• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guys ever noticed that Mr. Game & Watch is a series of 2d sprites?

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Nah pretty sure he's designed that way lol and Sakurai's said it like a million times since he's an original character made to be reflective of the original Game and watch hardware... I thought everyone knew how obvious this was lol, and the few that didn't notice just didn't care... And I'm pretty sure he's just a 3d model whose model's width was flattened to 0, so he isn't actually 2d... Just a simply designed 3d model that lacks width...

DestinyShark

Smash Rookie
Nah pretty sure he's designed that way lol and Sakurai's said it like a million times since he's an original character made to be reflective of the original Game and watch hardware... I thought everyone knew how obvious this was lol, and the few that didn't notice just didn't care... And I'm pretty sure he's just a 3d model whose model's width was flattened to 0, so he isn't actually 2d... Just a simply designed 3d model that lacks width...
yea the paper Mario trophies are also this

Yes, we know that DestinyShark.
Also why are you following me?

I made a YouTube vid about it
link : https://youtu.be/g_rw6lXtDa8

Trevenant

Smash Lord
yea the paper Mario trophies are also this

Also why are you following me?

I made a YouTube vid about it
link : https://youtu.be/g_rw6lXtDa8
Yeah, again, Game and Watch not being fully 3d is really well known in the community as it was made that way deliberately... It's n original character used to reference the old Game and Watch handhelds, which only used LCD shenanigans... I doubt they could even be considered sprites... The thing is they are 3d models tho... They are just flattened so the only angles where he has actual measurements are across the x and y axis... That's why in some cases, like when summoning him via amiibo, you can clearly see he's a 3d model, which I assume is to do with him being viewed in his in game form, whilst not actually partaking in a match which would eliminate any real necessity to mess with the camera unlike the one that's used in matches... Of course, I'm talking based on Ultimate... Smash 3ds may have had some of this stuff tho

Top Bottom