• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guilty Gear Strive

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
The new Guilty Gear comes out in just two months, will any of you be playing it?

I most certainly be playing May or I-no

Lioncache

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
LION#321
If I decide to pick it up, I will be kickin' it rad with Ramlethal

Lioncache

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
LION#321
Just updating to say that despite the game being released, I still have not played it yet. Would still play Ramlethal if I did though.

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
I have played it. It's supposed to be spelled Guilty Gear -Strive- by the way. The incorrect spelling in the title is probably why nobody has posted here yet. They can't find the thread! They're searching for the correct title and you posted the wrong one.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I don’t play fighting games but I may or may not get it, love the character designs. How’s the single player like?

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the story mode is just a 4 hour movie, and it kind of looks shoddy sometimes, but taken for what it is, it's really cool. Part of the reason to buy the game is for the soundtrack, too. I think covid hit the development of GGST harder than expected, and the developers have mentioned this. There are some aspects of the game that seem weirdly absent (can't frame advance in training mode despite it working in replays, lobby system still has issues, weird arcade mode balance, etc.) but what is there is still really fun. If you've ever considered playing a fighting game, I think GGST is a really good one to get into.

Top Bottom