• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gun Game :: This Town Aint Big Enough :: End of Game

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
  • All Players naturally start out with a strength of 1. A player dies when their strength reaches 0.
  • A player loses strength when fired upon. Different weapons have different strength values. A weapon with -1/2 strength would require two shots in order to kill a player with a strength of 1.
  • To Fire, use the command: ##Player Name.

Deadline: None
Standard Rules Apply

[1x] Bad Guy
[2x] Good Guys

------------------------
Bad Guy Role
------------------------

You win when the Good Guys can no longer kill you.

Weapons

[1x] Ruger MK II
Strength: -1/2
Bullets: 1

Armor

[1x] Bulletproof Vest
Strength: 1

--------------------------
Good Guy Role

You win when the Bad Guy is dead.

Weapons

[1x] S&W Model 29
Strength: -1

Armor

[1x] None

Standard Rules Apply

[1x] Bad Guy with Really Good Armor
[2x] Good Guys
[1x] Good Guy with Armor

------------------------
Bad Guy Role
------------------------

Weapons

[1x] Ruger MK II

Armor

[1x] Really Good Bulletproof Vest
Strength: 2

Good Guy Role

Weapons

[1x] S&W Model 29

Armor

[1x] None

------------------------------------------
Good Guy with Armor Role

Weapons

[1x] S&W Model 29

Armor

[1x] Bulletproof Vest

Standard Rules Apply

[1x] Bad Guy with Really Good Armor
[2x] Good Guys
[1x] Good Guy with Armor
[1x] Sniper

------------------------
Bad Guy Role
------------------------

Weapons

[1x] Ruger MK II

Armor

[1x] Really Good Bulletproof Vest
Strength: 2

Good Guy Role

Weapons

[1x] S&W Model 29

Armor

[1x] None

Good Guy with Armor Role

Weapons

[1x] S&W Model 29

Armor

[1x] Bulletproof Vest

------------
Sniper
------------

You win when your Target is dead.

Weapons

[1x] Springfield Model 1922
Strength: -1/4
Bullets: 2
Cooldown: 24hrs

This weapon may be fired by private messaging the host.

Armor

[1x] None

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
FoS: Ran

Everyone knows that only bad guys can afford Premium!

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I think we should both shoot Spak. If he's innocent we can blame the mod. Sounds good?
It's starting to feel like a Mexican standoff where one person has a bulletproof vest lol.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Well then, would either of you mind if I take a look at what kinds of guns you wield?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
FoS: Spak

I was gifted premium. If you read the social thread more thoroughly you'd have noticed.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well then, would either of you mind if I take a look at what kinds of guns you wield?
Nah I can't think nor care to think of a reason for you to look at our guns. But you can sit there and try.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's starting to feel like a Mexican standoff where one person has a bulletproof vest lol.
I don't like this comment. I don't find there to be a pro-town motivation for you to say this and if you are town guy then you'd rather keep it hidden not try to wifom whether you are a town guy or not. Saying "I'm probably not a guy with armor guys" is not good signal to the guy who has no armor.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Nah I can't think nor care to think of a reason for you to look at our guns. But you can sit there and try.
It has everyone's guns in the setup description.
I don't like this comment.
That's fine, I'm just trying to make a funny comment to start the game rolling.
I don't find there to be a pro-town motivation for you to say this and if you are town guy then you'd rather keep it hidden not try to wifom whether you are a town guy or not. Saying "I'm probably not a guy with armor guys" is not good signal to the guy who has no armor.
There's no pro-town motivation for it, but there's also no pro-scum motivation. I don't really see any difference because I assumed that we're all claiming the same role no matter what (knowing it's an open setup and there are two good guys, but one bad). I think the statement's rather null, but it's interesting that you say it's "not a good signal to the guy who has no armor," which unless you're confirming that I have no armor (which would be rather problematic for the knowledge of your presumably claimed alignment), would imply that you're claiming you have no armor yourself. That means you're doing the exact same thing you're trying to ping me for, which strikes me as odd.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
EBWOP: Going to bed because I have class at 9:00 AM tomorrow. Talk to you guys later!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
There's no pro-town motivation for it, but there's also no pro-scum motivation. I don't really see any difference because I assumed that we're all claiming the same role no matter what (knowing it's an open setup and there are two good guys, but one bad). I think the statement's rather null, but it's interesting that you say it's "not a good signal to the guy who has no armor," which unless you're confirming that I have no armor (which would be rather problematic for the knowledge of your presumably claimed alignment), would imply that you're claiming you have no armor yourself. That means you're doing the exact same thing you're trying to ping me for, which strikes me as odd.
I actually thought we were in a setup with a good guy without armor and a good guy with armor and bad guy with really good armor but didn't notice that was the setup for four players. In the 3 man setup there is no good guy with armor, I was thinking the other good guy would be a good guy with armor which led me to my feeling of you being scum for seeming to have no confidence in having a vest in which the other good guy (in the hypothetical situation I was thinking of) would have had, which I would expect would be as confident. Now that I understand, I agree that your statement is null and wouldn't matter because only mafia have armor, though to you what I am saying comes from a town mindset because both town players should have no armor otherwise.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I actually thought we were in a setup with a good guy without armor and a good guy with armor and bad guy with really good armor but didn't notice that was the setup for four players. In the 3 man setup there is no good guy with armor, I was thinking the other good guy would be a good guy with armor which led me to my feeling of you being scum for seeming to have no confidence in having a vest in which the other good guy (in the hypothetical situation I was thinking of) would have had, which I would expect would be as confident. Now that I understand, I agree that your statement is null and wouldn't matter because only mafia have armor, though to you what I am saying comes from a town mindset because both town players should have no armor otherwise.
OK, that makes sense. The last part seems very awkwardly worded to me, though; did you men to say that you are coming at this from a town mindset, or I should consider you town based on your claim of having no armor? I have no problem with the first statement (since we're working under the assumption that everyone claims town), but the second doesn't necessarily seem like sufficient grounds to clear you since townslips can be forced with experienced players. Either way, everything past the last comma just seems awkwardly phrased lol.

Also, I agree that Maven needs to get in here.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am saying that I am coming from it with a town mindset. If it isn't clear by now, I don't FOS you right now. It was my mistake, I just didn't read the OP thoroughly enough. I'm not asking to be cleared, but I'm explaining my mistake is coming from a town mindset, who thought he was playing in the second setup (as if there were only 3 instead of 4). The 2x makes it easy to assume it's one instead of two players.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I am saying that I am coming from it with a town mindset. If it isn't clear by now, I don't FOS you right now. It was my mistake, I just didn't read the OP thoroughly enough. I'm not asking to be cleared, but I'm explaining my mistake is coming from a town mindset, who thought he was playing in the second setup (as if there were only 3 instead of 4). The 2x makes it easy to assume it's one instead of two players.
OK, just wanted to make sure because the wording felt a little wierd.

FoS: Maven89 Maven89

It's been a little over a day and a half; get in here.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Spak, give Maven a deadline please.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Uhhhh... Let's give him until Saturday morning at the latest. At this point, he definitely needs to explain himself, though.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Ran, when it rolls around to Saturday morning, would you like to shoot Maven or would you like me to? Provide your reasoning for your answer.

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm sorry I forgot this game existed.

I'd like to take Ran's slip as true, but I don't see how he'd accidentally read setup 2 and believe that was the version we're in. He'd have to skip over the first button to click on it and not realize all the buttons contained setups.

Ran, when it rolls around to Saturday morning, would you like to shoot Maven or would you like me to? Provide your reasoning for your answer.
I want Ranmaru to answer this as if I never showed up

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I will shoot Maven first, yes.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Reasoning: I have no reason to believe you are scum, Spak. I don't believe Maven forgot about the game for that long of a time. It's more likely he saw us both towning it up and couldn't really come up with anything to say. I shall take the initiative and shoot Maven.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This Town ain't big enough for the three of us, said the guy dressed in a Pokemon outfit. I think we should kill that guy for thinkin he's better than us.

I agree this Town is too small, said a man smoking a cigar; however, I assure you, I do not think I am better than you. You see, my fancy attire was but a gift. I am actually a hard working coal miner, and barely make enough to get by. I am like you, you see.

Well alright then. Who we gonna kill?

That fellow over there is awfully quiet. Perhaps we should kill him.

Yeah I like the sound of that. So you gonna shoot 'em?

Just then a sleeping man with a beanie awoke with start. Huh wha- what's goin' on here? Why are you two point'n your guns at me? I ain't do nothin wrong. Also why are you dressed so fancy?

Ha, you really expect us to believe you were asleep just now? Your eyes were open.

You gotta sleep with your eyes open here. You never know when two guys with guns are gonna show up and–

BAM!!

The cigar man fired his weapon. The two others gasped in silence, too shocked to say anything. All that could be heard for miles was the sound of chirping crickets.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Sorry for not being on yesterday, but I was very busy. So what do we have to go off of so far?

Ran - Took the first shot, slightly difficult to believe townslip, but has been active.

Maven - Has been inactive, but says he simply forgot about the game. Not much content to go off of.

ranmaru ranmaru Do you still think Maven is scum?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I still do think he's scum. If he were town he'd try to convince myself or you to reconsider. Also, note this quote:

I'd like to take Ran's slip as true, but I don't see how he'd accidentally read setup 2 and believe that was the version we're in
This reads as him trying to tear down a town read reasoning rather then looking for scum. He has no ammo against you to use from his SCUM!mindset, so his only option is to attack my slip. He also only focuses on the slip, nothing else. He doesn't talk about my early game play or your own. (Which is there for him to use to help him read us)

Top Bottom