• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Guide to Donkey Kong

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
Sounds like a good idea. What do you imagine, stuff like sections On the ground with subsections Offense or Defense, In the air, The ledge, stuff like that explaining the best of DK's abilities?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
kind of like that. stuff to watch out for, mixups, spacing, how to deal with other characters' options, etc.

this will take a lot of time haha, maybe after I finish a section or character match-up explanation I'll post it to show you guys what I mean.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
kind of like that. stuff to watch out for, mixups, spacing, how to deal with other characters' options, etc.

this will take a lot of time haha, maybe after I finish a section or character match-up explanation I'll post it to show you guys what I mean.
I'm far too lazy to actually write a section myself, but if you put what you have, I'll put my input in for anything and everything I feel is lacking that little bit of insight. And btw guys, I don't always post on here when i see you guys talking, or even on my thread, but i DO check it. If I just feel there's nothing I need to say, I just move on. So don't think I'm ignoring this place, (i'm just ignoring you, lol, jk). Usually it's just something basic that I'm not needed to answer because strongbad or some other fairly experienced dk players can answer it for you. I'm still here for the toughies though

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Sounds good SB, but isn't it better to start a new thread in that case, and save NJzfinest's work for the archives...?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
that's probably what I'll end up doing.

@MEX: thanks, I really appreciate that. as you said @ Genesis 2, it's hard to just think of a situation and explain what you would do it in it, it's best to be reminded of the situation or be in the situation and naturally do what you would do, so it's very difficult to offer a thorough breakdown of a match-up. I'm sure having a somewhat thorough breakdown/guide, even if from a less experienced player, will at least help to jog your memory of certain situations that I miss that come up often and are relevant.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Tomahawks are good with DK since he doesn't have any other good options versus shield? SideB for shield break? :troll: UpB shieldstab on the platform?

Is shield really that good versus DK?

Strongbad there are some recent DK matches of me on twitch.tv/v3ctorman if you want to critique me.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah like what else are you going to do to a shield? Nair? On a platform I waveland up and grab usually or apply pressure with U-Air. Up-B is an interesting idea though I might try that out sometime.

I'll give your vids a look over thanksgiving break and post some critique.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Tomahawks are good with DK since he doesn't have any other good options versus shield? SideB for shield break? :troll: UpB shieldstab on the platform?

Is shield really that good versus DK?
Sounds like DK has similar probs to Samus when it comes to opponents shielding a lot. Only diff is she can't really grab or tomahawk all that well, but at least she gets better pokes.

JEFF/JayDex

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
JEFF#163
I know this tread is over a decade old but I can contribute some videos for this if needed

Top Bottom