• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide to Practicing Movement in Smash 4

CaptainZeroSkill

Smash Rookie
I have made a guide for how to practice different movement techniques in Smash 4. I think this could really help a lot of players, so I am posting it here in hopes that some of you will put more practice towards improving your movement. Implementing these techniques could give you more options in the neutral game as well as being able to optimize your combo strings.

https://youtu.be/WJ_CjQd14dE

Hope this helps!

RobC

Smash Rookie
Always interesting to see how players prepare themselves for competitive play! I definitely need to spend more time in training mode practicing movement techniques.

I think one thing that would make the guide more useful for beginners especially is to explain the control inputs behind the techniques either in your video or with links to other videos that teach these basics.
When someone is learning a technique it's helpful to hear why the desired movement isn't coming out correctly. It took me a while to learn that perfect pivoting, for example, is more of a gentle movement with the analog stick.

Top Bottom