Ground to Air Charge Cancel (GACC)- New movement tech

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
Premium
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
NNID
Avokha00

A recently discovered tech unique to characters with charge based moves, Ground-Air Charge Cancelling consists of cancelling the jumpsquat animation upon landing while charging a storable projectile (in our case, thunder) with any grounded option. This will enable us to immediately dash, jab, grab, or whatever suits the scenario, whereas before we were limited to only shield, roll, jump, or cast thunder.

If perfected, I think this will greatly improve the speed of our robin play, and enable us to pull off some sick feints to the unsuspecting opponent :demon:

Thanks to D1 for the demonstration above.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Lord
NNID
Nah527
Just to clarify, the sequence of events is: land while charging--->press jump once you've landed--->cancel jump with any grounded option, yes?

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
Premium
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
NNID
Avokha00
Just to clarify, the sequence of events is: land while charging--->press jump once you've landed--->cancel jump with any grounded option, yes?
That's right. I tried it myself yesterday, the timing is really tight since jumpsquat is only 3 frames in this game, but it's very much doable.

Switch FC
SW-2880-1949-8293
I'm not sure if I fully understand, but is the application of this similar to the charge jump cancel?

Charge jump cancels are extremely easy to execute in comparison. . . . but if the GACC relies on cancelling a jumpsquat, that would mean that the landing part is unnecessary right? So that would mean it is different from jump charge cancelling in the regard that it can be done from a grounded position?

Edit: I saw your post about charge storage cancelling on the tech thread, makes more sense now

Last edited: