• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GSP means nothing these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoinu

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Leoinus
t’s frustrating. These people are fricking jack@$$es who are all dumb@$&es ho should be bloody fired, extrapolated all the revenues they got from the online system, and then thrown into prison camp while losing all rights to smash as someone who’s more dedicated and has a love for actual Nintendo and smash take their place. That includes Sakurai, you can LOCK HIM UP, too. Smash has become too corporate and you can see it with this game.
As a Falco main, I feel your pain with how bad he is, useless throws aside from up throw and constantly falling out of multi hits. Its a shame you threw all that out the window and went with a more sociopathic route saying people should lose their jobs and be locked up over a ****ing video game thats still pretty great without the offline. Seek professional help.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
No, I disagree. McSquirrtle was speaking 100% facts, and even he was too soft. I’ve have looked diligently at others who are displeased, they say that other Nintendo games have decent and contentful online systems. Heck, smash 4 had a decent online game that should have been a prototype for something even bigger and better. So I don’t think it’s nintendo, I believe it’s Sakurai and ultimate devolpers. These people are either beyond stupid and inept or people who could give a dam about making a well-made game, anymore and focus more on marketing it, hyping it up and putting fan service of characters from differnt games so they can attract casuals and get more revenue. Plus, that’s what I guess Sakurai likes anyway, just figuring out how many characters I can get from differnt genres into smash. I feel like the dude tried in smash 4 to make a well rounded game, saw reviews of how boring smash 4 it was after awhile and decided to double down on fan service with ultimate which has gotten us in this junk.

It’s so frustrating now because I can’t even play elite smash anymore. My 2nd main, falco, is just so BAD. And he’s bad because his programming doesn’t even look COMPLETE. When your oppent gets into kill %, his grabs don’t even connect with his lasers anymore, therefore when you grab oppenet at like 175%, they’ll never die. None of his B attacks kills nor does he have any dash attack that’s kill so it forces me to have to smash attack someone at 175% and that’s easier said then done when your oppenet knows that’s your only option. So falco is incomplete and terrible, while people like ness, richter, robs, Sonics, Palutena, bowser jr (yes he is cheap. Bowser jr is my Main (lemmy specifically), and I can set you up a BA right now if you really want to dispute it bower jr is a cheap character. I launch about 50 million projectiles at my oppenet plus I have a go kart that travels like 2,000 mph, and I have about 8 differnt kill options as bower jr and that’s not including any edge guard cheese), ganadorfs, inklings, Zelda who are all finished and well made characters who are cheap. The character inequality in this game is so absurd it’s unplayable now. At least if this game allowed me to play team battle, I could hide my character obvious programming deficiencies but the elite smash won’t even allow you to play team battle and just throw you into endless one v ones. It’s frustrating. These people are fricking jack@$$es who are all dumb@$&es ho should be bloody fired, extrapolated all the revenues they got from the online system, and then thrown into prison camp while losing all rights to smash as someone who’s more dedicated and has a love for actual Nintendo and smash take their place. That includes Sakurai, you can LOCK HIM UP, too. Smash has become too corporate and you can see it with this game.
dude..don't you think you are kinda taking it a little bit to far now? at the end of the day it's still just a videogame that's not perfect..your life doesn't depend on this game! ^^'' i got my frustrations with this game as well but i would never take it as far as wanting them to get fired or wanting them to go to jail over a videogame....if i don't like a game i either stop playing or take a break from it for awhile..maaaaybe a break from Smash could work for you as well? it seems to me that you need it....

J.I.L

Banned via Administration
Tch... you guys are too soft and your methods are useless because they just lead to ultimate stagnation (pun intended). My methods and threats would get immediate results and changes to the game for the better since if I were in charge, I would demand EXCELLENCE. The fact I am largely able to create an online template in my head with the slight (it wasn’t even his intention) bit of input from the mod, Sucumbio, that is theoretically far superior to the garbage they have no is a terrible indictment on smash ultimate devolpers, and Sakurai. Is it because they are stupid and inept? Maybe. Is it because Sakurai could not give a dam to make an good online and instead wanting to please an meta of fans who only **** off to what characters are in the game and other largely stupid modes like world of light? My main guess. Or did they have not enough time to finish the game so they focused on other stuff? Maybe. Or were their factors that prevented them from making an good online system outside their control, like Nintendo gave them limited online options or something... I highly doubt that.
The point is, what they’ve done with this online is a disgrace and beyond embarrassing and infuriating... and for that their should be consequences.

And to briefly reply to what you two said (I’m not tagging either of your names, I’m too disgusted at the softness I saw for you to even be worthy of getting a tag from me at the moment)
Saying that it’s sociopathic for them to be fired for this pitiful performance at creating a video game seems not to understand how jobs work. If you do bad, you’re FIRED. Alabama these people did was beyond “bad”.
Taking a break won’t do anything....Coolboy (tch... lucky I even said your name. Your previous post exposing online have had some good stuff so you have respect credits from me to at least say your name...)
Because when I come back I’ll be greeted to the same low c tier falco who barley can do anything and a terrible online system full of character inequality and stupid modes like battle data which doesn’t even quantify all kills from characters like smash 4 did. Taking a break and coming back won’t help. I’ll only take a break when I’ve gotten so frustrated of dealing with the garbage from snake oil dumbasses ( I don’t like actually cussing YOU MODS, I shouldn’t be forced to have to spell out actual cuss words so you guys can censor me instead of me censoring my own cuss words...ridiculous) who don’t know what the heck they are doing. That’s when I’ll “take a break”.

Last edited:

Xquirtle

Smash Journeyman
Tch... you guys are too soft and your methods are useless because they just lead to ultimate stagnation (pun intended). My methods and threats would get immediate results and changes to the game for the better since if I were in charge, I would demand EXCELLENCE. The fact I am largely able to create an online template in my head with the slight (it wasn’t even his intention) bit of input from the mod, Sucumbio, that is theoretically far superior to the garbage they have no is a terrible indictment on smash ultimate devolpers, and Sakurai. Is it because they are stupid and inept? Maybe. Is it because Sakurai could not give a dam to make an good online and instead wanting to please an meta of fans who only **** off to what characters are in the game and other largely stupid modes like world of light? My main guess. Or did they have not enough time to finish the game so they focused on other stuff? Maybe. Or were their factors that prevented them from making an good online system outside their control, like Nintendo gave them limited online options or something... I highly doubt that.
The point is, what they’ve done with this online is a disgrace and beyond embarrassing and infuriating... and for that their should be consequences.

And to briefly reply to what you two said (I’m not tagging either of your names, I’m too disgusted at the softness I saw for you to even be worthy of getting a tag from me at the moment)
Saying that it’s sociopathic for them to be fired for this pitiful performance at creating a video game seems not to understand how jobs work. If you do bad, you’re FIRED. Alabama these people did was beyond “bad”.
Taking a break won’t do anything....Coolboy (tch... lucky I even said your name. Your previous post exposing online have had some good stuff so you have respect credits from me to at least say your name...)
Because when I come back I’ll be greeted to the same low c tier falco who barley can do anything and a terrible online system full of character inequality and stupid modes like battle data which doesn’t even quantify all kills from characters like smash 4 did. Taking a break and coming back won’t help. I’ll only take a break when I’ve gotten so frustrated of dealing with the garbage from snake oil dumbasses ( I don’t like actually cussing YOU MODS, I shouldn’t be forced to have to spell out actual cuss words so you guys can censor me instead of me censoring my own cuss words...ridiculous) who don’t know what the heck they are doing. That’s when I’ll “take a break”.
I don't think they are stupid or inept. In general, assuming that highly successful companies / individuals are dumb just proves to be false. They have large teams of very smart people working on the design decisions. Nintendo definitely made quick play and GSP the way that it is on purpose, in spite of being well aware of what their core players want, and what is the industry standard. I'd say that they are inept at the actual programming of the net code, but that is nintendos fault for refusing to get with the times for the last 10 years.

Regardless, my point here is that they are just arrogant. They refuse to adopt other people's net code and ranking systems. They have to be special and do it their own way, since they are just so awesome. Aside from the lag, which they lack proper servers and technology to handle, they purposefully made the game the way that it is... I guess that you could argue, in a sense, that this is basically incompetence in its own way, but they aren't dumb. They actually almost certainly think that their system is awesome, and I'm sure that they are all getting high praise for the massive game sales.

J.I.L

Banned via Administration
I don't think they are stupid or inept. In general, assuming that highly successful companies / individuals are dumb just proves to be false. They have large teams of very smart people working on the design decisions. Nintendo definitely made quick play and GSP the way that it is on purpose, in spite of being well aware of what their core players want, and what is the industry standard. I'd say that they are inept at the actual programming of the net code, but that is nintendos fault for refusing to get with the times for the last 10 years.

Regardless, my point here is that they are just arrogant. They refuse to adopt other people's net code and ranking systems. They have to be special and do it their own way, since they are just so awesome. Aside from the lag, which they lack proper servers and technology to handle, they purposefully made the game the way that it is... I guess that you could argue, in a sense, that this is basically incompetence in its own way, but they aren't dumb. They actually almost certainly think that their system is awesome, and I'm sure that they are all getting high praise for the massive game sales.
I did some research. It seems like the devolpers for this game was bando Namco (a very successful Japanese gaming company) and Sakurai own company. It took about 34 months to complete the game. It took about 2 years only to complete smash 4. I simply don’t how they could supposedly take so long to make this game and for it to be so...mediocre. And the only reason this game has high sales was because of huge marketing and the fan service of how huge the roster is. It’s not because this game is actually that good. It’s just “flashy”.

I mean, battle data does not even work.
The online system is garbage.
World of light can’t be played by two people and isn’t even that good (ironically... this mode is why I believe it took them so long for devolping the game).
A lot of classic modes like home run bat and those stuff are missing being replaced by useless stuff like “amibos”.

This isn’t that good of a game. And character equality in this game is horrendous, too.

Smash ultimate isn’t a game that will last at this rate.
And your point about the quickplay online system... that’s exactly what I mean by they are stupid and inept people. Whoever were the monkey farts who were paid to come up with ideas to basically only amount to this half baked online system are the epitome of “INEPT”. My online template is basically smash 4 but more advance and nuanced. Why couldn’t they have just done that? They built off smash 4 graphics, WHY NOT BUILD OFF ITS ONLINE.
My online system is this:
Party play
Causal play
Ranked play
Friend play.

Party play - a new mode where people can compete in more whacky smash modes like home run bat/target mode etc etc.

causal play - probably going to be the biggest mode. This is basically I unranked play. You can do team battle or 4 player smash. Team battle being separated into two player mode, or single player mode. Then 4 player smash being separated into items mode or no items mode. Once you click on mode you want. Your character screen will also have a customizable ruleset option on the top right (you can also access it on the mode selection screen too). You are given 45 seconds to select character as the game is searching for you, oppenets.

Ranked play - consisting of team battle or 1v1. Same thing as causal play, you have customizable rulesets based on mode select. For team battle, ID also have co op and single player. So you can play serious with a friend or family. My ranking system would be smash 4 but more advance. So your ranked play would actual be rank for tournament play after every month. In order to qualify for tournament you have to be at least a yellow tier player. What’s yelllw tier? Glad you asked. My tiers:
Grey tier - everyone who hasn’t played 8 games
Green tier - 0%-40% win rate
Yellow tier - 40-60% win rate
Orange tier - 60%-80% win rate
Red tier - 80% - 100% win rate
In order to get a tier. You have play 8 games in grey tier. 8/4 is 2. 4 being the rest of the non grey tiers so that means in this 8 game stretch you have to fight 2 green, yellow orange and red tier players. Whatever win rate you get from that puts you in your tier. For the next month, your character will compete in either tb or 1v1 in order to compete for seedlings (rank) in tournament. (For team battle, you just have to play 10 games against random oppenets... your win record will garner your tier).
At the end of each month, there’ll be 12 64-slotted tournaments. 10 of them being 1v1, 1 being single player team battle and the other being 2 player team battle.
Also, at the end of each month which will be showcased for the next month until a new one comes out will be the 10 most “most outstanding players” in team battle and 1v1 (so two “top 10 most outstanding players). In order to qualify for this, you have to play 100 games that month. And in order for top 3 qualification, has to be 250 games played. Also showcased for your region to see will be the winners of each tournament.
There will be a total of 48 tournaments. 4 differnt time slots in 48 hour window of tournament play. Once the tourney is done, it’ll take a day for ranked play to become playable again. Rinse and repeat for the next month. 1v1 tournament... in order to qualify for top 4 seed. You have to play 25 games.

Friend play - it’s be just battle arenas with automatic voice option

My mouth waters at how amazing my online system would. It wouldn’t even be a copy paste of any other game system, it’d just expand on what smash 4 did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom