• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Guide] The Complete Guide to Zero Suit Samus

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
probly has to do with walls lol. might as well tell us, it's not like ZSS is in any danger of becoming overpowered anytime soon

solecalibur

Smash Master
Dont ppl always camp on the phase of the stage with a wall? lol
and that image is funny as hell , it looks like that main character from gears of war but texture hack'd diddy kong ftilt XD

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
lol That stuff is so awesome if you can pull it off but it sucks anyway.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
It's just a theory right now so I'm not gonna say anything

Dakpo

Smash Lord
what is this all about?
Warning! The last reply to this thread was posted over a month ago. Please make sure you are not unnecessarily bumping this thread before replying.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I was bored and I checked the flags on ZSS's D-smash.

Everyone knows you can Bucket or PSI Magnet it. What is lesser known is that reflectors have no effect on it.

Just thought I would point that out. The classic assumption about absorbable moves is that they are projectiles, since until now, there has never been an exception.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I was bored and I checked the flags on ZSS's D-smash.

Everyone knows you can Bucket or PSI Magnet it. What is lesser known is that reflectors have no effect on it.

Just thought I would point that out. The classic assumption about absorbable moves is that they are projectiles, since until now, there has never been an exception.
Lucario's side b

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Lucario's side b
Lucario's SideB is reflectable.

Pikachu's Thunder body hitbox.
Pikachu's Thunder body hitbox is not a special offensive collision. Thus it does not have the flags that call for absorbability or reflectabilty. The actual Thunderbolt projectile however is both reflectable and absorbable.

This is entirely different from ZSS's D-smash which is absorbable, but non-reflectable. So if you see someone foolish enough to spam a reflector in hopes of blocking your D-smash, you don't have to worry about it.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
It's more important for the suitpiece metagame honestly. Not so much Falco's reflector but against Wolf and Fox downthrow glide toss in is an easy dsmash lock if they try to reflect the piece, which makes the reflector pretty much a non factor against the pieces

Dakpo

Smash Lord
It's more important for the suitpiece metagame honestly. Not so much Falco's reflector but against Wolf and Fox downthrow glide toss in is an easy dsmash lock if they try to reflect the piece, which makes the reflector pretty much a non factor against the pieces
I can't agree with that. Prediction on falco for that is a tad difficult. Even if you down glide toss there is still a chance the zss her self will get hit with falco's reflector. And wolf and fox dont have enough lag on it to really be trapped especially if they are in the air

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I can't agree with that. Prediction on falco for that is a tad difficult. Even if you down glide toss there is still a chance the zss her self will get hit with falco's reflector.
Nefarious B said:
Not so much Falco's reflector
Dakpo said:
And wolf and fox dont have enough lag on it to really be trapped especially if they are in the air
Being in the air against the pieces is asking to get ***** because the movement we gain from glidetoss allows us to setup powerful landing traps. I thought it was assumed they would be on the ground since shield is by far the best tool against the pieces. In which case, yes if they predict a forward glidetoss and reflector while you downward glidetoss at them, you will get a dsmash.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
lol what fox and wolf do you play who give enough time to do that? Maybe my friends are jsut too used to my antics D:

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Double Post!
Are there less invincibility frames when you tether and pull you self to the edge, compared to when you grab it normally. I know this sounds like a weird question, but I honestly feel the difference. (especially against diddy's barrel)

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Choice, Trevonte, AC, and TKD, duno if you've heard of them lol

And yes you get way less from tethering instantly, although I believe it was Nick who discovered a while back that if you hang for a little bit and then pull in, you get normal invincibility but can still drop off the ledge faster like tethers normally do. So you can do fully invincible aerials apparently

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Choice, Trevonte, AC, and TKD, duno if you've heard of them lol
I'm impressed, I thought TKD would have better sense and reaction time than to get caught with something like that, oh well.
-And also thanks! i knew something was weird when i tethered.

Edit: yea i tried it my wolf/falco friend yesterday and it totally worked XD

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
When talking about her bair, you say "It's arguably ZSS' best kill attack."
Then when talking about her downB kick, you say "This is ZSS' strongest killing move."

Did you intentionally use the word "best" for bair and "strongest" for downB, because downB is stronger but far more situational? Or did you just brainfart?

Explain/edit accordingly please and otherwise great thread!

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Can someone tell me some of the ways to recover back onto stage with zss like what are her options

Zero

Smash Hero
1. Stand up.
2. Roll up.
3. Getup attack.
4. downB
5. second jump
6. second jump downB
7. second jump upB
8. second jump nB
9. second jump wavebounced sideB
10. walljump

Keep in mind your getup attack greater than 100% has a massive disjoint. Always keep your opponent's spacing and action in mind when recovering. If they're standing there charging a smash attack, second jump downB kick will always beat it, yay invincibility. If they're standing far away, second jump fast fall onto the very tip of the stage is nice. Pay attention to your situation.

Salin

Smash Rookie
What a spectacular guide! So many techs I didn't know was there to her! This guide was an enlightenment. Now the hard part is applying what was learned and remembering it. xD

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
In the coming days I will be completely revisiting this guide in preparing to pass it off to TheZeroSuit, our community screen name.

Currently, it is a mess. In some cases it is completely inaccurate and does a better job at reviewing the character than explaining how some moves are used at the top level. The code is also really bad and I'll attempt to clean it up (what's left of it).

The fact is I understand ZSS a lot better now than I did when I created this guide and in a lot more technical and strategic depth. I hope to offer less opinions and more options, uses, and strategies.

If anyone has any suggestions, now is the time to express them, although once TheZeroSuit owns the guide, anyone can change it that has the character's password.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I don't really want this thread anymore, if you want you can have it... lol
If you guys want to pass the thread off to someone, I'd be willing to take it. Going though the information and formatting it would be a good way to get myself familiarized with the finer points of the character. I can work on weekends, but that's about it.

There's a post by DeLux explaining B-sticking and such in real good detail that should work great for that part of the guide too.

Omit

Smash Apprentice
I still liked it though, maybe that's because im new to this character. Lol.

Top Bottom