• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guinness World Record! **SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED**

MmmM ITZ TastY

Smash Cadet
It was a pleasure being a part of the 24 hour smash-a-thon :) I played for about 2/3 of it. There were definitely many goof around games thrown in to help pass the time. All items on all the maps that are never played....red shells on mute city and FD was pretty entertaining....."kirby soccer" matches and all kinds singles, teams, and whatnot.

ZZZZ who has to be playing the entire 36 hours was there the entire time with only 2 redbulls and 2 cups of coffee. The 36 hour session will definitely be very obtainable and it looks like the stream will hold up well the whole time. :)

Also, for everyone saying this is easy are only half correct. With the proper dedication, yes the time can be achieved by many people on this forum. However the amount of effort that ZZZZ has already put in setting up the time with guinness, getting locolized sponsors, etc etc is huge. Everything with guinness has to be verified and it takes hours of work just to get them to confirm the event before anything can happen.

Thanks for all the support from the forums and I'm sure everyone will be excited to see this record in the hands of the Melee scene :) :)

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
You guys should get Armada and Hungrybox to come to this...
Remove the timer and let them play.
That should kill half the time :troll:

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
And then Guinness starts Johning.

"Sorry guys, Smash Bros ain't a fighting game."
"Sorry guys, no items allowed."
"Sorry guys, some other game community just went 85 hours"
"Sorry guys, new rule says no breaks from anyone."
"Sorry guys, you can't john during the run."
etc.

It'd be nice to see Melee make the records, though.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
this doesn't sound hard, but depending on the rules i can see it actually being REEEEEEEEEEEALLY brutal.

best of luck.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I think we should stop focusing on the difficulty of the record, and instead we should be hyped that someone stepped up to help rep the community. ^_^

LittleBoyLarry

Smash Journeyman
I know a great way to waste time.
you delete all data from the memory card and try to get all the characters/stages again.
that should help.

Varist

Smash Lord
yeah, you can clear the data within the game itself (without turning the console off)

Doc King

Smash Lord
lol. That would make Melee players spend 5 or 10 hours just to unlock mewtwo. You could also play with no memory card. Also, try to invite ppl.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
If all 4 players need to play 36 hours STRAIGHT without any breaks allowed then maybe it'll be pretty hard. =P
I don't know if this is what you mean, but does anyone know if they could literally do it? Like they eat a ****ing huge meal and drink 20 glasses of water. They play on toilets so they don't have to get up. No sleep, no food. Would they just pass out at some point?

ALSO

Yeah mad props for doing this guys, it will definitely expose melee.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I could definitely do that. I'd just need one of those helmets with straws so I can drink water out of it and a person nearby to insert food into my mouth.

WEZL

Smash Cadet
From what ZZZ has told me, he is the only one that actually has to be playing at all times. He will get a 5 minute break every hour but nothing more. The other participants have more leniency in what they can and can't do.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Come on that's it? man give me a couple adderrals and I'll make sure nobody beats my record ever.

Varist

Smash Lord
stfu house if you couldn't do it with vicodin you can't do it with adderrall quit trying to solicit drugs

oliman

Smash Journeyman
this sounds mad easy, yet everyone keeps saying its really hard. did i miss something? this is just a day n a half....

Steelia

Smash Champion
Really, really cool. Best of luck to them, seriously, I'm sure they'll need it. I'd definitely tune in every once in a while to see how they're doing, and watch some matches while doing textures or something.
/subscribes

also any smasher with mewtwo can do this.
:D

Bones0

Smash Legend
Just because no one's taken the time to set up the stuff with Guinness and record them breaking the record doesn't mean plenty of people haven't pretty much done this. Are you telling me out of all the WoW addicts, none of them have gone 36 hours without sleep and only small bathroom breaks every couple of hours?

Beat!

Smash Master
I'm not saying it's one of the most difficult record in the world to break or anything, or that others haven't done similar things, but the record was instituted several years ago. Low interest or not, I simply don't believe 32 hours would be the record today if it was as super duper easy to achieve as some of you guys make it out to be.

It's definitely doable, I'm not arguing against that.

Top Bottom