• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide for Mewtwo (3.5)

Plebiscuit

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CARL#168
...where is it?
Or is the joke "Mewtwo has no strong points, weak points or OoS options, haha get it?"

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
I think its worth pointing about tap jump that that level of precision (which isn't that hard) is also required for things like dtilt on a platform. Its more of a matter of preference what control configuration you have. For me, I always have tap jump on whenever I play any character (yoshi, cuz up b). This makes jump cancel grabs easier. Likewise, I leave both r and l to shield so wave dash OoS is easier (using a temporary claw for hover stuff).

Again, its all a matter of preference, but I wouldn't say that you want tap jump off for easy up tilts because 1. They aren't hard 2. It develops a pretty important skill used in many other areas of smash 3. A personal preference anyways. I would have worded it more along the lines of "if you are struggling with utilts/up airs, what I do is this, it might help".

As for the rest of the guide, I thought it was very informative and highlights how Mewtwos neutral and over all gameplan (I was expecting a comparison to Marth, but it was a good enough explanation as is). The only other suggestion would be more emphasis on how good Mewtwo's grab game is. Great Guide!

MysticSkarps

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the tips. This is my first guide, so I need this kind of stuff. I'll add the grab game bit ASAP.

twilightgamer

Smash Rookie
Great Guide! I think moonwalking and shadow ball cancelling (SBC) are important things for Mewtwo and also things intermediate players can do with a little practice (moonwalking more so than SBC). This guide would probably be better with those two techs in here. ;)

X Riptide X

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this is entirely relevant, but what about hover nairs? I know you can't telehover anywhere near to the same extent as 3.0, but a regular hover into nair still seems to be a viable option. Against some characters, I try a hover bair to bait an approach, and if they shield it, go into a nair. Is this a good mixup? I haven't been able to play any decent players in PM so far, so I don't know.

Top Bottom