• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gringos in Peru 2014

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
http://youtu.be/SIP8rcSWJbQ

this was the most important match in the whole tournament.

Then ****ing studstill randomly comes in and ruins the whole tournament on the last stock.

The winner of that match went on to fight boom next round.

Speaking of studstill, he claims to have a better set of tournament rules: subjectively decide who is playing "like a *****". Oh and the rule is both players must approach each other at the same time. Therefore for the boom gerson situation, he said he would have dq'd both players. Our ruleset DQ's less people, but that's not a valid metric to determine how good a ruleset is so his is still better.

Last edited:

malva00

Smash Master
jiggs weeg and yoshi are the only ones that get significantly better
No it's Jiggly, Luigi and Mario. Yoshi has a higher first jump in the Japanese version which, along with less attack stun, makes it much easier to combo and break shields.

Actually I'm unsure about Luigi. Japanese Luigi fireballs are probably very important since it's not easy to defend when you're as slow as Luigi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sangoku

Smash Master
Isn't Yoshi super armour breaking at lower percent in the Japanese version? I can't test at the moment but I think that's how I felt when I played with the Japanese.

Madao

Isn't Yoshi super armour breaking at lower percent in the Japanese version? I can't test at the moment but I think that's how I felt when I played with the Japanese.
Ya, 120 knockback resistance in JP, while 140 in US.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Incredibly lame matches where both parties refuse to approach are going to happen on any stage until we implement a timer.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Incredibly lame matches where both parties refuse to approach are going to happen on any stage until we implement a timer.
IDK I haven't seen any super stally matches between good characters except like kirby dittos

Like OK ness has to camp but that's ness's problem

That said timers are a good idea. I'd argue for 10 minutes, though, to make sure that slow but still engaging MU's get played out.

Last edited:

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
I see no reason to not implement a timer besides a possible lack of convenience from the timer having to be from a source outside the game

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
hasn't this already been covered before? it's easily possible to infinite circle camp on hyrule. if there is a timer, someone could just get a % lead and then run in a circle for the rest of the match and win.

hilariously enough, going around in a circle over and over again is quite analogous to these hyrule debates

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
No it's Jiggly, Luigi and Mario. Yoshi has a higher first jump in the Japanese version which, along with less attack stun, makes it much easier to combo and break shields.

Actually I'm unsure about Luigi. Japanese Luigi fireballs are probably very important since it's not easy to defend when you're as slow as Luigi.
I was just going by the differences in the tier list. Yoshi, Jiggs, Luigi and DK on the bottom according to the japanese. I'm not sure what is different for dk between versions moveset wise

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I find that it isn't exactly that DK is per-se worse, but the system doesn't benefit him. With there being less smash DI and since DK has no good multi-hit moves, he isn't better in any way.

Olikus

Smash Champion
hasn't this already been covered before? it's easily possible to infinite circle camp on hyrule. if there is a timer, someone could just get a % lead and then run in a circle for the rest of the match and win.

hilariously enough, going around in a circle over and over again is quite analogous to these hyrule debates
this was excatly what boom did vs gerson. But we dont need to worry to much since hyrule is banned in american tourneys. And timer isnt still needed on DL imo.

Last edited:

Morin0

Smash Lord

You could argue that it's better to have a match that lasts 8 minutes (or whatever the timer has been set to) instead of an hour in a tournament with no timer. I'm not saying that either scenario is good, but matches lasting for 8 minutes is way better than say an hour.

The more I think about it, the more what Isai said makes sense. But tournament is tournament – there are time constraints, so a stage like Hyrule does not cut it. You can circle camp for hours in friendlies all you want.

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Updated the OP with the youtube playlists from each day. Added last 2 days.

I'm too lazy to upload anymore videos.

Stuff you can only watch at my house:
Videos of me
Tournament pools ( i think papacho, marka, and mariguas were all in the same pool)
Drunk tavo vs boom falcon dittos.

Next trip is to japan, I might stream instead of record.

Though I plan on recording a 12 character battle with Jouske and not me

go to the tumblr to see what marka's thumbs look like

Last edited:
Top Bottom