• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grunt would like to battle! The Grunt for Smash Support Thread

TooBadWaluigiTime

Smash Apprentice

Welcome to the Grunt support thread, where everyone's name is now Grunt.

Who are they?
The Grunt is one of the most recognizable names of the Pokémon series, always being a thorn in your side through most of your journey in the world of Pokémon. Every single one of the villainous teams have these people.

Why?
Seeing how the villainous team are such a large part of the Pokémon series, where a large chunk of the game is you try to thwart them and destroy their plans, I think it's time for the villainous team to finally get some recognition. And what better way to do that than make the people you battle with the most playable?

How would the Grunts work?
While, yes, they can very well just be another Pokémon Trainer, I'm thinking more of them being the first non-monster Pokémon rep to actually fight, using items like Escape Ropes, Silph Scopes, and other items the villainous teams use. Because, let's face it, sometimes the Grunts can be a bit... dumb.

Possible Alts
The best idea, if you ask me, is to make every grunt from each team of the mainline Pokémon games playable, each team have either a male or female. Something like this:
Male Team Rocket Grunt

Male Team Aqua Grunt

Male Team Plasma Grunt

Male Team Skull Grunt

Female Team Magma Grunt

Female Team Galactic Grunt

Female Team Flare Grunt

Female Aether Foundation Employee

You could also possibly have the bosses or admins as potential alts as well. Who wouldn't want to beat Bayonetta with Guzma?

Fellow Grunts:
TooBadWaluigiTime​

Last edited:
Top Bottom