• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guilty Pleasures

D

Deleted member

You know you have one. Guilty Pleasure. When like something but feel guilty about liking it. Name anything that's a guilty pleasure for you.

For me, that's SpongeBob SquarePants.

Your turn.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I enjoy Pokemon games. And I'm twenty. And not nerdy at all. And by not nerdy at all, I mean nerdy enough to post a lot on SWF, and play Smash more than probably anyone else in the entire city that I live in, but like, I don't give off the nerdy persona in real life.

antimatter

Smash Lord
i play godzilla fighting games and smash all the buildings before destroying my enemies.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Yeah I guess pokemon is one of my guilty pleasures, I'm 19 and it was probably the last thing I got into as a child before I turned all gothic and moody.

I also like some "chick flicks" namely clueless and mean girls. Most films aimed at teenage girls are usually terrible, but these two are actually quite clever and funny.

*leaves thread in shame*

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
I enjoy watching the Golden Girls, its a good show and makes me laugh often but some of my friends find it weird, oh wells.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I don't know? I'm 18 and player video games? I guess it's a matter of perspectives.

Kotep

Smash Cadet
Like a lot of other people, I have to say one of them is Pokemon. The other is Avatar: The Last Airbender. I don't even watch the show, I just get the DVDs from Netflix. I feel that I shouldn't like it, it's American anime, it's Nickelodeon, but...I just like it so much.

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
I like to go seal clubbing.

This topic should be locked, because how can anybody beat that one :laugh:.

Guilty pleasure: daytime television. Like, Dr. Phil and those types. I wont say that there aren't plenty of episodes that I don't see and go "pssh, this is lame", but....yeah....

*hangs head*

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
Why are so many people listing Avatar? Aside from the silly, obligatory Aang-Katara romance, its probably the best American animated show in the past decade. Its too good to classify as a guilty pleasure.

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
Just to clear things up, I'm a male, 19, and straight. I know my username is misleading, but it's not like I can change it now.

I like love stories like:
- hana yori dango
- love me if you dare
- the time traveler's wife

Anime like:
- vision of escaflowne
- azumanga daioh
- dragonball

Games like:
- pokemon
- endless ocean

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just to clear things up, I'm a male, 19, and straight. I know my username is misleading, but it's not like I can change it now.

I like love stories like:
- hana yori dango
- love me if you dare
- the time traveler's wife

Anime like:
- vision of escaflowne
- azumanga daioh
- dragonball

Games like:
- pokemon
- endless ocean
Dude, hana yori dango was awesome. As stupid as it is sometimes. xD Escaflowne was a great anime too :]

As a 19 year old female, I spose pokemon should be a 'guilty' pleasure, but I"m usually quite open with it. :]

I ashamedly enjoy Yu-gi-oh and the GX version when it's on tv and um...Totally Spies.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I don't get guilty pleasures. Why do something if you are ashamed of it?

I can't think of anything I like that I wouldn't openly share....

Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh judging off of other peoples lists.

Girly mangas? I guess. I would join a conversation about them if they showed up somewhere.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
My guilty pleasures, and I'm a guy just to let you.

I watch:
Japanese romantic-comedy dramas.
Anime that are in the genre of school life.
Harem anime.
I still watch Yu-Gi-Oh [TAS].
I read manga that are targeted towards girls.

I like:
Taking pictures at Cue [a place near me, where you take pictures in those picture booths like the ones in Japan].

Girly mangas? I guess. I would join a conversation about them if they showed up somewhere.
So which ones do you read? I've been reading Koukou Debut and Lovely Complex lately.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I like how Pokemon is a guilty pleasure, but so many people are listing it here =)

Pokemon is only a guilty pleasure for me because I'm bat**** over pokemon stuff. I buy toys, plushes, and I even have a Skitty tank top D=

Biggest guilty pleasure for me is toys and a lot of kid things. I love children's books more than a lot of adult books. I'm not stupid, I just find the way children's books are written fun and light hearted. Plus, the easy read is great for reading quickly on the subway.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I didn't know this was the guilty anime pleasure topic

Guess I'm guilty for

code geass
melancoly of haruhi
fulll moon wo sagasite
monster
nodame cantibile
wolf/spice
clannad
ooki furikabbute
mushishi
suzuka

I guess those are the most embarrasing shows for an alpha male to watch.
You seem to be missing Lucky Star.

James Freeman

Smash Rookie
Let's see here...
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Of Chernobyl
-Half-Life 2 (And episodes)
-Gun Geek. (EX: the VSS Vintorez silent sniper rifle uses a 9x39MM SP-5/6 round, and is capable of defeating bulletproof vests at 500m)
-Tyrian 2000 (scrolling shooter)
-Stargunner (another scrolling shooter)
-Legos
I think that's it...

Top Bottom