• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guys, why? Why do you keep doing this?

AngryPiratehat

Smash Apprentice
I watch way too many Yoshi's do the ground pound (down-B) in neutral. STOP PLEASE. Just because you're high up doesn't mean it's a good idea to do the ground pound! It makes you super exposed for a while especially when your opponent is on you!

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
downB in neutral is bad, but if you have stage control and even a little momentum, it can work wonders, even if you miss

didds

Smash Lord
I'll use it to get down sometimes when I have no jump. I'd rather take the punish for a jump refresh than potentially get knocked off stage without it

AngryPiratehat

Smash Apprentice
all of the footage I've seen with this in it, no one has had stage control. And also, down-b is an easily beaten move. it CAN cost you a stock sometimes. Just be careful guys.

Mumbo

Smash Journeyman
Down b in neutral is good to use very occasionally because it forces your opponent to play around it, even if you do not do it that often, and that is actually a huge advantage.

Top Bottom