• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ground breaking new Ic ability or monstrosity you decide

Smoom77

Smash Master
While at school, I was thinking of some theories even though I couldn't test them. I'm at a friend's house so I still can't.

-To increase Nana's regular grab range (I heard you wanted a big range Swordgard :p) while Popo is doing a blizzard or is holding someone, Nana can pivot grab since if you make her run away, she's not going ot run but will be doing the action. Result: Larger grab range, but it'll take a few frames longer. It's not gonna change anything big, but maybe a new standard we'd do?

-Chaingrabbing with pivot grabbing? Not sure what, but maybe we could incorporate something since Nana isn't gonna move anywhere when pivoting.

-Does dashdancing while Nana is blizzarding make her change directions? Could punish rolling easily.

Also, what is the debug code used for exactly? How does it work?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Also, what is the debug code used for exactly? How does it work?
Frame data tester. Debug pause pauses the game completely, with no camera screen thingy like a regular pause. Debug pause can pause anywhere, even the load screens, lol. When you have it paused this way, pressing Z advances the game one frame.

X+Up on the D-Pad because the new default pause button.

Nokon

Smash Apprentice
I'm new to IC's and this looks insane. o.o

IC's for god tier? =]

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
LOL. Best chaingrab finisher ever:

Back throw to Nana, jump twice, then keep footstooling while Nana is still holding the opponent until you are above the screen and do an up air or any thing else.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
omg guys. ok check this out. ok so first desync and have nana do a charging up smash. while nana is charging an up smash. jump and both of you will jump. we can now do any smash attacks in the air. lol

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Instead of playing with what we can do while fused, let's figure out how to GET fused. I've tested banana peels and grenades without luck.

IxxI

Smash Fence
IC's have soooo much potential, and more than they did last time. That's saying a lot. I want to learn this!

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
Instead of playing with what we can do while fused, let's figure out how to GET fused. I've tested banana peels and grenades without luck.
Good call , so far I was able to recreate it practicly with t-jolts and falcos laser.
I still couldn't get a chaingrab to work though , you doing anything special?

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Good call , so far I was able to recreate it practicly with t-jolts and falcos laser.
I still couldn't get a chaingrab to work though , you doing anything special?
Bthrow to nana is really easy. Fthrow to Popo, just walk forward and when he pops you hit grab, lol.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I can do this pretty much consistently against pikachu, falco, and wolf's shots. I'm pretty sure most of the projectiles can cause this, though I haven't had success with Link's arrows yet. I've tried getting bananas, grenades, and snake's mines to cause it, but haven't yet. I can't get Brinstar's lava, Halberd's laser, or Halberd's cannon to do it, but I think all of those should be possible. Keep looking people.

Edit: New Theory: the attack must have transcendent priority to cause it. Someone try to get something that is NOT one of those types, and it'll disprove this.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
can u do it to dins fire?

if so lol that would break the matchup :( blizzard is already a huge obstacle in that matchup for zelda

ch33s3

Smash Lord
can u do it to dins fire?

if so lol that would break the matchup :( blizzard is already a huge obstacle in that matchup for zelda
I haven't been able to yet, but someone should try in debug mode. I feel like me and Smoom are the only one's looking into this.

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
I haven't been able to yet, but someone should try in debug mode. I feel like me and Smoom are the only one's looking into this.
Im also looking into it , I'll have much more time to once I finish my essay and portfolio.
Also , I managed to get it on an akward pk thunder from Lucas.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Im also looking into it , I'll have much more time to once I finish my essay and portfolio.
Also , I managed to get it on an akward pk thunder from Lucas.
That doesn't have transcendent priority, it MUST be electric attacks.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
i have got it with pikachu, falco, wolf, samus, ness, lucas, and zss. its pretty easy once u get it down :D

Edit: and olimars yellow pikman fsmash and DDD's minion dude that shoots electricity :D

r3d d09

Smash Master
i'm going to have to try this shenanigans when i hope on brawl again. it's been like two weeks :/ this will add to team play i believe. I'm trying to get IC's to be tier in teams :p

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
yeah its too bad u cant use it in all characters. just a few. at least so far. maybe one of these days someone will figure it out :p

anyways still fun :p

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
I have a theory that it is not electrical attacks that do this, but attacks which hitbox disappear after hitting something once. So for example, if you were to use Falco's Ftilt, then it would be able to hit multiple characters, as the hitbox stays out and does not disappear upon hitting a character, whereas Falco's laser stops after hitting one character, thus allowing only one Ice Climber to be hit, and not both.

Also, since I first saw this technique, I've been thinking that Squall is IC's version of the fusion dance.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I have a theory that it is not electrical attacks that do this, but attacks which hitbox disappear after hitting something once. So for example, if you were to use Falco's Ftilt, then it would be able to hit multiple characters, as the hitbox stays out and does not disappear upon hitting a character, whereas Falco's laser stops after hitting one character, thus allowing only one Ice Climber to be hit, and not both.

Also, since I first saw this technique, I've been thinking that Squall is IC's version of the fusion dance.
What about it working with lucas' pk thunder then?

swordgard

Smash Hero
I can do this pretty much consistently against pikachu, falco, and wolf's shots. I'm pretty sure most of the projectiles can cause this, though I haven't had success with Link's arrows yet. I've tried getting bananas, grenades, and snake's mines to cause it, but haven't yet. I can't get Brinstar's lava, Halberd's laser, or Halberd's cannon to do it, but I think all of those should be possible. Keep looking people.

Edit: New Theory: the attack must have transcendent priority to cause it. Someone try to get something that is NOT one of those types, and it'll disprove this.
Pikachus jolt does not have transcendent priority >.<

homicidalrapist

Smash Apprentice
Do they destick from a solo squall?
If so, then I think I know of a way to "destick" the IC's during the chain grabs. Down throw to squall and grab again. this assuming that they destick when they solo squall though.
And lol at only working on electrical attacks, looks like this would be one match-up falco won't be lasering in.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
Solo squall doesn't de-fuse them.

I am quite sure that it is attacks that the hit box dissapears after hitting Nana is what causes the fusion. This is why it works with grabs too. So technically it works on all characters, but it isn't really plausible to try to time a squall to their grab.

You guys need to realize: you can still chain grab while fused, the timing is just a little different, but still possible. The backthrow timing appears to be identical, but for the forward/down throw you need to dash to catch them.

This will probably only work on projectile spammers, but I think it will really help out the IC metagame if people can get this down consistantly.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
How does it work with zss? Stun != electricity
or samus?
ZSS stun shot, and dsmash are both electric element attack. Samus' Zair and Neutral B are also both electric element.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
O.o So only Electric attacks hrm? That's kinda dissapointing but it will be very useful in certain matchups. Does Ganon's Dair stick them?

Top Bottom