• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gunvolt Strikes!

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Hello! Count me in for Gunvolt support; I had no idea there was a thread. I really like this little series; it at first steemed from being into Inti Creates' MM games, and how at the time there wasn't much MM stuff, so I just gave it a shot on that front. I ended up liking it a lot on its own rights; I'm glad to see how much the series has grown since its start. I'm also pretty excited for ASG3!

Either way, I dunno how likely he is, but I think he could be pretty cool.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
With both Travis Touchdown and Shovel Knight practically deconfirmed, I'd say Gunvolt stands a better chance as far as potential Indie candidates are concerned. Besides Shantae, I can't think of any other Indie fighter that could beat him to the punch.

I'm really looking forward to Gunvolt 3. If Gunvolt turns out to be one of the remaining four fighters (unlikely, I know), I think revealing him near the release of his third game would be quite fitting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
With both Travis Touchdown and Shovel Knight practically deconfirmed, I'd say Gunvolt stands a better chance as far as potential Indie candidates are concerned. Besides Shantae, I can't think of any other Indie fighter that could beat him to the punch.

I'm really looking forward to Gunvolt 3. If Gunvolt turns out to be one of the remaining four fighters (unlikely, I know), I think revealing him near the release of his third game would be quite fitting.
If we really want to be technical, there's still Blaster Master Zero's version of Jason, seeing as his franchise has been around longer than Gunvolt and Bloodstained combined.

D

Deleted member

So, that Sumeragi Logo on Gunvolt's Jacket in Gunvolt 3. Some people are wondering if that means he's a villain now. Which was a scrapped concept for Gunvolt 2.

What are your guys' opinions on that idea in of itself? Me persoanlly I think it would depend on how they go about it.

Altais

Smash Champion
If we really want to be technical, there's still Blaster Master Zero's version of Jason, seeing as his franchise has been around longer than Gunvolt and Bloodstained combined.
Totally forgot about Jason. Can definitely see him getting in before Gunvolt.

So, that Sumeragi Logo on Gunvolt's Jacket in Gunvolt 3. Some people are wondering if that means he's a villain now. Which was a scrapped concept for Gunvolt 2.

What are your guys' opinions on that idea in of itself? Me persoanlly I think it would depend on how they go about it.
I, too, was caught off guard by this when I first saw it.

Given his traumatic past and the choices he made in spite of it, in mine opinion it would take a lot to push Gunvolt down the path of darkness. Unlike Copen, whom was blinded by revenge, Gunvolt is a mediator whom prefers to fight his inner demon in favour of companionship. So as long as Gunvolt has at least one tie of friendship, I'd say his chances of turning evil are fairly low. It's possible Sumeragi turned good, but given the events in Luminous Avenger iX, I doubt it. Ergo, if I were to make an educated guess, I'd say Gunvolt joined Sumeragi as a double agent. There must something or someone dear to him at stake, and the only way to save/protect it was to side with the enemy. In a nutshell: strange bedfellows.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Huh. I thought you played the Gunvolt games. In any case, they’re basically the main antagonist group. A corrupt corporation seeking to control Adepts.
only the first one and it was a while ago now. couldnt bring myself to play the second one cause i hate copen

Altais

Smash Champion
Really looking forward to Blaster Master Zero 3. After the ending of BMZ2, I was really hoping to see a sequel.

It's a shame Gunvolt 3 won't be coming out until 2022, but I'd rather have a late release than a rushed game.

Again, at this point I'm no longer holding out hopes for Gunvolt being in Smash, especially since Nintendo is calling the shots on whom is being added as DLC. The only way I see Gunvolt getting in at this point is if Sakurai takes an interest in him, and decides to add more characters on his own--which I am not expecting at all. I'm honestly surprised we've already gotten as much DLC fighters as we have.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord

I consider Gunvolt to be THE underdog Smash character as of now.

Gunvolt has upsides that neither Reimu, Quote, and other indies don't have.

He doesn't have the large legacy Touhou has, but he need to use Fan-Patches and rely on fanwork in order to have a proper international presence (which i consider a death sentence for Reimu) so i think Gunvolt wins out despite being a far shorter and smaller franchise.

Unlike Quote, his series became an actual well............series, rather than a one-off that got ported over and over. Plus, there's no Drama regarding Inti Creates unlike whatever is happening at Nicalis (which i don't think disqualifies Quote, but it's still worth mentioning) so there's that as well.

I also think it being a Japanese company also helps, it's just much easier to negotiate with Japanese Companies than Western ones, another advantage Gunvolt has.

I also belive that Smaller characters are usually saved for the last reveals, so i can see him being the last character.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Really looking forward to Blaster Master Zero 3. After the ending of BMZ2, I was really hoping to see a sequel.

It's a shame Gunvolt 3 won't be coming out until 2022, but I'd rather have a late release than a rushed game.

Again, at this point I'm no longer holding out hopes for Gunvolt being in Smash, especially since Nintendo is calling the shots on whom is being added as DLC. The only way I see Gunvolt getting in at this point is if Sakurai takes an interest in him, and decides to add more characters on his own--which I am not expecting at all. I'm honestly surprised we've already gotten as much DLC fighters as we have.
hes already added quite a few characters of his own

Altais

Smash Champion

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hmm, that is possible. I just assumed it was Nintendo's choice, due to the below article.

i think sakurai first agreed with that during smash 4's dlc cycle and he still put in a tone of them. and when it came down to rex by himself or pyra/mythra he chose the latter

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We didn’t even get a single piece of Gunvolt content this time, let alone Gunvolt himself… I hope the series at least gets acknowledged next game

Top Bottom