• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gunner's MU with 3312 0/0

B-Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
BBlack2
3DS FC
2681-1589-1276
What's up everybody?

B-Black here.

I have played the character for a long time with this set but still don't know exactly every MU. That's why I need your opinion so we can help each other about how can we counter them.

I choose this set and w/h because it seems to be the optimal choice of the gunner, as it can zoning, trapping, breaking shields well and its insane mobility with these techniques such as Rever FAir, B neutral momentum: this character should not be underestimated at all.

Let's begin with Mario, shall we?
It is a tough challenge to approach him as he can reflect our projectiles with his Cape and he has the Fireball to stop some of our projectiles. Plus he has good mobility, combos compared to us.
35/65

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
What's up everybody?

B-Black here.

I have played the character for a long time with this set but still don't know exactly every MU. That's why I need your opinion so we can help each other about how can we counter them.

I choose this set and w/h because it seems to be the optimal choice of the gunner, as it can zoning, trapping, breaking shields well and its insane mobility with these techniques such as Rever FAir, B neutral momentum: this character should not be underestimated at all.

Let's begin with Mario, shall we?
It is a tough challenge to approach him as he can reflect our projectiles with his Cape and he has the Fireball to stop some of our projectiles. Plus he has good mobility, combos compared to us.
35/65
The Gunner and Mario boards discussed this matchup already, and both sides pretty much think that it is around 40:60 (The link to the discussion is in the Mii Gunner matchup thread). While Gunner does get annoyed by Mario's reflector, we can still outrange Mario and juggle him. With Gunner at 0/0, Gunner is more mobile than Mario, and the increased mobility can help alleviate some of the problems Gunner has in that matchup. I personally think that the matchup is 40:60 at worst if not 45:55.

B-Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
BBlack2
3DS FC
2681-1589-1276
Alright. That was fast! Thanks for the info.

Next: Luigi

I think we can zoning him out like hell because how low his mobility is and we can edgeguard him too with Grenades, Bombs and even the UpB to semi-spike.
We have like 60-40

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Literally everything beats Up B, so I don't really think of it as much of a feature in that match-up lol.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
I have tried to get Luigi mains to discuss the matchup with us, but I haven't gotten anything back from them. Do you guys want to discuss any other matchups?

B-Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
BBlack2
3DS FC
2681-1589-1276
The 1st MU I don't know is Peach-Gunner.
Peach can do massive damage in the air but we can launch projectiles since she stands still in the air. But I don't know tho. Seems that Peach is underrated.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
The 1st MU I don't know is Peach-Gunner.
Peach can do massive damage in the air but we can launch projectiles since she stands still in the air. But I don't know tho. Seems that Peach is underrated.
I think that we win that matchup since we control the neutral, and we are not able to get hit by some of Peach's best options (her infinite combo does not work on Gunner). Gunner also juggles Peach pretty hard in this matchup. We should ask the Peach boards for their input on this matchup before putting a ratio on it.

B-Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
BBlack2
3DS FC
2681-1589-1276
That would be great, mate. We need them to set this MU.
ZSS now. Do you think she can counter us?
I mean, she needs the Nair to do some setup against the gunner,and she has good speed and powerful attacks.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
That would be great, mate. We need them to set this MU.
ZSS now. Do you think she can counter us?
I mean, she needs the Nair to do some setup against the gunner,and she has good speed and powerful attacks.
I think that matchup is slightly in Gunner's favor since Gunner can zone out ZSS pretty easily, and the nerf to ZSS hurts her reward enough to allow gunner to win. With Gunner's zoning options, she should not be able to land too many nairs in this matchup. While her combo game is very strong, her power is not that great. Gunner also combos and juggles ZSS well because she is a fastfaller. Although she can kill us quickly if she confirms into her Flip Jump, Gunner's ability to control the stage should be able to give him/her the advantage.

B-Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
BBlack2
3DS FC
2681-1589-1276
Yes, as she is light and tall, we can actually zone her pretty easily, but as you stated, we need to watch out her aerials because she has two attacks safe on shield and great knockback. The only projectile is the paralyzer, but that's not a problem since we have many ways to counter it.

How about DDK? This one is kind of tricky because of its agility and patient gameplay.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
Yes, as she is light and tall, we can actually zone her pretty easily, but as you stated, we need to watch out her aerials because she has two attacks safe on shield and great knockback. The only projectile is the paralyzer, but that's not a problem since we have many ways to counter it.

How about DDK? This one is kind of tricky because of its agility and patient gameplay.
Do you mean Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong? Since I think that you are talking about Diddy Kong, I will start with him. Diddy Kong can't play very patiently against Gunner's camping. Although his neutral is really good Gunner has the advantage in that area of the game. With 3312 0/0 gunner, it is pretty easy to use his banana against him and keep his banana from him. While Diddy Kong can mix up his landing with wave bouncing, Gunner can still use gundashing to stop him from landing. I think that Gunner has the advantage in this matchup since Diddy Kong is somewhat easy to gimp, and Gunner has control of the neutral in this matchup. It is a little easier than ZSS since his combo game isn't as good as hers. Donkey Kong is a matchup that I think Gunner wins 60:40 because Donkey Kong is pretty easy to zone out and juggle. Although Donkey Kong has a great kill confirm and good edgeguarding, his struggles in approaching, landing, and recovering against Gunner give him a disadvantage.

B-Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
BBlack2
3DS FC
2681-1589-1276
Does Villager hard counter him or is it even?
Because it can pocket our projectiles and can edgegard us with its bowling ball.
And how his Lloid can absorb 2 projectiles before it is destroyed.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
Does Villager hard counter him or is it even?
Because it can pocket our projectiles and can edgegard us with its bowling ball.
And how his Lloid can absorb 2 projectiles before it is destroyed.
3312 0/0 Gunner beats Villager because Gunner is able to throw out more projectiles than Villager can handle (3312 0/0 gunner doesn't really get bothered by pocket). Due to 0/0 3312 gunner's great mobility and landing options gunner is able to have more options to deal with lloid and Villager's attack after he uses lloid. Gunner only needs one projectile to cancel out lloid (I just checked). Since Gunner is so mobile, and Villager's grab is slow, Villager won't have a very good time trying to combo Gunner. While bowling ball is a threat to Gunner's recovery, Gunner has more than enough options to avoid that move.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
If still on the topic of zss:
I've fought plenty of zss's at tournies, and it can be quite a tricky mu for us. You can't throw out laggy projectiles like missiles and bombs in neutral as a good zss will just flip kick over them. She does have some trouble getting grabs on gunner tho do to fair spacing. Paralyzer also trades with most if not all of 3312's projectiles I believe. Up close she wins no doubt. In short the mu basically boils down to fairs to poke and camp at a distance, grenades to cover aerial approaches and flip kicks, and very rarely using bombs and missiles do to them being unsafe due to flip kick being a think.
Honestly this is imo a match up where charge shot is superior to grenades, as it's a incredibly strong punish tool for any zss whiffed grabs and flip kicks no matter the range, and it beats out paralyzer.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Only bad mus I experienced with 3312 0\0 Gunner are

Palutena(55-45)
Falco(55-45)
Mario(55-45)
Rosalina(55-45)

These are literally our only bad match ups with small Gunner. These are still very doable tho. Also, small Gunner Isa secret Sheik counter

We can survive so long, kill Sheik super early, missiles go through needles, and runaway and zone her easily.

B-Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
BBlack2
3DS FC
2681-1589-1276
What about Fox, Wii Twerk Trainer?
His speed and moveset can counter the Gunner's gameplay, don't you think?

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
What about Fox, Wii Twerk Trainer?
His speed and moveset can counter the Gunner's gameplay, don't you think?
Fox is an annoyance, but tiny Gunner does decent vs him. About 50/50. We are extremely mobile. Guest size struggles baly tho, due to being slow against fox

B-Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
BBlack2
3DS FC
2681-1589-1276
Does gunner have trouble against another zoning characters such as Mega Man, TL, DHD and Pac-Man?

Top Bottom