• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide Guide to Pacman (WIP)

Fruit_Hax

Smash Rookie
Fruit_Hax submitted a new guide:

Guide to Pacman (WIP) - How To Pac the Heat

This guide will teach you how to do the following:

- Basic Character outline strengths and weaknesses

- play offensively

- play defensively

- fruit mechanics

- pros and cons of each special as well as when and when not to use them

So, Pacman is a very in depth character to understand and I don't think enough people have gotten down to what makes Pacman viable in a tourney setting. (Zero definitely hasn't because he put him as 37th on the tier list). The dude is an outright monster when...
Read more about this guide...

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
My problem with this guide is, what is this guide going to do that the other 7-8 "How to Play Pac-Man" guides don't do?

Plus I don't agree with some of this advice in the guide. Like this part:

If the opponent shields any hitbox, you can throw cherry, strawberry, orange, apple, or melon directly at them. If they shield it, run up and grab the fruit.
If they are close enough to shield one of your moves then you will not be able to act out of the throw quick enough to catch the fruit. Also Fruit Tossing is slow and easily punishable up close.

I'm not saying delete the guide, but I see no point in this guide if it doesn't stand out.

Fruit_Hax

Smash Rookie
Splebel Splebel that's very true. I was trying to describe what to do rather than how to play. A lot of people ask me how to play pacman, when it's more about what to do in X situation. Trying to write a guide for pacman that tells you what to do is not viable in the long run, especially for a complex character who has so many options every second of the match. I've been wanting to use this corny title for so long though. As for the part you disagreed with, if you space it right it works, and the spacing is almost identical for every fruit I listed.

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I want to know this spacing then. What move can Pac-Man do that the opponent will shield and gives you enough time to throw a fruit and grab it?

Fruit_Hax

Smash Rookie
I suppose if you wanted to force them to shield you could fair a hydrant. But It's mostly for people who shield on reaction to pacman. like if they see a hydrant, shield, if they see a dash attack, shield. If they see a cherry thrown at them.... shield. Ill record the spacing so you can see it, its a bit more than a roll away.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Then you should change it to, "If they tend to shield fruit" or "If they tend to sit in shield."

Top Bottom