• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide Gyro Reverse Throw

XenobladeChespin

Smash Rookie
XenobladeChespin submitted a new guide:

Gyro Reverse Throw - This guide describes the process and usage of reverse throwing the Gyro.

Reverse Throwing the Gyro is a technique that R.O.B. can perform. All characters with items can reverse throw, but as I play R.O.B., I will describe the application and usage for him.

How To Reverse Throw

Reverse Throwing is pretty self explanatory. When R.O.B. is holding the gyro, he can throw it in all 4 directions, being up, down, left, and right. Reverse Throwing is the process of throwing your item in the direction your character is not facing in the air. Set up your reverse...
Read more about this guide...

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Well, you somehow convinced me that this is more or less a technique, but I want to say a few things.
  • You might want to note that a turnaround/B reverse gyro cancel can also have the same effect. but only when you don't have the gyro out
  • "Throwing backwards makes you enter the same throwing animation as throwing forwards" is actually incorrect; there's different frame data for when you throw the item forward as backwards, so I'm pretty sure there's a different animation.
  • I'd also argue that using the gyro to turn around isn't really worth it, but stuff like this can always end up in my play anyway I guess

Welcome to Smashboards btw, feel free to introduce yourself in the Welcome Center.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Everything is a technique. But not everything is an AT.

If you want to Bair edgeguarders then you could also try reversing with ^B and then using a Z-Drop Bair where you recatch the Gyro during the Bair. I do not know if you know about Z-Dropping but if you do not then you should try it since it is pretty neat for using Aerials while holding your Gyro without losing your Gyro.

Top Bottom