• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guilty Gear Thread: Clearly everyone on Smashboards was waiting for Dizzy!

Crusayer

Smash Lord
By everything, do you mean you can RC blockstun or wake up animation?

Hello chain shift

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Well I'm sure everyone knows about it by now, but here's the new trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5pkaWp8Xso

We have Axl and I-no, a release date sometime in 2014, and it's been confirmed for both PS3 and PS4.

Oh and there's some concept art from a slot game that may give us an idea of some possible redesigns.
http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/crims0nnight/library/GG Illust?sort=2&page=1
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?17273-Guilty-Gear-Vastedge-XT-concept-illustrations-and-story-line-thread-(with-summary)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was hoping for Kenshiro-Bridget, but this will do.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Those are some short shorts for Axl to be fighting in. At least they kept the Union Jack on his attire somewhere.

But still no Dizzy news. -_-

At least I have Millia to play with.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I have to admit that considering the BBCP stuff, it taking so long for +R to come out on NA PS3 when it's out on 360 seems kinda oddly amusing.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Nice that Faust is confirmed. He's always been one of my favourites for how wacky he is, even if I didn't think he'd get left out. I wonder who's going to be next though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Dizzy's probably going to be one of the last characters revealed, keeping Dizzy fans in suspense. Either that or she won't get unsealed until after Sign :ohwell:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...sion/page206&p=1564369&viewfull=1#post1564369
Never noticed this before but Chipp's win animation is him putting on glasses and vanishing Ina puff of smoke and a US dollar with his face in it falls down and it zooms in on it. Mr. President!
:o

SRK has an article with all the important stuff.
http://shoryuken.com/2013/11/02/guilty-gear-xrd-sign-november-location-test-impressions-and-images/

Yellow Roman Cancel is 25% now.

You can air dash after YRC chemical love both versions even if you start on the ground.
Sounds cool. I will certainly be more interested in I-no if she has easier combos.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Sad about no double air-dash and only one kind of music note, though I guess it's expected if they're aiming to go back to #Reload's style. Everything else seems pretty fine I guess, but I'd have to actually get my hands on it for those kinds of things. Chemical Love getting an input change and being able to go straight to an air-dash after the FRC with no jump-install will make comboing with I-no a little easier. Not sure how I feel about that yet.

Somebody is bound to sneak some gameplay from those tests eventually.

EDIT: Didn't take long. Some character intros:

Remember Faust's Thousand Years of Death super? lmao

Vashimus

Smash Master
ElvenShadow's overall impressions:

"So I read a few questions and I will get to them all in due time. Its late and im drunk and ready to go to bed. But the one that stood out that I need to answer now is, "I'm interested in more general impressions of xrd. Are you enjoying it? How is the pace etc? Is it something you could see yourself playing for the next however many years?"

Simply put, yes. I have enjoyed playing the game and feel very privileged to be one of the first people (at least among non-Japanese) to play what will most likely be a huge staple in the FGC for years to come. This is the Street Fighter IV of Guilty Gear... and I do not mean that in a negative way. We all know that when you get down to it SFIV is pretty watered down compared to most of the older SF games. What I mean comparison wise is, just like SF, this is the game that is going to bring new life to the scene. This is the game that is going to bring in new blood and a fresh desire for competition... and at the same time, (hopefully) rally all of the old GG heads and bring them back into the scene. I saw lots of old school Japanese players at the loketest that I have not seen in years because they either moved on to different games or stopped playing... but they came to play Xrd and they will keep playing Xrd. The thing is... this game is going to be legit. There are some minor complaints and issues that are justified, but when you get down to it, this is ****ing Guilty Gear. The game feels like I am playing Guilty Gear. Now that Faust is finally in the game, I really feel like I was able to compare it with older GG games. I still feel like I am playing GG and I still am definitely enjoying it. I am not going to pretend like there are not negatives aspects of the game, but overall the game is a lot of fun and I honestly think that the developers know what they are doing. They are obviously trying to make it a bit more accessible but they also know their core fan base (hell... Pachi is an old school SBO champion) and so simply put... coming from someone who has played GG since GGX, this is a proper continuation of the series and I am sure you will all enjoy it (unless your character doesnt make it in and you just pout and be salty).

So yea, lets rock."

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?16395-Xrd-News-(Theoretical)-Gameplay-Discussion/page429

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Faust got my wood so strong. :estatic: I'm tired of not playing fighters cause I'm too cheap for another stick I'm bout to drop that money quickkk boy!!!!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Faust got my wood so strong. :estatic: I'm tired of not playing fighters cause I'm too cheap for another stick I'm bout to drop that money quickkk boy!!!!
Oh ****! You're alive! Definitely liking that Xrd is being well liked. As someone who's more or less a newb at Guilty Gear, what does it mean to go back to #Reload?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Get yo *** back heeere, Twists

Smooth Criminal
**** I'm def goin' to try to come back I just had a pregnancy scare and my flashed before my eyes and I saw all the fighters I played, like, yea I need to play again I really miss it.

I only just started playin' Melee again, but I'ma try to get back on everything (esp. GG cause this **** looks sooo tight.)

Oh ****! You're alive! Definitely liking that Xrd is being well liked. As someone who's more or less a newb at Guilty Gear, what does it mean to go back to #Reload?

Aw man I didn't even play #Reload. I wouldn't even know. But I would assume if you're preparing for this one then I would think #Reload wouldn't be too bad considering it isn't THAT outdated.

I'm still behind on R tbh.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I haven't played #Reload either, but the most noticeable difference is that there are no Forcebrakes or Slashbacks.
I'm pretty sure those were not in #R, they are not in Xrd, at least not right now.

A lot of character's attacks seem to work like they did in #R. Though there are still plenty of changes for the characters and some new mechanics, I don't think the "based on #R" thing will matter much when it's done.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I'm only pissed because in the videos, I-no's Chemical Love looks like it got its range nerfed like HELL. :(

Slayer looks like he has a baby Pilebunker too.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Not "Eddie?" Oh my. Interesting from a story standpoint. Cool to see him confirmed.

That mystery character...holy Toledo, even the outline looks whack as hell. Can't wait to see it.

Smooth Criminal

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Those are pretty much my thoughts.

I can't even begin to imagine what the mystery character will be, but it already looks like it could be one of the stranger characters for this series.
I can't unsee a chair...

Top Bottom