• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide How to change Project M 3.6 CSPs, BSPs, RSPs and STOCK ICONS

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
Updated the second post with a detailed list of all the costume files in Project M, making it easier for you to replace the files.

Midnight_B1u3

Smash Cadet
So I know how to change an extra slot's in game stock but how do I change the results screen stocks? The only one's that worked right off the bat were snake and ROB, but none of the other ones do. Is there a fix?

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
So I know how to change an extra slot's in game stock but how do I change the results screen stocks? The only one's that worked right off the bat were snake and ROB, but none of the other ones do. Is there a fix?
qwertz143 said:
projectm/pf/stage/melee/STGRESULT.pac
Then you expand ARC STGRESULT
Expand ARC 2
Expand MiscData[120]
Expand Textures(NW4R)
Replace the Inf Stc. files like you did before.

Midnight_B1u3

Smash Cadet
No no, I did that part, but they don't show. Sorry if I wasn't clear but I mean stocks for skins that have been added using cBliss (more specifically, mewtwo2000's cBliss tool). I know how to add the extra skin's in game stocks, (using this guide taught me, so thanks a ton!) but when I add/replace the stocks at the results screen for added skin slot characters, they won't show (except for in the case of ROB and Snake, oddly enough).

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if everybody knows this, but when you finish part 1 of the "replacing stocks" guide, you can right click on the brres file and select "export all" and choose a folder. Then when you move on to part 2, instead of replacing all the stocks manually again, you can right click on the brres again and select "replace all". All your stocks will get updated. Same works for parts 3 & 4

XynZ

Smash Rookie
I've got one problem.
When I open the sc_selcharacter file, I get a error ,,Unable to recognize input file".After this error, the file opens up, but it has nothing inside...
I have 3 versions of PM but none of these has the working file, could someone please send a download link of his file only or tell me what's the problem?

XynZ

Smash Rookie
ok I just had to get the new brawlbox version
Also does anyone know where I can find the Stage selection name pictures?

Edit: alredaz found lol

Last edited:

MrCJBubba

Smash Rookie
Do you have any idea how to make use of the extra costume slots I went through like I would for any other character slot adding the appropriate files and there should appear after the last costume but it doesnt I am trying to add a ostume after Dry Bowser how would I go abut allowing it so I have access to it. all the .brres files are in place already with CSPs, BP's RSP's and Stock Icons so I just need to figure out how to access the hidden costume

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Look up mewtwo2000 cbliss tool, if you want to add costumes to project m 3.6

BakerFalcon

Smash Cadet
I need help! I'm trying to edit BP's but when I check the portrite folder, some are missing. The ones I need to replace are missing. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I need help! I'm trying to edit BP's but when I check the portrite folder, some are missing. The ones I need to replace are missing. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!
if they aren't there you can copy another BP file, rename it to the one that you want to replace, and then replace the picture used in the file

DrDoggo

Smash Rookie
Hi! So... I'm trying to make the hud not visible when I play. So, I replaced all of the stock icons with 32x32 transparent images. But, it just crashes my game after the Project M website fades away.

At first it worked cause I only replaced 1 character's stock icons. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

BakerFalcon

Smash Cadet
if they aren't there you can copy another BP file, rename it to the one that you want to replace, and then replace the picture used in the file
Thanks! I would try it except that I figured something out just before I checked SmashBoards. I went to brawlvalt and looked at the brawl data rip files and copied over the ones I needed then I modified them! Thanks though I'll use this in the future.

BakerFalcon

Smash Cadet
Hi! So... I'm trying to make the hud not visible when I play. So, I replaced all of the stock icons with 32x32 transparent images. But, it just crashes my game after the Project M website fades away.

At first it worked cause I only replaced 1 character's stock icons. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!
Where did you edit the stock files? Common5? And what character did you try?

DrDoggo

Smash Rookie
Where did you edit the stock files? Common5? And what character did you try?
Thank you so much for responding! Anyway, I tried changing every character's stock icon to a transparent picture (The picture was 32x32 and 100 bytes. So, I don't think it's a size problem) I also attempted to change it from info.pac

BakerFalcon

Smash Cadet
Thank you so much for responding! Anyway, I tried changing every character's stock icon to a transparent picture (The picture was 32x32 and 100 bytes. So, I don't think it's a size problem) I also attempted to change it from info.pac
No problem! I will do my best to try and help you! So are you trying to mod something like Project M or are you trying to mod vanilla Brawl through Gecko OS or Riivolution?

Last edited:

BakerFalcon

Smash Cadet

DrDoggo

Smash Rookie
So you should be able to mod it. Project M only works with NTSC versions of the game. Is this what you have? Also I assume you are using the Project M letterbomb exploit. Am I right?
D DrDoggo are you using dolphin? If so, you're basically using hackless p:m. So you have an NTSC ISO (if I'm right)
Oh! I'm really sorry, I should've mentioned that I am actually using Dolphin to play. And, yes, I am using a NTSC ISO.

Also, no, I'm not using the letterbomb thing. That only works on an actual Wii console I think.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Dolphin usually gives you error messages when something goes wrong. So, do you have a screenshot of that message?

BakerFalcon

Smash Cadet
Oh! I'm really sorry, I should've mentioned that I am actually using Dolphin to play. And, yes, I am using a NTSC ISO.

Also, no, I'm not using the letterbomb thing. That only works on an actual Wii console I think.
Sorry. I can't help you with Dolphin. I use the actual Wii.

DrDoggo

Smash Rookie
Dolphin usually gives you error messages when something goes wrong. So, do you have a screenshot of that message?
Oh! Well... No, but, it's only because it just kinda freezes? Like... The frame rate drops down to zero and it never changes. It's just a black screen.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
D DrDoggo So...on replacing all the icons in info.pac, etc. with a transparent texture, p:m doesn't load after you click "launch game" on the gecko screen?

Last edited:

DrDoggo

Smash Rookie
D DrDoggo So...on replacing all the icons in info.pac, etc., p:m doesn't load after you click "launch game" on the gecko screen?
It goes like this
Open - boot.elf - Hit the play thing on the Project M launcher - Game gets as far as to the Project M website url fading away and then the frame rate drops to zero and then it never starts the game. :0

GoldbergP

Smash Rookie
im missing some of the bsp, for zss im missing 231-233
are they located somewhere else or did something happen?
the originals show up in game, i just cant find where to change them because i dont have the file

BakerFalcon

Smash Cadet
im missing some of the bsp, for zss im missing 231-233
are they located somewhere else or did something happen?
the originals show up in game, i just cant find where to change them because i dont have the file
They don't show up because they are not affected by PM. To change them, just take another one, replace the BP's then rename and re-insert.

Kes

Smash Cadet
I have used cBliss and expanded all of my characters to 14 slots. However, I am trying to add CSPs and BPs and everything for these new costumes, and Brawl Costume Manager 3.8 doesn't display the Fit_Dark and Fit_Fake costumes for me to edit. Help maybe?

OscarJerico

Smash Rookie
I want to point out:

For Subspace Emissary
The stock files are in the file called "if_adv_mngr" in the Menu2 folder

Where exactly?
in MiscData[8].

EDIT: Can someone find the location for stock icons for all star mode?

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Hey, could someone here help me find something? I'm trying to change all of Bowser's unique series' icons back to the original Mario series mushroom. I've managed to find and change everything except for the Results Screen Section's icons. I've found and been able to change the Results Screen's stock icons and portraits, but still havn't found the Series' Icons section, and I've searched everywhere. Anyone know where they're located?

DualX

Smash Apprentice
I seem to be having issues changing out CSPs, BSPs, and stock icons. Tried using the latest version of Brawl Costume Manager and it kept distorting other images. I tried the latest version of Brawl Box and it started giving me an error when trying to replace certain icons, tried saving what I had anyway and when I went into testing my build, it didn't save anything at all. So, I attempted an earlier version of BrawlBox (Because the one before it I know was reliable before), and it worked smoothly. This time whenever I loaded up the build, now it freezes when I try to go to the character selection screen. I'm not sure if these softwares have a compatibility issue with Windows 10, but I'm kinda running out of options here just to swap out some images.

Can anyone assist?

Captain F

Smash Rookie
Hello, I wish to address an issue that about a crash in the system shortly after choosing the new skin I modded for Samus. I followed all the steps listed in the original post and even managed to change the CSP and access the character select screen without a problem. However, when I load a stage with the new costume on the character, my game crashes. I redid the stocks and hoped that's what it was, but it wasn't and now I'm perplexed as to what the issue really is. Please, does anyone know what's the problem?

Captain F

Smash Rookie
Never mind everyone. It turns out that the battle portraits were a bit off on the resolution. It should be noted that they MUST be 48x56 on the resolution. After properly getting the battle portraits to that resolution, it works fine now. By the way, thanks for the guide! It really helped me get a good start on adding custom costumes. :]

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
So what would be the steps to replace Mario's brown and blue costumes with Flying Mario (from Galaxy) and Ice Mario (from NSMBWii), alongside recoloring green Kirby to look more like his Smash 64/Melee design?

And would it be easier to do these texture hacks in vanilla Brawl, then have these hacks carry over to Project M?

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Never mind ignore the comment this originally was. But if anyone can point me in the right direction to replace the "Banned image" on the stage selection screen, that'd be super appreciated.

Last edited:

tallpr24

Smash Rookie
hey guys, nub here, i followed a nice walk thru on gbatemp , created an iso and installed on my usb hard drive . I'm able to launch project me, but i don't see all the new characters i was told i would get with project m. I just all the basic characters and a few others. How do i get my project m to have all the characters i see people showing off all the time?

can some one help me?

NinjaMario5

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to change the character's name displayed at the results screen? (Ex, Instead of saying Wolf, it says Metal Sonic)

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Well no one seems to have said this yet so I might as well, if you are replacing the cosmetics of Warioman the order of the icons are classic and then biker which is not that obvious considering Biker Warioman has the same costumes as Classic Warioman (i.e. the first costume of both classic and biker are the same purple). So if you're trying to replace Classic Wariomans costumes start at 661 and if you are trying to replace Biker Wariomans costumes start from 667 (note classic and biker refers to regular Wario costumes that you need to select for L-Loading and Warios Final Smash in case that wasn't clear)

Top Bottom