• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guilty Gear Thread: Clearly everyone on Smashboards was waiting for Dizzy!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Just fiddling with the game right now.

It's been forever since I played a game like this so all of this is overwhelming.

I'm fiddling with every character right now, mainly messing with Bedman and May right now.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Last edited:

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I plan on dedicating alot more time to this game in the future. I've been messing around with I-no, so hopefully I'll be on netplay after I get more comfortable with her.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I've been trying to get into more traditional fighting games. My local smash scene over laps with the local guilty gear scene, so I figured I'd try it out. Any general game tips for a smasher transitioning over?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've been trying to get into more traditional fighting games. My local smash scene over laps with the local guilty gear scene, so I figured I'd try it out. Any general game tips for a smasher transitioning over?
Do you own the game so you can practice? It'll help a lot if you can mess around in training mode for characters.

There are some ideas and mentality that carries over from both games. You can't block asap after running, so there's something called FD brake. So running and then holding back to block plus 2 attack buttons for the green block is sort of like running and shielding. Also air teching out of combos isn't always good if you do it asap. Sometimes it's about delaying and finding the right moment, sort of like using your double jump or air dodge.

People say Guilty Gear is a difficult game, but if you don't overwhelm yourself with the game, and rely on fundamentals, the game is actually not that bad. I've met a lot of smashers that enjoyed Guilty Gear, I think they share a similar feeling.

Goldenrody's channel has a lot of high level play from Japanese players. Don't try to copy too much at the start, but it'll give you a good idea on how characters are usually played https://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenrody/videos

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Do you own the game so you can practice? It'll help a lot if you can mess around in training mode for characters.

There are some ideas and mentality that carries over from both games. You can't block asap after running, so there's something called FD brake. So running and then holding back to block plus 2 attack buttons for the green block is sort of like running and shielding. Also air teching out of combos isn't always good if you do it asap. Sometimes it's about delaying and finding the right moment, sort of like using your double jump or air dodge.

People say Guilty Gear is a difficult game, but if you don't overwhelm yourself with the game, and rely on fundamentals, the game is actually not that bad. I've met a lot of smashers that enjoyed Guilty Gear, I think they share a similar feeling.

Goldenrody's channel has a lot of high level play from Japanese players. Don't try to copy too much at the start, but it'll give you a good idea on how characters are usually played https://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenrody/videos
I do own the game, haven't messed around with it though. I'm going to jump into the tutorial when I get home. Thanks for all the info.

Last edited:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Dizzy better be included or I don't have a reason to spend money on a game that's still inferior to +R. Still, I'm happy that Johnny is back. I wonder how he has changed, does he still have mistfiner cancels and the upwards coin toss...

Vashimus

Smash Master
Baiken pls.

Hopefully there are some system refinements to go along with the update and it isn't just new characters. While Xrd is fun, there are things that need improvement, specifically YRC. I'd also like if the old moves that were removed came back, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
At the end they mentioned putting in some new mechanics but the funniest part was that they're definitely adding in Stylish Mode.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Dizzy better be included or I don't have a reason to spend money on a game that's still inferior to +R. Still, I'm happy that Johnny is back. I wonder how he has changed, does he still have mistfiner cancels and the upwards coin toss...
There's no reason to think that Mist Cancels will not return, that's been his thing from day one.
Up coin is uncertain, I'd love to see it return but who knows. Jackhound looks to be back, looks like a super now, it probably automatically goes into the follow up, but anyways this means he's not completely Reload based.

Hopefully he get's the Chipp treatment, and gains cool new tools. Playing Yuzuriha in UNIEL makes me want aerial Mist Finers.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sounds like there's some sort of follow-up after successful Blitz Shields?
Also, you're allowed to spend your Burst in order to power up a super.
No big balance changes planned.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Sleek and simple design and while still being super cute, Elphelt should take notes.

The system changes I'll need to see in action from locktest footage to have judgment on it.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Jack-O's design is decent. Looks to be a little spooky.

The next character's likely Dizzy, though. Nothing else would make as much sense, though I'd really like Baiken to return.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That Man has has good tastes considering the women he has working for him lol. (and then there's Raven)

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Congrats Jam for returning to the series!

And I'm really digging Elphelt's redesign. The color changes really made her seem different to me for some reason, probably the eyes.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
I need to dust off my old arcade stick and get back into GG.
Elphelt and Ramlethal are my girls, and Jack-O looks my type.

When's Bridget tho ;_;

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Dizzy won the vote, so she'll be the next character added to Revelator, look forward to her!

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Fine with me. I need to get off my ass and start practicing XRD and keep up with Revalator stuff again been way too lzy with other games and life stuff.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I wanted Bridget to win. I recently started playing him in +R, he's a lot of fun, with a really creative moveset.

I wanted ABA the most, but she didn't have much of a chance in the vote, sadly.

Oh well, I'm happy that Johnny is back. I have plenty of characters to play in Xrd, I can wait longer for the others to return.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
For reasons unknown, even to myself, I have returned to Smashboards to update this thread!

Enjoy Revelator everyone~

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Alright, I think that's everything worth updating.

New character icons all around, except for Dizzy(for now). Will it matter? Who knows! This thread was never all that active during sign sadly. Worth a shot though.

If you want to add your name to the list in the first post, follow the format of
Smashboards Name
PSN name
Location/Region
Characters

Or if you want your listed characters changed, just let me know.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
The vast majority of my time with the game has been spent playing offline at locals. My Internet is easily Walmart-tier even with a lined connection, so playing online is a lot rarer for me these day because of how jarring it feels. I've heard feedback the netcode has been improved in Revelator but I doubt by much, I'll have to see for myself.

I play I-no and May btw Rutger Rutger

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I don't have Revelator yet, but yeah, I really doubt the netcode is going to be a major improvement compared to Sign.

It is what it is. I've had some issues with Sign, it's become better lately and I'm not sure how much of it was my internet or the game though.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Jack-O makes me finally want to super dedicate myself to learning a traditional fighter

Top Bottom