after that once.

Last edited:

moremichaelnow

Smash Rookie
Is there a reason why a Shoulder Bash into the side of a stage depletes Wario's double jump? I assume if Wario could double jump after this It would make his off-stage tricksys better.

0RLY

moremichaelnow moremichaelnow

Just about every move that can be considered a recovery move in pm depletes your double jump. It was to universally weaken recoveries because recovering was too good/easy. Obviously every character would be better without this, but the game is more fun when edge guards are successful not when recoveries are successful.

Player-3

Smash Hero
been messing around with uncharged fthrow techchasing at mid %s (~20-50ish) on floaty chars like pikachu that you cant do guarenteed uthrow/dthrow stuff to

pretty good, forces knockdown at those %s if they're DI'ing to get out of dthrow knockdowns, gives you a solid mixup techchase throw

Agi

Smash Lord
Okay, Smashboards. Bad. I told you to WATCH this forum and tell me if anything was happening in it. Now I've missed months of discussion.

Anime

Smash Journeyman
Going to Music City in Tennesse was rough. So much matchup knowledge about wario.

Top Bottom