• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide to Using Dimensional Cape?

Cox Box

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone,

I'm an Ike main looking to pick up MK as a secondary to cover bad matchups (Marth, Sheik, Kirby, DDD, etc), and I'm pretty comfortable using all of his moves, using him in weeklies, and all that. There's just one problem - I have no idea when or how to use MK's down B. It's obviously a great kill move when used properly, but I can't say I know of any situations where I'm supposed to use it. I feel like I'm playing without a key component of this character, like playing Ike before I learned how to properly use Quickdraw.

So could someone (or multiple someones) go over some basic setups/uses for Dimensional Cape? I'm totally lost when it comes to this move.

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
http://smashboards.com/threads/dimensional-cape-guide.341911/

Old guide made by Oakwood, it is outdated but still very useful. I'll edit this post in a bit and say what no longer works, as well as what is useful and what is not.

This is actually where I got the idea for the Mega Reversal, a not super useful but very surprising move. It's the Oaken Reversal that you'll see in the guide but with a fully charged down-B and making use of different mechanics, if you're interested in checking it out the link is in my signature.

Last edited:
Top Bottom