• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guaranteed Brawler Combos? (1111 and default size/weight)

hoppyKnitz

Smash Cadet
I'd just like to know the true (or close to true) combos for brawler, along with any kill confirms he possibly has. Thanks!

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Down throw is where you are gunna get most of your follow ups from. It links into almost any aerial at a variety of percents, just be creative with it. Unfortunately he has little to no kill confirms with 1111 so your main kill options are extended from hard smash attack reads, onslaught, or n-air at ludicrously high percents. Down special can be used to link into smashes but buried opponents will take less KB from them so it's not reliable at all.

KylanAwesomepants

Smash Rookie
NNID
maelodic
Dtilt and first hit fair cancelled combos into most aerials. Dtilt stops working but first hit fair never really does. Nair can combo into dash attack and running grab, and soft nair late can setup tech chase kills. Check out my tool compilation thread for kill options. I've labbed for many hours and still haven't found any reliable ones.

Ryuphoton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuphoton
3DS FC
2552-4567-9907
For 1111, there aren't any kill confirms that I can think off the top of my head. D-throw is where most the combos for brawler start, because while it doesn't have the lowest knockback in terms of a down throw, the knockback it does have as well as the angle it sends opponents is pretty good, so getting aerial follow ups is pretty easy, such as a f-air or a couple of u-airs depending of weight. D-tilt is good at early percents for short strings

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The closest thing you have to a kill confirm is a up / down throw into air dodge read side b. But that usually doesn't work twice in the same game if they learn to jump after getting it.

It seems possible to land two dairs in a row off stage at low percents for quick gimps. But I've yet to find any real kill confirms for the character.

TM 023

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2015-1144-0090
*I tested these combos against Corrin in training mode, so no DI, no rage.

Between 70 until around 105%, a dthrow at the ledge (so the opponent's feet don't touch the ground) to DJ dair is true with no DI and it kills depending on the opposing character. I guess most people well DI in, so it works. You can also read an airdodge and punish it with dair or onslaught.

Also, if you manage to hit only the first hit fair when the opponent is grounded and next to the ledge, it combos into dair between 80 and 110%. Both sweetspot and sourspot kills. Past these %s, you need to DJ dair in order to hit. Surprisingly it works until around 160% (!). Also, first hit fair to sweetspot nair kills between 130% and 165%.

The same goes for falling uair. It combos into dair between 90 and 130%, and falling uair to sweetspot nair kills between 115 and 140%.

And to finish, if you are good with footstools and jab lock combos, 1111 has a 0 to death where you suicide with your opponent. Give it a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChR6dkEfDU0
Some characters can survive if they have a very high vertical recovery.

I plain to do a 1111 combo guide, and that's some stuff I've got so far.

Ryuphoton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuphoton
3DS FC
2552-4567-9907
I don't think this is a GUARANTEED combo (or really a combo to begin with) but at ledge, I did get a d-throw to Soaring Axe Kick and got an easy stock, granted this was vs a lvl 9 CPU, so I don't know how this would work vs a human opponent.

Top Bottom