• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ground to Air Charge Cancel (GACC)- New movement tech

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720

A recently discovered tech unique to characters with charge based moves, Ground-Air Charge Cancelling consists of cancelling the jumpsquat animation upon landing while charging a storable projectile (in our case, thunder) with any grounded option. This will enable us to immediately dash, jab, grab, or whatever suits the scenario, whereas before we were limited to only shield, roll, jump, or cast thunder.

If perfected, I think this will greatly improve the speed of our robin play, and enable us to pull off some sick feints to the unsuspecting opponent :demon:

Thanks to D1 for the demonstration above.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Just to clarify, the sequence of events is: land while charging--->press jump once you've landed--->cancel jump with any grounded option, yes?

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Just to clarify, the sequence of events is: land while charging--->press jump once you've landed--->cancel jump with any grounded option, yes?
That's right. I tried it myself yesterday, the timing is really tight since jumpsquat is only 3 frames in this game, but it's very much doable.

Top Bottom