• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guilty Gear Thread: Clearly everyone on Smashboards was waiting for Dizzy!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Since it is most likely after GG2, I wouldn't be surprised to see characters from it.

I would like to see them focus on the old characters first, but I do want Valentine, along with The Mask Does Not Laugh(Though Diva would probably end up being her theme, that would be cool too.)

Also, bring back March of the Wicked King, please Daisuke. :(

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Really liking Ky's new look, much better than GG2.
Hopefully all the old cast'll return, and now they're going 3D they might be more inclined/able to add in further characters over time, instead of making however many different releases.

D

Deleted member

You know.... After all these years, it's just become very apparent to me that Sol's "sword" is really just a very big lighter:

D

Deleted member

Haven't you seen your avatar? XD
Lol

I'm just saying, in my avatar it looks more like a sword that emits flames from the hilt.

The new design LITERALLY looks like a really big lighter with a handle on the side. It's kinda funny, but also kinda cool.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Since it is most likely after GG2, I wouldn't be surprised to see characters from it.
Ky still looks to be holding Fuuraiken. Soo I would suspect it to be pre overture. Cause that sure doesn't look like an Aquila he is holding to me. XD

I would however love to see Raven in this sort of installment. We know he has been around for a while, only became playable in Overture, but would sooooo love to see what he can be like in a straight up fighter

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Maybe this will help
What are you talking about, that Guilty Gear Zex trailer is amazing.

I'm still watching the new trailer.
Ky still looks to be holding Fuuraiken. Soo I would suspect it to be pre overture. Cause that sure doesn't look like an Aquila he is holding to me. XD
It's because of his sword redisign, Bullet Heaven Pat P Jan 15, 2187, Overture apparently takes place in 2186.

I'm not going to call it concrete evidence, there's a lot I don't know about GG's story, but this does make it likely that it is after GG2.

But who knows, we know little about this game other than the fact that Arcsys found a way to make 3D models look good, this game is looking Wind Waker level.

D

Deleted member

Maybe this will help
Why is that dub so bad? They should have just subbed it if they were gonna do such a poor job...

I'm not going to call it concrete evidence, there's a lot I don't know about GG's story, but this does make it likely that it is after GG2.

But who knows, we know little about this game other than the fact that Arcsys found a way to make 3D models look good, this game is looking Wind Waker level.
I'm in the same boat. I've only played AC+ so I know near NOTHING about the GG story. All I know is that according to people it's very nonsensical, and that BB's story is way better.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'm in the same boat. I've only played AC+ so I know near NOTHING about the GG story. All I know is that according to people it's very nonsensical, and that BB's story is way better.
They're both nonsensical in my opinion, it's just that BlazBlue has a more fleshed out story mode.
I'd say GG could be more interesting if they fleshed it out more.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I love the Guilty Gear X trailer for how good and how bad some of it is. "Oh no. I'm falling."

GG's story's kind of messy, imo. But it's mostly because lots of branching stories that aren't necessarily canon keeping popping up in every game.
Not all of it was written/directed by Ishiwatari either (like AC+), so who knows what Xrd's going to keep.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I love the Guilty Gear X trailer for how good and how bad some of it is. "Oh no. I'm falling."
"Your sin is beyond the grace of God."

"God? I don't wanna have anything with him. HEH."

"Shut up."

"Time to fight a GRAND VIPERRRR."

"RIDE THE LIGHTNINGGG."

* Fighting ensues.*

"You'd let her live? Ha, you're such a boy scout!"

"Compassion is not the same as weakness, Sol."

* Sol's derpface.*

Smooth Criminal

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm still really hyped for this new game and all, but I hope we can see +R on consoles soon.

Maybe even get some more people online? I know there are some good connections out there, but they're hard to find when half the people I play are from Japan.

Yeah, I know +R will not actually help, guess I need to wait for Xrd for quick matches. :/
Back to training mode I guess.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Supposedly they'll do something for online in +R. Either way, I'm always open to play this game while juggling BB.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
It said so in the beginning of the trailer, yeah. Well, not exactly "3", if that's what you meant.

But yeah, that's good news. I'm just wondering how 2.5D will work since games (MAHVEL 3) feel so weird to me.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, people weren't sure if it was using the new Unreal Engine 4 (I doubt ArcSys would make that jump) or 3.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Since this game is gonna be in 3D I'm trying to imagine the hoops ArcSys may face animating Dizzy's wings. Same for some of Millia's hair attacks. Not that they won't be able to do it, I just imagine that at least Dizzy will take a bit more time to work on.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It said so in the beginning of the trailer, yeah. Well, not exactly "3", if that's what you meant.

But yeah, that's good news. I'm just wondering how 2.5D will work since games (MAHVEL 3) feel so weird to me.

The trick that they're using (at least I hope they continue to use) in the trailer is that they're fully 3D models on a 2D plane, but instead of moving so fluently like characters in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 do, their animations are established as if they were moving in sprite form. That's why the combo links look so...sprite/2D like while keeping that amped up 3D texture and depth. I see Guilty Gear Xrd as the evolution of BlazBlue's HD sprite set-up. Guilty Gear set the foundation. BlazBlue took the ball and ran with it. Guilty Gear's revival said "Hey. What made BlazBlue look so beautiful? Greatly detailed sprites. Now imagine those greatly detailed SPRITES...in 3D?"

Voila. Guilty Gear Xrd advancement.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
That's actually a pretty sensible thought process to have. Though, unfortunately it's looking like the new Accent Core +R update thing has been delayed for some reason.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It's not that surprising honestly, a (possibly free) patch is probably low priority compared to Xrd and console BBCP right now. :/

Sarix

Smash Ace
Well it's nice to know in the future that we are going to get a new Guilty Gear game instead of just a patch game.

D

Deleted member

B-but, muh next gen graffix.

Actually, I don't care either way since I'm getting both (dat MGSV), I'll just get the one with the larger community.

Vashimus

Smash Master
They're using the Unreal Engine 3. Current gen systems are more than capable of handling that at 60fps. I'm hoping for cross-platform play between PS3 and PS4, because it'd be pretty disappointing if we'd have to pay $400 for a new system, $50 a year to play online, and (if you play with a stick) at least $150 more for a new PS4 arcade stick, just to play this game. Also, I don't care if she's dead or whatever. I-No better be in, dammit.

Then I remember, however Xrd turns out, there will always be +R. You know, whenever that feels like releasing on consoles.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I have no problem with Xrd going on Wii U.

PS3/ and or 4 will probably get it anyways, so it shouldn't hurt anything.

D

Deleted member

@Vash

Oh yeah, I forgot about PSN not being free no more...

Yeah, I might go for the WiiU version then.

Top Bottom