• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guaranteed B-Air Set-ups (Potential Kills)

PK_Love

Smash Rookie
Found these while messing around, not sure if they have been found before but here they are:

D-Air -> B-Air - This is for when D-Air -> Rest stops working, you basically do the inverse of the D-Air -> Rest combo, so you go forwards throughout most of the hits and then go backwards for the last 1-3 and the B-Air will connect after a jump.

Reversing N-Air -> Jump -> B-Air - This can kill DK as early as 80% near the ledge and connects up to 120%, and can kill even earlier if off stage, this requires you to be near the ledge or off stage so that you don't land and suffer landing + jump hop frames. I can see this being used for edge guards as it is a very easy confirm if you get the reversing N-air. There are two methods of doing this: Shot Hop or Falling.

Short hop is you short hop backwards towards your opponent and hit the late N-Air then continue with your momentum and fall of stage, then jump B-Air

Falling is when you fall on to your opponent backwards with a late N-Air and hit the B-Air, this makes the combo at connect later percents.

B-Air to footstool??? - This worked on DK around 40 - 50 percent - don't think it has any uses other than a footstool -> rest. I just hit the weaker hitbox of B-Air and jumped and it footstools. Not sure if this is guaranteed.

Edit -- I was testing the last one a bit more and I found that you can go straight for a rest and the combo counter registered it

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I usually use dair bair, or do utilt fakeout to bair kill. I like to use utilt 2-4 times in a row sometimes when in neutral, so then the opponent gets conditioned. Then in neutral when you are somewhat near them, use utilt once, they will often stay open or jump to prepare to punish, but then you hit them with that there bair.

Top Bottom